One of the Costa del Sol’s top resorts, Fuengirola is a haven for holidaymakers yet wears its Spanish heritage with pride.
If you’re looking for a sunshine getaway with all the home comforts, a holiday in Fuengirola might just be your perfect match. A coastal Spanish town with sandy beaches, deep blue waters, local street markets and tapas restaurants, Fuengirola has plenty to take your fancy. But beloved by tourists for both summer holidays and winter breaks, it’s also well supplied by all-inclusive accommodation and attractions aplenty.
Watersports in Fuengirola
If your main priority is to kick back on the golden beaches on holiday in Fuengirola, you’re in the right place. But if you do want to get a little wet and wild, Fuengirola’s thrilling watersports shouldn’t be missed. Hop on a jet ski, say hello to the fishes on a scuba diving trip or fly high on a parasail for an unrivalled view of the Costa del Sol coastline.
Book with confidence
Why book Fuengirola holidays
Discover the best beaches
Get the best of Costa del Sol's sandy beaches
Cultural hotspot not to miss
Visit the medieval Moorish Sohail Castle Towers
Bioparc Fuengirola, Aquamijas Waterpark and Sould Park for the little ones
Explore the local markets
Check out the local street markets every Tuesday in Fuengirola's square
Perfect for watersports
Hire a jet ski and take on the deep blue waters
Hit the nightlife & bar scene
Enjoy your evenings in Fuengirola with a cocktail and live music
Most popular Fuengirola hotels
Your guide to Fuengirola holidays
Top 5 things to do in Fuengirola
Crammed with attractions big and small, holidays to Fuengirola promise new adventures every day.
- Fuengirola’s pretty port is a hive of activity. Still a traditional fishing hub, you’ll find a thriving outdoor cafe culture alongside glass-bottomed boat tours and tuna fishing trips.
- Just 10 minutes into the hills behind town, the winding lanes of Mijas deliver culture and boutiques by the bucketload. Seek out Plaza de Toros for commanding panoramas across the sparkling sea.
- Keep Tuesday clear in your diaries, because the Fuengirola Street Market presents bargains galore. Stalls are laden with everything from food to clothing, pottery to souvenirs.
- Los Boliches, a seafront neighbourhood of Fuengirola, is just as vibrant but with even more of a Spanish feel. Narrow streets lead you to tapas bars, classic monuments and traditional family shops.
- Shop until you drop at the expansive Miramar shopping centre. Outlets of every description tempt shopaholics, but the blissful air conditioning alone is worth a trip.
History in Fuengirola
From Roman remains to Moorish castles, step back into a history encompassing many cultures and thousands of years.
- Glimpse into the rich history of this unassuming town at the Fuengirola History Museum. Artefacts and exhibitions span from early Roman civilisations to the tourist boom of the 1970s.
- Overlooking where Fuengirola River meets the sea, the 10th century Sohail Castle is in prime position. Commanding views, open air concerts and captivating Moorish history make it well worth the steep walk.
- The hidden archeological ruins of Finca del Secretario are a total gem, if you can find it! Tucked away in the centre of town, the preserved Roman bathhouse and surrounding park are a real highlight.
- Watch the world go by in the historic Plaza de la Constitución, a bustling square wrapped around a beautiful church. Favoured by locals and visitors alike, it’s old school Spain at its finest.
- Bizarre and beautiful in equal measure, Castillo de Colomares is a fairytale castle dedicated to the life of Christopher Columbus. Blending Gothic, Byzantine and Romanesque architecture, it’s a sight to behold.
Your Fuengirola questions answered
May to October is perfect beach weather with hot sunny days and warm nights. July and August are the busiest months, while winter breaks offer the best package deals to Fuengirola.
Top Fuengirola hotels
5 Star Hotels
4 Star Hotels
3 Star Hotels
- Stella Maris Fuengirola
- Globales Gardenia Park
- El Puerto by Pierre Vacances
- Myramar Fuengirola
- Las Rampas
- Monarque Cendrillon Hotel
- La Jabega Apartments
- Fuengirola Beach
- Nuriasol Apartments
- Itaca Fuengirola
- Pyr Fuengirola Apartments
- Apartments Veramar
- Hotel Villa de Laredo
- Mediterraneo Real Apartamentos Turísticos
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes
Prices last checked at 13:26 5 March 2021