There’s little wonder the French are so passionate about holidaying in their own country. From chic ski resorts to glitzy beach towns, there’s a destination to discover at every time of the year.
Wherever you decide to go first, you’ll find la belle France is a delight to explore. Life moves at a gentle pace outside of Paris, led by the country’s twin passions for gastronomy and culture. Holidays in France give you the chance to immerse yourself in a little bit of this joie de vivre, enjoying the good things in life as you laze by a pool on the French Riviera, road trip from vineyard to vineyard in Burgundy or marvel at châteaux in the Loire.
Outdoor adventures in France
Historical sights don’t have to feature heavily on holidays to France. The country has some of Europe’s most epic scenery, ranging from The Alps’ snow-capped peaks to Brittany’s rocky coastline. Every year there are more adrenaline-packed ways to get out and explore, with a host of mountain bike routes, rafting courses, canyoning adventures and more.
Why book France holidays
Top attractions to visit
The Eiffel Tower in Paris, gorgeous Versailles & magical Château de Chambord
Try the local wine
Indulge in the deep reds of Bordeux or drink real champagne from the Champagne region
Sample the local food
We love to pick up buttery croissants from Parisian bakeries, indulgent crepes from Brittany, and strong cheese along the way
Discover the best beaches
Head down to the French Riviera for a stylish beach escape to Cannes, Nice & Saint Tropez
Popular with couples
From romantic strolls in Paris to couples escapes on the French Riviera, France is the essential romantic destination
A family holiday to Disneyland Paris is a top choice for a reason!
Ile de France
Ile de France in France, MediterraneanFrom £177 per person
Provence Alpes Cote d'Azur
Provence Alpes Cote d'Azur in France, MediterraneanFrom £134 per person
A French island sitting off the coast of France and Italy, Corsica offers beautiful mountain views and great weather to match. As …From £672 per person
Top resorts in France
Nowhere else does magic like the Magic Kingdom, where dreams come true and you can let your imagination run wild. Whether …From £216 per person
There’s simply nowhere else like the City of Love. The French capital’s dedication to art, architecture and cuisine is unmatched …From £177 per person
One of the most popular cities on France’s southern coastline, Nice, sits on the French Riviera, overlooking stunning views of …From £179 per person
The enchanting city of Marseille located in the south of France is one of a kind. As a port city, …From £180 per person
The beautiful city of Cannes lies along the luxurious French Riviera, located in the south of France. Known for its …From £180 per person
Aix en Provence
Aix en Provence in Provence Alpes Cote d'Azur, FranceFrom £134 per person
Join the millions of customers finding better value holidays
Search your way
Enter as much or as little information as you’d like. You don’t have to know where or when you’re going to see our best prices
Compare deals quickly
We search through 1000s of flight and hotel combinations to bring you the best offers within seconds
Instantly see prices for each day
Save money by quickly finding the cheapest days to travel
Your guide to France holidays
Top 5 things to do in France
If it’s your first time planning a holiday in France, these are the country’s bucket-list-worthy attractions.
- The French capital, the city of light and love, lives up to its reputation as one of the world’s most beautiful destinations. Everyone should visit Paris once in their lifetime to stroll by the Seine and marvel at the city’s myriad museums and monuments.
- Medieval castles and wild, unspoiled coastlines await in Brittany. Culturally and historically this is one of the most fascinating regions of France to explore.
- Europe’s highest peak, Mont Blanc, looms over the French Alps. Come during snow season to join the fun at winter playgrounds like Chamonix or in summer to float on alpine lakes and explore towns like Annecy.
- The rich and famous have long flocked to the mythical Côte d'Azur, better known as the French Riviera, where sun and rosé are seemingly on tap all summer long.
- Renowned just as much for its independent spirit as its incredible beaches, the island of Corsica is one of the most magical in the Med. Hike across its rocky interior or head for pristine, white-sand coves.
Top natural wonders in France
Walking and sightseeing holidays are wildly popular when it comes to appreciating France’s great outdoors.
- You can kayak, climb and hike as you explore the Gorges du Verdon, Europe’s “Grand Canyon”, spectacularly carved from a limestone plateau in the Var over several million years.
- Made famous by the Impressionists, the cliffs and rock formations at Etretat in Normandy make up France’s most striking stretch of coastline.
- Pink flamingos migrate to the Camargue’s salt flats each year to mate and breed from April to September. Even amid 340 other bird species, they’re quite a sight.
- The Dune du Pilat is perhaps France’s most surprising natural wonder. Soaring to heights of more than 100m, this enormous sand dune on the edge of the Bassin d’Arcachon is Europe’s tallest.
- Provence’s lavender fields might not be completely natural, but they’re one of the defining images of France. See them in bloom from mid-June to August.
What our local experts say
Tuesday Tips: Tipping
Attention, savvy travellers: Always learn about the tipping customs of your destination before stepping off the plane. Our team has travelled far and wide and has faced many an awkward tipping moment along the way. The good news: they’re sharing everything they know. So, here are some of our most ...Continue reading
Most popular France hotels
- Disneyland Paris
- Ile de France
- Ile de France
Your France questions answered
French holidays are particularly enjoyable in late spring, when temperatures can top 20°C and the countryside bursts into life. By June and July, the crowds start to build, although it’s still a good time to travel if you’re looking for sun, fun and plenty of summer atmosphere. For skiing, most resorts are open from December to April.
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes
Prices last checked at 07:21 21 January 2021