Foggia at a Glance
Situated in a natural valley on the south eastern coast of Italy, and surrounded by lush landscapes, there is plenty to be discovered on your cheap holiday to Foggia.
You'll Love Foggia if...
- The family want an activity packed holiday for summer.
- You and your partner want to explore the southern coast of Italy.
- You're part of a group of friends looking for relaxing summer holiday.
Perfect Family Holidays in Foggia
Foggia sits at the centre of the Tavoliere Plain, a huge flat area that dominates the northern part of the Puglia region. It makes for a perfect base to explore the surrounding areas, and local attractions.
- Visit one of Foggia's nearby towns, such as Troia, which boasts a handful of medieval cathedrals and is famous for its wine production.
- Foggia is home to two popular pilgrimage sites, including the Sanctuary of Monte Sant'Angelo, which is Western Europe's oldest shrine dedicated to the archangel Michael. The town is filled with ancient attractions that will please all history fanatics.
- The modern part of this city is filled with shops, restaurants and parks, which are a pleasant way to spend a day, and keep the family entertained.
- The Tremiti Islands are one of the most popular tourist areas, five islands that offer wonderful sights of caves, bays and coves. By boat, discover the beautiful scenery of this large nature reserve. Diving is also popular here.
Top Attractions in Foggia
- The 12th-century Cattedrale della Santa Maria Icona Vetere is located off the Piazza del Lago in the town centre. It is the largest cathedral in the province, and features a mix of baroque and Romanesque design.
- Another must see historical attraction is the Civic Museum, which can be found on the Piazza Nigri. This houses exhibitions on Puglia's archaeological past.
- For a more relaxing activity, why not take a trip to Foggia’s surrounding areas, and view the famous trulli which are scattered around. These buildings are famous for their beauty, and are great examples of popular Italian architecture.
Book With Confidence
You can trust us we're Fully Licensed.
Don’t be restricted by package holidays to Foggia, create your own tailor made holiday by finding the cheapest prices available for your next holiday to Foggia with loveholidays.com.