USD: United States dollar
Florida Holidays 2020
A sunny land of world-famous theme parks, sandy beaches and exciting nightlife, holidays to Florida tick all the right boxes. Hold onto your hats for a fun ride of a lifetime!
As it’s nestled between the Atlantic Ocean and the Gulf of Mexico, the Sunshine State is wrapped in spectacular beaches. From the glamorous Gold Coast to the historic Space Coast, each brings a different flavour to try on Florida holidays. The celebrated theme parks offer super-sized fun for families and a renowned dining scene is crowned by a local penchant for craft beer. Around 237 days of sunshine make this a year-round destination, with dry, mild winters and long, hot summers.
A world of wildlife
Alligators bask on sunny canal banks, sea turtles nest in summer and dolphins flip through sparkling oceans. Adventure is always an option on Florida holidays, from getting up-close with manatees to paddling a kayak amid colourful water birds. Throw in romantic pink sunsets, relaxing seaside towns, culture and arts for a holiday destination with something for everyone.
Florida at a glance
Top attractions to visit
Walt Disney World Resort, Kennedy Space Centre & The Florida Aquarium
Discover the best beaches
With hundreds of miles of beaches, there's something for everyone
Great national parks
Visit Everglades National Park for mangrove tours and a chance to see the gators
Fun theme parks, child-friendly hotels and numerous activities
Unmissable art scene
Don't miss the art culture of Miami
The best theme parks
From Universal Orlando Resort to Magic Kingdom Park, some of the best theme parks in the world are in Florida!
Last minute holidays to Florida
If you're thinking about heading to Florida soon, look no further than our last minute deals. Soak up the sunshine, lounge around on the beach and shop til' you drop with our late deals on flights and accommodation!
Join the millions of customers finding better value holidays
Search your way
Enter as much or as little information as you’d like. You don’t have to know where or when you’re going to see our best prices
Compare deals quickly
We search through 1000s of flight and hotel combinations to bring you the best offers within seconds
Instantly see prices for each day
Save money by quickly finding the cheapest days to travel
Things to do in Florida
Best beaches in Florida
Just close your eyes and point to choose a beach in Florida. With white sands, sparkling seas and fantastic amenities, you simply can’t go wrong.
- Take your roller skates to join in with the action along the elevated boardwalk at Miami Beach. The central section, called Mid-Beach, extends to the historic Fontainebleau Miami Beach hotel.
- Sugary sands and palm trees define Fort Lauderdale Beach. A long promenade invites lazy strolling and water sports keep adventure-seekers happy all day.
- The Daytona Beach Boardwalk and Pier sets the scene on this vast stretch of sand. Combine a day of swimming with thrill rides, classic arcade games and boutique shopping.
- Splash in the clear waters of the Gulf of Mexico at Panama City Beach and don’t miss the romantic sunsets. Artificial reefs offshore create plenty of action for scuba divers.
- The southernmost point in the United States, Key West, is small but perfectly formed. Laze the day away at South Beach, play volleyball at Smathers Beach and catch the sunset at Rest Beach.
- Rent a board and take a surfing lesson at Cocoa Beach on the Space Coast. Afterwards, walk out over the Atlantic Ocean on the Cocoa Beach Pier for a fish sandwich and shopping.
Food & Drink in Florida
No matter where you stay in the Sunshine State, you’ll find a foodie destination nearby. Menus serve up all your favourites, along with exotic cuisine influenced by the Caribbean and Latin America.
- Eat and drink your way through Tampa’s historic neighbourhood, Ybor City. Colourful Cuban diners, microbreweries and Florida’s oldest restaurant, Colombia, compete for your attention.
- It’s not all about fairy floss and hot dogs in Orlando. Take your taste buds to Restaurant Row for celebrity chef menus, steakhouses and seafood restaurants.
- Looking for biscuits and gravy or retro diners? Kissimmee delivers those all-American pancake houses and burger joints, among a huge range of international eateries.
- Miami’s Little Havana neighbourhood is chock-full of Cuban bakeries, fruit stands and restaurants serving traditional empanadas. Other top dining districts include Wynwood, the Design District and celebrity chef restaurants in South Beach hotels.
- Sip cocktails on the waterfront and dine on fresh seafood at the Key West Historic Seaport. Don’t leave Key West without a taste of Key lime pie.
- The River District in Fort Myers is a downtown hub of shops and restaurants that deliver live music with eclectic menus.
- Dine with scenic views of the New River along Fort Lauderdale’s Riverwalk. The Jazz Brunch is held in the park on the first Sunday of each month. At any time of year, waterfront eateries and bars invite you to linger, day and night.
What our local experts say
Warming up: How to plan the perfect winter sun escape
There are two types of people in this world. Those who love winter and those who love winter sun. If you agree with the latter, you just might be interested… There’s no need to hang around for the bitter cold and the sluggish, grey days when you can escape ...Continue reading
New getaways and old favourites – where to go in summer ...
Aside from being an overall stressful and unusual time for us all, we know Covid-19 has put a hold on many holiday plans. We hope to continue inspiring you during this period with new and exciting travel ideas, so that when the world eventually gets back to its old self ...
Top 6 unforgettable US nightclubs
If you’re booking a holiday to the US with the intention to party, then it can be a little exhausting choosing a destination when there’re many hotspots all over the country. So, with this in mind, we’ve done the leg work for you and rounded up our top ...
Most popular hotels in Florida
Your Florida questions answered
Numerous airlines fly to Florida from the UK, including British Airways, Virgin Atlantic, Norwegian, Finnair and American Airlines. The average direct flight time is nine hours from London, Glasgow, Manchester and Edinburgh.
Top Florida Destinations
Need some more inspiration on where to go? Here are some of our top Florida destinations:
- Boca Raton
- Bonita Springs
- Clearwater Beach
- Cocoa Beach
- Coral Gables
- Daytona Beach
- Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Myers
- Fort Myers Beach
- International Drive
- Key Largo
- Lake Buena Vista
- Longboat Key
- Miami Beach
- Miami Springs
- Palm Beach Gardens
- Sanibel Island
- St Augustine
- St Augustine Beach
- St Pete Beach
- St Petersburg
- Sunny Isles Beach
- Treasure Island
- Walt Disney World
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes