Estepona Holidays 2020
Estepona holidays transport you to the very heart of the Costa del Sol; a region of Spain famous for its warm weather and lively beach vibe. However, while many resorts in this part of the country are modern settlements, you’ll find Estepona is a little more traditional, with a rich culture and fascinating history.
Many travellers choose Estepona for their summer holiday because of the resort’s authentic charm and vibrant character. The beautiful and historic town centre is bursting with Spanish heritage, and is home to beautiful beaches, a lively marina, an exciting culinary scene, and plenty of action and adventure.
Whether you’re searching for cheap holidays in budget-friendly Estepona holiday apartments, or something a little more opulent, we’ve got some great deals for you. Check out our holidays to Estepona from Glasgow and other major UK airports, and book your getaway today.
Estepona at a glance
Top attractions to visit
The historic Old Town, Castillo de San Luis, Orchidarium Estepona
Cultural hotspot not to miss
The flower-filled square of Plaza de la Flores
Sample the local food
Sample the catch of the day at one of the seafront restaurants
Take the kids to Aqualand in Torremolinos or Selwo Aventura in Estepona
Discover the best beaches
We love sandy Playa del Cristo and the large Playa La Rada
Great for golf! There are 8 courses in the resort’s proximity
Join the millions of customers finding better value holidays
Search your way
Enter as much or as little information as you’d like. You don’t have to know where or when you’re going to see our best prices
Compare deals quickly
We search through 1000s of flight and hotel combinations to bring you the best offers within seconds
Instantly see prices for each day
Save money by quickly finding the cheapest days to travel
Things to do in Estepona
No matter what sort of holiday experience you’re after, you’ll find lots of great things to do in Estepona, which offers everything from relaxing beach fronts to educational cultural sights and attractions.
- The historic centre of Estepona is a maze of cobbled streets lined with traditional Spanish houses, old churches, and iconic landmarks. One of the top attractions here really is just strolling around the town and discovering the local charm. Don’t be afraid to put the map away, and simply see where you end up.
- Equally satisfying is the impressive Plaza de la Flores, considered by many to be the heartbeat of the town. This vast square is full of lively bars and alluring restaurants, and while quiet in the mornings, it really starts to come alive in the afternoon when both locals and visitors stop by for snacks and drinks.
- Staying in a hotel in the Old Town will put you in the centre of all the action, whether you want great food and drink, daytime leisure options, or shopping opportunities. This area is adorned with lots of quirky stores and colourful boutiques, and is the ideal place to pick up some souvenirs to take home.
- The Costa del Sol is renowned as a playground for golf enthusiasts, and around Estepona you’ll find some fantastic options if you’ve brought your clubs with you. El Paraiso, Atalaya, and Valle Romano are all great choices for golfers, and are classed among some of the most scenic courses in the country.
Best beaches in Estepona
The Costa del Sol is famed for its stunning coastline. The Estepona beach fronts are absolutely jaw-dropping, and are great for swimming, sunbathing, and building sandcastles!
- One of the best beaches in Estepona is Del Cristo Beach. It’s safe for families with young children, and features amenities such as toilets, showers, loungers, and plenty of bars and restaurants. While this beach is very near the town, you’ll feel a million miles away when you’re on the sands.
- As you head north along the coast you’ll discover more fantastic beaches and great family attractions. Marbella, which is just 20 miles away from the resort, offers some truly stunning beaches and a very active watersports scene, making it great for anyone looking for some beachfront adventure.
- In Torremolinos, which is around an hour’s drive from Estepona, you’ll discover more long stretches of sand, as well as one of Spain’s very best waterparks. Aqualand offers adrenaline-pumping rides, activities for little ones, and plenty of pools to chill out in, making for an amazing day out.
Most popular hotels in Estepona
Your Estepona questions answered
There is no train service between Estepona and Malaga. However, there is a service between Fuengirola and Malaga which covers part of the route. Fuengirola can be reached by local bus from Estepona.
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes