Discover El Medano holidays 2021
Step into an undeniably cool corner of Tenerife on holidays in El Medano, a surfing paradise untouched by mass tourism.
Whether you’re in search of a cheap summer holiday or wishing for winter sun, El Medano holidays go big on the great outdoors. Year-round sunshine, soft sandy beaches and windy conditions keep water sports fans, particularly surfers, flocking back year after year. Families love this unspoilt stretch of coastline too for its authentic restaurants, nearby attractions and characterful town square.
Laid back vibes in El Medano
Located on Tenerife’s southeastern coast, El Medano has some popular neighbours. But while resorts like Los Cristianos and Playa de las Américas are all bars and bustle, this easygoing town guarantees far more charm and chill. Kick back on the beach, browse the bohemian shops and linger at local markets that are distinctly Spanish in look and feel.
Join the millions of customers finding better value holidays
Search your way
Enter as much or as little information as you’d like. You don’t have to know where or when you’re going to see our best prices
Compare deals quickly
We search through 1000s of flight and hotel combinations to bring you the best offers within seconds
Instantly see prices for each day
Save money by quickly finding the cheapest days to travel
Your guide to El Medano holidays
Blending old school Tenerife and natural wonder, El Medano holidays are all about simple pleasures.
- Known as the surfing and kitesurfing capital of Tenerife, El Medano beach is the place to be. Big winds lead to awesome waves, with multiple surf schools ready to show you a tubular time.
- Already know your stuff? Hire your kit instead and enjoy the freedom of riding the waves at leisure. A tailor-made community of like-minded enthusiasts means you’ll never have to surf alone.
- If you prefer to keep your feet dry, it can be just as much fun watching all the action! Regular surfing competitions bring a friendly buzz to town and your sun bed provides a relaxing vantage point.
- The seaside boardwalk is the ultimate spot for a stroll. With the rolling Atlantic on one side and cool cafes on the other, there’s plenty of opportunity to take ten and admire the view.
- Every Saturday, El Medano’s main square hosts one of the best, and quirkiest, markets on the island. Stalls sell colourful arts and crafts, handmade jewellery and local souvenirs.
Outdoor adventure in El Medano
Taking a break from the surf? Balmy temperatures and volcanic scenery make outdoor living a delight on holidays in El Medano.
- You can’t miss the shimmery outline of La Montaña Roja gazing over town. Birds love the nature reserve around this red-tinged mountain and there are several routes to the top where panoramic views await.
- The arid scenery and fascinating flora of Montaña Pelada Natural Monument showcases the island’s volcanic roots. Known as ‘Bald Mountain’, its trails can be tricky so pack your hiking boots.
- El Medano’s deep blue ocean is home to an aquatic wonderland. Local marine reserves offer diving expeditions through sunken wrecks, underwater caves and volcanic crevices filled with peeking fish.
- Pedal your way past Tenerife’s verdant forests and mighty mountains on a mountain biking tour. Tailored to your needs, even total beginners can hit the saddle.
- After long days of exploring, take the opportunity to relax both body and mind with a yoga session on the beach. Set to a backdrop of soothing Atlantic waves, you’ll feel brand new in no time!
Your El Medano questions answered
Temperatures in El Medano rarely drop below the 20s so it’s a fantastic holiday destination for winter sun. July and August are the hottest and busiest months, perfect if you’re wanting to spend all summer holiday on the beach.
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes
Prices last checked at 12:58 25 February 2021