EGP: Egyptian pound
El Gouna holidays 2021
Sparkling lagoons, luxury yachts and golden sands set the scene on holidays to El Gouna. If you’re looking for a brilliant base to explore the abundant Red Sea and the Egyptian desert, you’ve found it.
With a lively marina at the heart of the action and all-inclusive resorts smack bang on the beach, El Gouna holidays are all about fun in the sun. World-famous dive sites rest offshore, golf courses boast ocean views and water parks thrill the kids. The popular resort of Hurghada is just a short drive away and rolling desert dunes offer incredible adventures.
History and culture in El Gouna
You get the best of all worlds on holidays in El Gouna, with modern resort facilities in easy day trip distance of historic and cultural attractions. Explore the desert with Bedouin guides, discover monasteries along ancient hiking trails and take a trip to Luxor. The desert climate ensures sunshine and starry night skies year-round.
Why book El Gouna holidays
Discover the best beaches
Sprawl out on beautiful white sand beaches like Buzzha Beach
Perfect for watersports
El Gouna's Red Sea waters are some of the best for snorkelling and scuba diving
Amazing all inclusive resorts
Treat yourself to all inclusive food, drinks and activities for the duration of your stay
Most popular El Gouna hotels
Your guide to El Gouna holidays
Top 5 things to do in El Gouna
From family seaside breaks to romantic escapes for couples and adventure holidays, El Gouna is an all-round crowd-pleaser.
- Lined with El Gouna hotels, elegant restaurants, shops and bars, Abu Tig Marina is a picturesque leisure precinct for indulgent days.
- Life revolves around the Red Sea in El Gouna. You’ll find all your favourite water sports, spectacular dive sites and island-hopping boat trips to enjoy beneath the Egyptian sun.
- Fancy a round or two of golf? Two 18-hole championship golf courses feature lakes and landscaped grounds framed by mountain and ocean vistas.
- You’re surrounded by lagoons and waterways lined with beaches in El Gouna. Simply laze on the private stretch of sand at your resort. Alternatively, make the rounds of glamorous beach clubs with food service straight to your sunbed.
- From traditional dinners with Bedouin guides to belly dancing shows and desert monasteries, soak up Egyptian culture as you explore El Gouna and surrounds.
Outdoor adventures in El Gouna
No matter what you love to do in the great outdoors, El Gouna holidays deliver the thrills on a backdrop of natural wonders.
- If you love cycling, El Gouna is an ideal destination to explore on two wheels. Hire a bike to get around or join a guided tour to discover the resort’s top attractions.
- Roll down sand dunes and go quad biking through incredible canyons on excursions to Egypt’s Eastern Desert.
- Numerous dive schools ensure you get your dive certificate to discover the underwater magic of the Red Sea. Snorkellers can step straight from the sand to explore house reefs teeming with colourful fish.
- Shallow lagoons and great wind conditions make El Gouna a global hotspot for kite and windsurfing. If you’re a beginner, head to a variety of water sports centres for lessons.
- Pack your comfy boots and your stamina to hike the ancient trails of the Red Sea Mountains. You’ll see dramatic mountainscapes and learn about local Bedouin tribes.
El Gouna weather
Your El Gouna questions answered
Long, sunny days and warm temperatures characterise the weather in El Gouna all year. For near perfect temperatures of 25-30°C, book package holiday deals between April and June or from September to November. If it’s winter sun you’re after, daytime temperatures rarely fall below 20°C.
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes
Prices last checked at 03:51 13 April 2021