EGP: Egyptian pound
Egypt Holidays 2020
From the Valley of the Kings to the Great Sphinx of Giza, Egypt holidays entice the intrepid explorer in you. Get set to step into a world of iconic monuments, entrancing landscapes and extraordinary history.
Once home to one of the greatest and oldest civilisations on earth, ancient Egypt grasps the imagination. Secrets of the past continually unravel with archaeological finds to add to the rich landscape of preserved art and monuments. Speaking of landscapes, prepare for vast desserts, dreamy beaches and mystical rivers to take your breath away.
Unique experiences abound
With dry, hot summers and sunny winter days, it’s always a good time for adventure on Egypt holidays. Dive with hundreds of fish species in the Red Sea and trek the Sinai Trail. Explore undulating desert dunes on a camel ride and paddle a kayak down the Nile. From family-friendly activities to romantic escapes and cheap holidays, Egypt has it all.
Egypt at a glance
Must-visit historical sites
The Great Pyramids, the Great Sphinx and the Valley of the Kings
Amazing all inclusive resorts
Take it easy with all inclusive
Discover the best beaches
Clear, warm waters and sandy shores
Perfect for watersports
Scuba diving and snorkelling are both popular activities
Rest & relaxation
Hot sunny weather and beaches top the list
Explore the city
Head to Cairo for bustling markets and local food
Join the millions of customers finding better value holidays
Search your way
Enter as much or as little information as you’d like. You don’t have to know where or when you’re going to see our best prices
Compare deals quickly
We search through 1000s of flight and hotel combinations to bring you the best offers within seconds
Instantly see prices for each day
Save money by quickly finding the cheapest days to travel
Things to do in Egypt
Egypt's best beachside resorts
With beaches that stretch across the Mediterranean and the Red Sea, you’ll find plenty of stunning destinations for your next beach holiday.
- Sharm El Sheikh is a purpose-built resort for easy, all-inclusive holidays. The stunning beach at Ras Um Sid offers crystal-clear water for fantastic snorkelling.
- Once a sleepy fishing village, Dahab now offers a relaxing beach break close to the world-class diving sites of the Red Sea. The most spectacular beach is Abu Galum, located inside the protected area of Ras Abu Galum.
- Agiba Beach is framed by scenic cliffs on a backdrop of dazzling, turquoise water. The nearby city of Marsa Matrouh is also home to Cleopatra’s Beach, where it’s believed the queen herself swam.
- Close to the coastal town of Marsa Alam, Al Nayzak Beach features a unique rock pool that the locals call the ‘Shooting Star’. It’s believed to have been formed by a meteor.
- Hurghada transformed from a small fishing village into one of the county’s most popular seaside resorts. Luxurious hotels feature stretches of golden sand with sunbeds, water sports and restaurants.
- Looking for a slice of luxury? Soma Bay’s glistening shores are flanked by five-star resorts, a golf course and exquisite spas.
Sightseeing in Egypt
Historic wonders are a given in Egypt. However, there’s a whole world of things to do, with plenty of surprises along the way.
- The Great Pyramids of Giza are among the world’s most famous landmarks. After discovering the Great Pyramid of Khufu, the Pyramid of Khafre and the Pyramid of Menkaure, venture into the surrounding desert to see temple ruins and tombs.
- Among the world’s largest sculptures is the Great Sphinx of Giza. According to the most common theory, it was built for Pharaoh Khafre around 2600 BC.
- Located on the West Bank of the Nile, the Valley of the Kings is a resting ground for Egypt’s ancient kings. More than 60 intricately decorated tombs lie beneath the arid valley.
- Dating back to 1392 BC, the massive Luxor Temple is located in the modern town of the same name. It’s one of the globe's largest outdoor museums.
- The Museum of Egyptian Antiquities holds an astounding collection of ancient artefacts. You’ll see Tutankhamun treasures, mummies, jewellery and so much more.
- Karnak was the key place of worship during the New Kingdom. Explore the incredible complex of obelisks, sanctuaries and kiosks, along with the famous Temple of Amun.
- The Great Temple of Ramses II and the Temple of Hathor complete the extraordinary Abu Simbel Temple Complex. They were famously saved from floodwaters via an engineering feat in the 1960s.
- Opened by a British charity in the year 2000, the ACE Centre offers free treatment for the country’s working animals. You can tour the hospital and the stables to meet the residents.
- One of the five wives of Ramses II, Nefertari was known as his favourite and the most beautiful. Her tomb, in the Valley of the Queens, is a fitting display of lavish adornment.
- UNESCO-listed St Catherine’s Monastery was founded in around 330 AD and now contains a museum. It was built beside what was thought to be the burning bush where God spoke to Moses.
What our local experts say
5 Luxury places on a budget
Love luxury but think you don’t have the budget? Well, loveholidays is here to change your mind! These fabulous destinations offer holiday-makers all the luxury trimmings from infinity pools to exclusive charm – all without breaking the bank. So, if you want luxe for less, check out this list of ...Continue reading
When to visit Egypt
Egypt holidays are very popular when it comes to choosing a destination that has fantastic weather and plenty of fun activities in store. Well-known for its under water activities and excursions like snorkelling and diving, Egypt is a great destination for thrill-seekers. In addition to this, sightseeing is a major ...
Most popular hotels in Egypt
Your Egypt questions answered
You can fly direct to Egypt from the UK with airlines including British Airways, easyJet and EgyptAir. The flight takes around five hours, depending on your departure airport.
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes