HRK: Croatian kuna
Dubrovnik weekends & short breaks 2020
Boasting a stunning coastline and turquoise blue ocean waters, it doesn't get much better than cheap holidays to Dubrovnik. Known as the pearl of the Adriatic, Dubrovnik is a beautiful Croatian city situated on the Mediterranean coast. The city features the historic old town, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and the city’s walls are caressed by the azure blue waters of the Adriatic Sea. The perfect city break destination!
With untouched bays, rugged islets and deserted coves, this Croatian city blends with the beautiful countryside of dense forests, steep cliff faces and traditional towns and seaside villages. Whether you want to soak up the sun and laze on the beach, dive into the ocean with some water sports, or feast on some local delights in a beachfront eatery, Dubrovnik holidays always deliver.
Away from the beach, there are lots of cultural and historical delights to discover within the spectacular walled city of Dubrovnik. Ancient palaces, medieval houses and historic churches meet with modern hotels, chic boutiques, stylish bars and bustling restaurants. Plus, the beaches and islands of the Dubrovnik Riviera are right on your doorstep.
Why book Dubrovnik holidays
Explore the city
Dubrovnik is known for its beautiful Old Town, guarded by huge stone walls
Top city attractions
Home to the Game of Thrones' fantasy city of King's Landing, you can enjoy walking tours of your favourite show's set
Fine dining scene
Taste traditional Croatian cuisine and some of Dubrovnik's top Michelin-star restaurants
Cultural hotspot not to miss
The Venetian-Gothic style Rector's Castle is well-worth a visit
Discover the best beaches
Fall in love with the local beaches, or take a trip to the island of Lokrum
Explore the local markets
Browse the Old Town's market and pick up a souvenir or two
Join the millions of customers finding better value holidays
Search your way
Enter as much or as little information as you’d like. You don’t have to know where or when you’re going to see our best prices
Compare deals quickly
We search through 1000s of flight and hotel combinations to bring you the best offers within seconds
Instantly see prices for each day
Save money by quickly finding the cheapest days to travel
Your guide to Dubrovnik holidays
Places to see in Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik city breaks are wonderful for those looking for true peace and relaxation. Discover what the small town has to offer and so much more.
- Srd - The best way to see Dubrovnik is to ride the modern cable car up to the top of Srd Hill for outstanding panoramic views of the Old City and the deep blue Adriatic Sea, dotted with picturesque islands.
- Lokrum - This island in the Adriatic Sea is well worth a visit. Perfect for kayaking and some beach time.
- Walls of Dubrovnik - Walk along the historical walls that surround this city for scenic views.
- Fort Imperial - Once you reach the top of the old town, visit the museum in Fort Imperial to discover more of the city’s past.
- Lopud Island - Fifteen minutes from the old town port is Lopud Island, which can be reached by boat. Take a day trip here to experience the secluded swimming and sunbathing spots. Discover the island by foot along paths that lead to a botanical garden and the ruins of an old Benedictine monastery.
Dubrovnik's historical and cultural sights
Dubrovnik weekend breaks has so much to offer its visitors, especially when it comes to its culture and history.
- Old Town - Dubrovnik’s historic old town has been named a UNESCO World Heritage Site, thanks to its Renaissance architecture which is evident from the St Saviour Church.
- Franciscan Church and Monastery - Home to one of the oldest pharmacies in Europe is a this church and museum is well worth a visit.
- Rector's Palace - This grand palace has Gothic, Renaissance and Baroque influences in its architecture and is now the history department to the museum of Dubrovnik.
- Dubrovnik Symphony Orchestra - In the quieter months there are regular concerts by Dubrovnik Symphony Orchestra which are held in various venues in the Old Town. There are also weekly theatre plays, performed by Dubrovnik Theatre, they are played weekly in the theatre’s own venue.
- Museum of Modern Art - If art is your thing, then pay a visit to this museum to experience one of the popular contemporary art shows.
What our local experts say
The cheapest city break destinations for a last minute holiday
A city break is a fantastic way for getting your holiday fix when you’re short of time or just feel like getting away from the daily grind for a few days. And thanks to our great last minute city break deals at loveholidays, a short break doesn’t have ...
Last minute escapes for under £500pp
Summer’s just around the corner! If you’re dreaming of the perfect summer holiday, but don’t want to break the bank, then check out these fantastic holiday destinations. You can have it all – perfect beaches, crystal clear seas, picture-postcard towns and masses of sunshine – for less than £500 ...
Most popular Dubrovnik hotels
- Dubrovnik Riviera
Your Dubrovnik questions answered
May is a pleasant time of year to holiday in Dubrovnik. Temperatures will be warm, but not too hot - perfect for seeing all the sights. Plus, the crowds will be few and far between.
All hotels in Dubrovnik
5 Star Hotels in Dubrovnik
4 Star Hotels in Dubrovnik
3 Star Hotels in Dubrovnik
2 Star Hotels in Dubrovnik
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes