TRY: Turkish lira
Dalyan holidays 2021
A charming, riverside town with big-name attractions, Dalyan is a nature lover’s dream. Kick back and relax amid scenic waterways, pristine beaches and atmospheric ancient ruins.
Dalyan holidays are ideally located between the popular resorts of Marmaris and Fethiye. This laid-back town was once a small farming community on the doorstep of lush forests, lakes and picturesque canals drifting towards the sea. The stunning nature scenes and relaxed vibes remain at this enchanting holiday resort that’s home to the ancient ruins of Kaunos.
Exciting activities in nature
If you’re a keen outdoor explorer, you’ll love holidays to Dalyan. Take boat rides along the Dalyan River and cycle through the countryside. Underwater caves await scuba divers and nearby beaches deliver thrilling water sports. For hikers, trails weave through mountainous forests with panoramic views. Enjoy long, warm summers and mild winters in this year-round holiday destination.
Why book Dalyan holidays
Rest & relaxation
Dalyan is a beautiful riverside village, perfect to relax and unwind
Sample the local food
Tasty Turkish food at local restaurants on the waterfront? Yes, please!
Hit the nightlife & bar scene
Walk down Maras Caddesi for a range of laid-back bars, lively nightclubs and family-friendly places
Discover the best beaches
Travel to Iztutu Beach, just 30 minutes away, for a chance to spot Loggerhead sea turtles
Explore the local markets
Get your haggle on at the Saturday market where you'll find leather goods, Turkish delight & more!
Must-visit historical sites
Take a boat ride across the river to see the tombs of ancient Kaunos
Join the millions of customers finding better value holidays
Search your way
Enter as much or as little information as you’d like. You don’t have to know where or when you’re going to see our best prices
Compare deals quickly
We search through 1000s of flight and hotel combinations to bring you the best offers within seconds
Instantly see prices for each day
Save money by quickly finding the cheapest days to travel
Your guide to Dalyan holidays
Top 5 things to do in Dalyan
Dalyan holidays offer family-friendly fun, thrilling attractions and romance on backdrops of remarkable natural beauty.
- The ancient Dalyan Rock Tombs are the town’s most famous attraction. Majestically carved into the cliffs above the Dalyan River, they’re part of the Ancient City of Kaunos and house the burial chambers of Lycian kings.
- Want to look 10 years younger? Take your chances in the sulphur-rich Dalyan mud baths. Located on Koycegiz Lake’s shoreline, the bubbling hot springs are believed to rejuvenate the skin. Plus, the layers of mud make for memorable photos.
- Relaxing river boat trips are at the top of the agenda on Dalyan holidays. Wind through the serene canals of the Dalyan River on a backdrop of soaring cliffs and ancient ruins.
- Visit the Sea Turtle Research, Rescue and Rehabilitation Centre at Iztuzu Beach. The wildlife reserve takes care of green and loggerhead turtles.
- You’re spoilt for choice with easy day trips from Dalyan. Visit the stunning beaches of Olu Deniz, enjoy the restaurants of Marmaris Harbour and discover Fethiye’s ancient sites.
Historic and cultural attractions in Dalyan
A holiday to Dalyan puts you in the heart of some of Turkey’s most fascinating historic landmarks.
- Along with the Lycian King Tombs, discover the incredible remnants of Kaunos Ancient City. You’ll see the Hellenistic ancient theatre, the Domed Church and the Roman Bath.
- Explore the walls and ramparts of Marmaris Castle, which feature panoramic views over the marina. The museum highlights tombstones and statues from the site.
- Perched high on a hill overlooking orchids and meadows, the ruins of Tlos date back to 2000 BC. In Lycian times, Tlos was a significant religious centre. Climb the winding pathway to remnants of the stadium and acropolis.
- Take a day trip to Fethiye Old Town, known as Paspatur. Within the bazaar and narrow alleys, pick up Turkish souvenirs like teas and carpets.
- The Ancient Ruins of Telmessos are among Turkey’s most impressive. Surviving remnants include a magnificent 6,000 seat theatre and rock-cut tombs.
Most popular Dalyan hotels
Your Dalyan questions answered
Top Dalyan hotels
4 Star Hotels
3 Star Hotels
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes
Prices last checked at 14:30 20 January 2021