TRY: Turkish lira
Delightful Dalaman holidays 2021
Home to ancient cities, lush nature reserves and fairytale blue lagoons, holidays in Dalaman put the best of Turkey in the palm of your hand.
Dalaman isn’t just a town on Turkey’s southwestern coast, it’s a region that encompasses some of the country’s most enchanting landscapes. Aptly nicknamed the ‘Turquoise Coast’, bright blue waters lap against a shoreline studded with ancient architecture, vibrant Turkish culture and exceptional natural beauty. Only in Dalaman can you go from glimpsing loggerhead turtles in the morning to exploring Lycian tombs in the afternoon!
Majestic mountains in Dalaman
For thrill seekers, nothing beats a breathtaking paraglide from the top of Babadağ Mountain. Not keen on heights? Hop on a jeep safari to explore the picturesque villages of nearby Golgeli Mountains instead. Or don your boots and trek the best bits of the Lycian Way. Sandwiched between the deep blue ocean and dramatic mountain ranges, the trail is wild and wonderful in equal measure.
Book with confidence
Why book Dalaman holidays
Discover the best beaches
Home to Blue Flag beaches and Olu Deniz' famous Blue Lagoon
Perfect for watersports
Explore the Turquoise Coast with all the thrills
Must-visit historical sites
Go back in time with a trip to Ephesus
Hit the nightlife & bar scene
The drinks are always flowing in Marmaris
Lush natural wonders
Pine forests make Dalaman's surroundings tranquil and stunning
Rest & relaxation
Enjoy a traditional Turkish bath and hammam
Top resorts in Dalaman
The Mediterranean meets the Aegean Sea in the holiday paradise of Marmaris. From island-hopping to hiking and glittering nights out, …From £105 per person
The famous Blue Lagoon of Olu Deniz is a supermodel among beaches. This sun-drenched Turkish resort rests on a backdrop …From £134 per person
Framed by mountains, lush pine forests and beautiful beaches, Icmeler holidays put you in the heart of nature. Family-friendly attractions …From £108 per person
Turquoise Coast beaches, thrill-seeking activities and historic attractions await in Fethiye. Pack your beach gear and your sense of adventure …From £131 per person
Turkish charm blends with mountain views and a buzzing atmosphere on Hisaronu holidays. The tourist-friendly village puts you in the …From £130 per person
A charming, riverside town with big-name attractions, Dalyan is a nature lover’s dream. Kick back and relax amid scenic waterways, …From £143 per person
Most popular Dalaman hotels
Your guide to Dalaman holidays
Top 5 things to do in Dalaman
Whether you’re a nature lover, history buff or culture vulture, delightful Dalaman holidays promise it all.
- The radiant waters and pine-clad cliffs of Ölüdeniz's Blue Lagoon are paradise on earth. Framed by dense National Park on three sides, the sheltered swim-spot is famed for its beauty.
- Legends abound on the uninhabited Yassica Islands. These five tropical hideaways boast Byzantine ruins and sunken bridges. Grab your goggles and swim through history.
- From tranquil springs to tumbling rapids, Dalaman’s waterways overflow with joy. Adventurous spirit? Splash down ravines and over waterfalls on a Dalaman River rafting excursion.
- You could spend all week among the archaeological ruins and unspoilt beaches of Marmaris National Park and still only have scratched the surface. Pack a picnic and get lost for the day.
- If you’re looking for picture-perfect views, it’s hard to top the bijou fishing village of Selimiye. Boutique hotels look over an idyllic harbour-front bursting with seafood restaurants.
Historical sites in Dalaman
Forged by Roman, Arabic and Byzantine empires, holidays in Dalaman offer an unrivalled insight into the ancient world.
- Perched on a hilltop near Fethiye, Tlos is a fortified city steeped in Lycian history. Wander among the crumbling castles, Roman stadiums and ongoing excavations of this once sprawling metropolis.
- The ancient city of Kaunos, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, features ornate temple tombs carved deep into the cliffs. It’s an incredible sight, but don’t forget to visit the impressive Roman baths too.
- Admire the intricate grandeur of the Lycian Rock Tombs, sculpted right into the mountainside above Fethiye. It requires an uphill climb, but it’s the views that really leave you breathless.
- Over many years, the mineral-rich waters of Pamukkale have created a dazzling series of calcified water terraces. Set in the ancient spa city of Hierapolis, it’s still possible to bathe in the warm waters today.
- It may be deserted, but whispers can still be heard around Kayaköy ghost town. Abandoned during the Greco-Turkish War, hundreds of stone houses, shops and churches stand in memory of what once was.
What our local experts say
Best beaches in Turkey
Turkey is one of our favourite destinations for lashings of sun, sea and sand, served up with a liberal sprinkling of ancient sites, historic towns, natural springs and gorgeous landscapes. Whether you’re looking to party or prefer to chill, travelling with the kids, a group of friends, or your ...Continue reading
Why love Dalaman?
You are now staying in Dalaman, you have obviously gone straight to the beach hoping to work on your tan all day long while lounging around on those powdery white sands. What’s next? You are lucky because Dalaman is one of the top paragliding destinations in the whole world ...
Your Dalaman questions answered
Book your beach holiday to Dalaman between May and October, when the weather is pleasantly warm. The hottest temperatures are in July and August, although the winter months remain comfortably mild
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes
Prices last checked at 19:18 5 March 2021