Iberostar Laguna Azul
- 40Km from Varadero (VRA) Airport
- 17Km to town centre
- Low Deposit Options Available
- Interest FREE Payment Plans
Occupying a peaceful location on the world famous Varadero beach, the Iberostar Laguna Azul is the perfect choice for both families and couples seeking a relaxing holiday in the ... Continue reading
Occupying a peaceful location on the world famous Varadero beach, the Iberostar Laguna Azul is the perfect choice for both families and couples seeking a relaxing holiday in the beautiful Caribbean. Situated less than 11 miles from Varadero city centre and 25 miles from the international airport, the Iberostar Laguna Azul presents itself as an ideal base for exploring some of the local attractions. You could head to Zapata Peninsula, the largest wetland reserve in the Caribbean or even the city of Matanzas, nicknamed the "Athens of Cuba'! Here you'll find celebrated European poets and writers who lived there during the mid-19th century.
Varadero itself is also well worth a visit, with a great range of bars, restaurants and shops to choose from. There's also plenty of opportunity to soak up some of the local culture, with places of interest including everything from museums, art galleries and even shrimp fisheries around the Canal de Paso Malo.
The hotel itself has a little something for everyone. If you're looking for the ultimate in relaxation a visit to the hotel's full service spa is an absolute must, with its sauna, Jacuzzi, gym and beauty salon to choose from. Here you can enjoy a relaxing massage before taking a dip in the pool or perhaps enjoying a cool refreshing drink to prepare for the night ahead at one of the hotel's many bars and restaurants.
Dining here is a complete culinary experience with 15 distinct establishments serving an array of cuisine from across the globe! There's also a fun pub and nightly entertainment, making it the perfect choice for couples and families alike. For added guest convenience, the hotel offers a currency exchange service, internet access and kids' club (for guests aged between 4 and 12 years).
Love VCuba? Why not take a look at some of the other fantastic hotels on offer at loveholidays.com to help you plan your perfect break including the [IBEROSTAR Tainos] https://www.loveholidays.com/holidays/cuba/varadero/iberostar-tainos.html) or Roc Arenas Doradas.
- 4 outdoor swimming pools of various design
- Sun terraces with loungers
- Parasols & towels
- Spa includes Jacuzzi
- Massages & beauty treatments
- Medical service
- Relaxation zone
- Aerobic area
- Fitness room, etc
- Sports activities include billiards
- Table tennis
- Beach volleyball
- Paddle tennis
- Open-sea diving
- Bicycle hire and water polo
- Plus external chargeable activities include open-sea diving
- Horse riding
- Bowling and an 18-hole golf course
- Four swimming pools Sun terrace with sunloungers and parasols Main buffet restaurant Japanese, Italian, Creole and gourmet à la carte restaurants Beach restaurant Two pool bars, serving snacks Nine bars, including lobby bar Fun pub Beauty treatments Internet access Money exchange facilities* For children: Hotel-run kids' club (4-12yrs); two kids' pools; mini-entertainment show; games room
- 2 outdoor pools
- Mini Club (10am-1pm to 3pm-5pm) for 4-12 years includes shows
- Mini disco
- Supervised activities
- Specific play area
- Special menus
- Highchairs, and evening childcare service (subject to availability & extra charge)
Main restaurant offers buffet-style dining, themed restaurants include Japanese, Cuban, Italian & Gourmet, Beach restaurant & snack grill, several snack bars, and 9 bars of varying themes; theatre, discotheque; and daytime & evening entertainment programme including live shows in the theatre, and music in the disco, etc.
- Breakfast; Lunch, Buffet; Continental, Beach Bar, Daily: 10:00 - 16:00.
- Snacks, Beach Bar, Daily: 10:00 - 16:00.
- Dinner, A la Carte; Reservations Required, Restaurant (Beach Restaurant La Insular), Daily: 18:30 - 21:30.
- Dinner, A la Carte; Japanese; Reservations Required, Restaurant (Restaurant Massager), Daily: 18:30 - 21:30.
- Dinner, A la Carte; Italian; Reservations Required, Restaurant (Restaurant Los Marmoles), Daily: 18:30 - 21:30.
- Dinner, A la Carte; Reservations Required, Restaurant (Restaurant Casa Lasa - Gourmet), Daily: 18:30 - 21:30.
- Lunch, Buffet, Main Restaurant (Argenta), Daily: 13:00 - 15:00.
- Dinner, Buffet, Main Restaurant (Argenta), Daily: 18:30 - 22:00.
- Ice Cream, Snack Bar (Ice cream Saloon), Daily: 10:00 - 17:00.
- Snacks, Bar (Snack Bar East), Daily: 10:00 - 17:00.
- Snacks, Bar (Snack bar West), Daily: 10:00 - 17:00.
- Midnight snacks, A la Carte, Restaurant (Beach Restaurant La Insular), Daily: 23:00 - 05:00.
- Early Breakfast, Continental; A la Carte, Restaurant (Beach Restaurant La Insular), Daily: 05:00 - 07:00.
- Locally produced Alcohol; Locally produced non Alcohol; Premium brands; International, Lobby Bar (Serrano), Daily: 09:00 - 01:00.
- Locally produced Alcohol; Locally produced non Alcohol; Premium brands; International, Bar (Cigar Bar Robusto), Daily: 18:00 - 01:00.
- Locally produced Alcohol; Locally produced non Alcohol; Premium brands; International, Beach Bar (La Ronda), Daily: 10:00 - 18:00.
- Locally produced Alcohol; Locally produced non Alcohol; Premium brands; International, Beach Bar, Daily: 10:00 - 17:00.
- Locally produced Alcohol; Locally produced non Alcohol; Premium brands; International, Disco (Fausto), Daily: 23:00 - 02:00.
- Locally produced Alcohol; Locally produced non Alcohol; Premium brands; International, Bar (Theatre Bar Lutgardita), Daily: 19:00 - 23:00.
- Locally produced Alcohol; Locally produced non Alcohol; Premium brands; International, Snack Bar (Ice cream Saloon), Daily: 10:00 - 17:00.
- Locally produced Alcohol; Locally produced non Alcohol; Premium brands; International, Snack Bar (Snack Bar East), Daily: 10:00 - 17:00.
- Locally produced Alcohol; Locally produced non Alcohol; Premium brands; International, Snack Bar (Snack Bar West), Daily: 10:00 - 17:00.
- Tennis; Volleyball; Table Tennis; Watersports (non-motorised); Entertainment; Live entertainment; Animation; Darts; Billiards; Mini Club; Aerobics; Aqua-Aerobics; Jacuzzi; Dance lessons; Sauna; Fitness Centre.
Rooms (up to 3 adults or 2 adults and 1 child) have 1 king-size bed or twin beds, air conditioning, satellite TV, tea/coffee making facilities (on request), iron, hairdryer, full bathroom and balcony or terrace.
Also available are rooms for sole use, and Suites with king-size bed and separate living area.
La Habana 150 km Capital of Cuba with historic colonial city center national museum promenade Capitol harbour and great cultural offers of art galleries concerts and nightlife.
Rates are exclusive to European Union passport holders only and bookings made by customers from United States of America will be not accepted .
24 hour Reception Services, housekeeping, currency exchange, messaging service, internet corner & internet access, medical service, tourism bureau, car/motorbike rental, copy/fax/phone service, range of shops & cigar shop, wedding service package, and access for guests with reduced mobility.
To make booking a holiday at Iberostar Laguna Azul in Varadero easier for you, we provide a range of different payment options. To find out if you can book Iberostar Laguna Azul with a low deposit holiday option, please click the "Price and Availability" button above.
Cuba's premier holiday beach resort and tourist Mecca, Varadero is situated on a spit of land that reaches out into the Atlantic, a two-hour drive to the east of Havana. Varadero is internationally known for its transparent waters and beautiful setting, and is the largest resort complex in the Caribbean, with more than 50 hotels. Growing numbers of sun-seeking European, Canadian and American holidaymakers flock to Veradero for the warm aquamarine waters, sun and fun that are afforded by all-inclusive packages. There are 23 world-renowned dive spots along this 13-mile (about 21km) stretch of beach, not to mention numerous restaurants, cabaret spots, nightclubs, water and land sport opportunities, a skydiving centre, golf courses, and much more.
There are over 30 dive sites around the holiday destination of Varadero and dive centres offering dive courses. Deep sea fishing, windsurfing, parasailing, kayaking and sailing are all offered. Land-based activities include golf, skydiving and bowling.
Most tourists take advantage of the all-inclusive tourist packages offered by the hotel complexes where food is served buffet-style, and many of these hotels offer their buffets to non-guests as well. Outside of the resorts there are various options. Private restaurants (paladares) in people's houses are not allowed in Valadero and all restaurants are government-owned. In Varadero town there is everything from market food stalls and fast food outlets to sit-down restaurants.
There are many bars in Varadero offering live music, cabaret shows are popular, and dance clubs and discos in the town cater to Cubans and holidaymakers alike. The hotels have nightly entertainment, with lots of Cuban music, dancing and cocktails on offer.
Varadero's largest shopping complex is Plaza America where fancy boutiques and all manner of shops cater to American-style consumerism - holidaymakers looking for a spending spree will not be disappointed. There are a number of artisan markets that sell a wide variety of souvenirs along Avenue 1. For cigars the Casa del Habano sells excellent quality cigars.
This is not the real Cuba, but an attempt to gain hard currency by selling the very beautiful white sand beaches in a controlled tourist environment. The resort is largely exclusive and Cubans are generally not allowed to stay in the hotels. Many visitors do not stray far from their package tour hotels, and miss out on many opportunities to explore the town.
Plug TypeVoltage 115V 60Hz
This week's weather forecast
Hotel address : None, Varadero, Cuba, 42200
Please wait while we load the map for Iberostar Laguna Azul
Questions and Answers about Iberostar Laguna Azul
If you can’t find what you’re looking for or if you have a question about this specific hotel, please get in touch via the Add a Question button below. Our knowledgeable team will aim to respond to your question within 72 hours. In the meantime, previously asked questions can be found below and answers to some of the most commonly asked questions can be found on our FAQs page.