Crete Holidays 2020
Crete is the largest and most southerly Greek Islands, which means sun, sea and sand on a bigger scale. Crete experiences a typical Mediterranean climate, with warm summers and cooler winters.
What type of holiday does Crete offer?
Brimming with majestic mountains, gorges to hike, plains to see and curving coastline to drive – there’s a plethora of things to do in Crete.
That’s without mentioning over 5,000 years of history, culture, and delicious mezzes on hand that make a holiday in Crete unique.
Visit Aghios Nikolaos, which lies east of Heraklion or popular Gouves. Or why not try Rethymnon? Located between Heraklion and Chania, it offers a mega 12km of beach, a beautiful old town and lots of history.
Crete is great for:
- All inclusive holidays - Crete offers some stunning five star resorts that are ideal for a cheap couple’s holiday. Mitsis Laguna Resort or Creta Maris Beach Resort are popular options.
- Cheap holidays - Looking for some good nightlife by the beach? Malia is a great option for a cheap beach holiday.
- Family holidays - Crete is great for cheap package holidays but is also very affordable island. If you’re planning on all inclusive, you won’t need much spending money at all, and meals out and alcohol are reasonably priced.
Crete at a glance
Discover the best beaches
Secluded bays, sandy shores and family-friendly beaches
Must-visit historical sites
Don't miss out on the Palace of Knossos
Sample the local food
Delectable cheese, succulent fish & some of the best olive oil you've ever tried
Cultural hotspot not to miss
Stroll past the Venetian buildings in Rethymno's Old Quarter
Try the local wine
Discover one of the oldest wine-producing areas in Europe
Popular with couples
Stroll down Agios Nikolaos' colourful harbour
Top resorts in Crete
If you’re looking for plenty of sun, beautiful beaches and thriving nightlife for your 2020 or 2020 holiday, jet off …from £110 pp
The coastal town of Malia is Greece’s party capital with thrilling nightlife and a big personality. Although Malia holidays have …from £103 pp
Take a step back in time to the fascinating, mythical world of ancient Greece with a 2020 holiday in Rethymnon. …from £123 pp
Anissaras is a beautiful, hilly cape located next to the big, buzzing resort of Hersonissos. It is dotted with lots …from £110 pp
Gouves is a small resort on the northern coast of Crete that offers sandy beaches, crystal clear seas and plenty …from £102 pp
For a relaxed beach holiday in 2020, look no further than Stalis on Crete. Stalis, otherwise known as Stalida, is …from £108 pp
Things to do in Crete
Things to do in Crete
Holidays in Crete allow you to marvel at the rich history the island has to offer. Enjoy the wealth of cultural and historical sites or go for a drive through one of the coastal Greek Island towns. Whether it’s Gouves with its bustling Kato Gouves beach; Stalis which is located between Malia and Herssonissos, Elounda with two Blue Flag beaches or Aghia Pelagia, there’ll be something to interest you.
Things to do in Rethymnon:
- Rimondi Fountain – Built in 1626, this Venetian fountain is complete with Corinthian details and intricacies.
- Fortezza of Rethymnon – Yet another Venetian inspired structure, this 16th-century fortress offers views from above, overlooking Rethymnon’s town and port.
- Museum of Contemporary Art of Crete – Housed in a Venetian building, this museum boasts artwork by Lefteris Kanakakis as well as other popular Greek artists.
Things to do in Chania & Hersonissos
Things to do in Chania:
- Old Venetian Harbour – This lively harbour is known for its pleasant views and delicious cafes and restaurants.
- Archaeological Museum of Chania – If you’re interested in historical artefacts, this is the place for you! Discover a range of Minoan and Roman treasures in this museum.
- Firka Fortress – This Venetian fortress houses a nautical museum and it also offers up stunning surrounding views of the nearby harbour.
Things to do in Hersonissos:
- Aquaworld Aquarium & Reptile Rescue Centre – Expect shows and exhibits from the popular marine life in the area, as well as activities with a range of reptiles including snakes.
- Labyrinth Park – The perfect spot for families, this park has everything from mini-golf to horseback riding.
- Dinosauria Park – All things dinosaur related can be found here! From huge dinosaur models to historical fossils and informative films.
What our local experts say
5 Luxury places on a budget
Love luxury but think you don’t have the budget? Well, loveholidays is here to change your mind! These fabulous destinations offer holiday-makers all the luxury trimmings from infinity pools to exclusive charm – all without breaking the bank. So, if you want luxe for less, check out this list of ...Continue reading
How to plan a romantic escape to Crete
The idea of a romantic getaway is exciting and might be just what you need for a break. You might be thinking about the palm lined beaches of the Caribbean or a historical city break in Rome. But what about something which combines the beaches with the history? What about ...Continue reading
Exploring foodie heaven in Crete
A trip to the Greek Islands doesn’t disappoint, especially when it comes to their cuisine and traditional dishes. The largest Greek Island – Crete – has so much to offer to those looking for foodie heaven. Cretan cuisine is big on freshness, colours and textures. From Greek Yoghurt and cheese to ...Continue reading
Most popular hotels in Crete
Your Crete questions answered
Crete is open for business between April - mid-October. But the best time to visit Crete is late spring to early summer as you’ll miss the crowds and still get lovely weather to enjoy.
Top Crete Holiday Destinations
Wondering where to go for a cheap holiday in Crete? Check out some of our top destinations:
- Adelianos Kampos
- Aghia Galini
- Aghia Marina
- Aghia Pelagia
- Aghii Apostoli
- Aghios Nikolaos
- Agia Marina
- Bali (Crete)
- Chania Town
- Kato Daratso
- Kokkini Hani
- Nea Kydonia
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes