Couples holidays and romantic getaways 2019
Nothing says romance like a couples holiday that gives you the opportunity to spend quality time together away from life’s hassles.
Enjoy the pleasure of your partner’s company in rejuvenating surroundings and make space for fun, relaxation and living in the moment.
Perhaps you're looking for a very special Valentine's Day getaway? Whatever it is, let loveholidays make finding your next getaway easy. Explore your options by best price, the ease that comes with all inclusive or the best location for long walks on the beach. As well as some top tips for some of our favourite destinations.
Expecting a new arrival to turn your couple into a three soon? Use our Babymoon Finder to find a great break
Cheap Couples Holidays
All Inclusive Couples Holidays
All inclusive getaways are the perfect way to fully immerse yourself in the moment. With all your meals, drinks and extras taken care of, it means you can concentrate on staring into each other’s eyes.
Couples Beach Holidays
Nothing is more exotic than a sunset stroll along a tropical beach with that special someone. So, if sun, sea and sand are what you need, look no further.
Most popular Couples hotels
BH Mallorca Hotel (Adults only)
Grande Real Santa Eulalia Resort
El Tope Hotel
Puerto de la Cruz, Tenerife
Nashira Resort Hotel & SPA
Jasmine Palace Resort
Hurghada, Red Sea
Mitsis Rodos Maris
Daios Cove Luxury Resort and Villas
Aghios Nikolaos, Crete
Best Balearic island for couples
The Balearic Islands are diverse with something to suit every pair.
Majorca, largest of the Balearic Islands, is a haven for a variety of options while spending quality time together. Things to see and do on Majorca include:
- 262 beaches, giving you plenty of options for secluded days on golden sand.
- The stunning Serra de Tramuntana mountain range is a gift for those who like to hike and explore nature.
- The more sedate can enjoy a charming picnic in one of Majorca’s stunning vineyards.
Menorca, as the quietest of the Balearics, is a superb escape for pairs who want peace and tranquillity. Things to see and do include:
- Enjoy inspiring historical sites and wonderful trails for scenic walks, cycles or horseback rides.
- Food in Menorca is particularly divine, especially the seafood, making it the ideal place to splash out on a fresh lobster dinner.
- Menorca is home to some stunning pink sand beaches that are rarely crowded.
If you’re the type to party the night away, then the clubbing capital of Ibiza is for you.
Treat yourselves to an all inclusive spa break in Playa d’en Bossa for all night partying and all day pampering. Ibiza is an island of two halves, you can balance relaxation and action with a cocktail in one hand and the sun tan lotion in the other.
Whatever you are looking for, the Balearic Islands offer the perfect setting for any pair of lovebirds.
Holidays in Portugal for couples
However, if you’re seeking rugged beaches, striking coastlines, and the rustic authenticity of Portugal’s rural culture, the Algarve is the way to go, with highlights including:
- Stroll among cork and olive groves, the Algarve region is famous for its olive oil and cork goods.
- Indulge in the prestigious local wines and fresh local foods, perfect for candlelit dinners on the beach or in local tavernas.
- Explore the secret coves, hidden lagoons, and wild natural parks with your other half. Begin your search in Albufeira, the region’s capital and most popular resort.
- A variety of water sports and inland safari tours.
- More serene types can simply bathe on stunning beaches, many like Praia da Rocha re complete with secretive sea caves.
Best Canary island for couples
- Costa Adeje, known for its chic atmosphere.
- The capital Santa Cruz is a bustling cosmopolitan city with stunning historical architecture and also boasts the pristine white sands of Playa de Las Teresitas beach.
- If it is nightlife you are searching for then head for Playa de las Américas. This part of the island is teeming with enough bustling night spots to take you from early evening through to early morning.
- Whether you hike or take a mountain car, visiting the peak of Mount Teide is a must. As Spain’s highest summit, the volcanic mount lies at the heart of Teide national park and makes for an exhilarating viewpoint.
Lanzarote is another great grownup travel option. Virtually a work of art, its architecture and attractions are largely the work of artist César Manrique, offering a unique blend of nature and design.
Things to see and do in Lanzarote include:
- Costa Teguise is great for all inclusive beach breaks and is just 15 minutes from the cosmopolitan capital Arrecife, the ideal spot for top shopping and fine dining.
- Hire a car and explore Lanzarote’s lunar landscape.
- Wander through the unique César Manrique cactus garden in Guatiza.
- Enjoy dinner in the enchanting volcanic cave of Jameos del Agua and take a salacious dip in the La Charca de La Larca lagoon.
You’ll be simply spoiled for choice in the Canaries.
Best resorts in Jamaica for couples
For a special break that really makes a statement, the exotic paradise of Jamaica hits the jackpot. Whether you want to dance till dawn or lose yourselves in natural splendour, the resorts in Jamaica are the perfect place to show your loved one exactly how you feel.
If you're looking to spend quality time together while the sun is up, Jamaica is up to the task, with highlights including:
- Long strolls up Seven Mile Beach in Negril, before a dip in the secluded lagoons and snorkelling among the vibrant tropical reefs.
- Treat your other half to a shopping trip in the quaint Negril bay markets.
- Splash out on an intimate dinner in the scenic Montego Bay.
“Is this love?” we hear you ask, we’re sure some time in Jamaica will leave you in no doubt. When it’s time to turn the lights down low, Jamaica’s phenomenal array of boutique, luxury and all inclusive hotels offer an unrivalled setting for an enchanting getaway.