A relaxed vibe and myriad of beautiful beaches make Costa Teguise holidays perfect for some winter sun. The resort is also the ideal jumping off point for day trips to top Lanzarote attractions.
Once a sleepy fishing village, Costa Teguise is now one of the most popular destinations for a getaway in the Canary Islands. Four golden sand beaches provide ample space for basking in the sun, while its attractive streets are lined with colourful restaurants and boutique shops. Close by, you’ll discover dramatic volcano parks, fun-filled aqua parks and amazing landmarks designed by a local Lanzarote treasure.
History around Costa Teguise
Costa Teguise holidays give you easy access to some of Lanzarote’s top heritage sites. Historic Teguise sits just inland and is packed with charming white-washed houses and cobblestone plazas. Alternatively, head to the capital, Arrecife, to tour the 16th century Castillo de San Gabriel.
Why book Costa Teguise holidays
Discover the best beaches
We love Playa del Jablillo, Playa Bastian and Playa Ancla
Perfect for watersports
Playa Cucharas is ideal for windsurfing
Explore the local markets
Head to Teguise Market for local lacework, hand-crafted leather & more
Costa Teguise is home to the only golf course in Lanzarote
Take the kids to Costa Teguise Aquapark & The Star Bar for dinner
Hit the nightlife & bar scene
Sunset cocktails at The Beach Bar over Playa Cuchara
Join the millions of customers finding better value holidays
Search your way
Enter as much or as little information as you’d like. You don’t have to know where or when you’re going to see our best prices
Compare deals quickly
We search through 1000s of flight and hotel combinations to bring you the best offers within seconds
Instantly see prices for each day
Save money by quickly finding the cheapest days to travel
Your guide to Costa Teguise holidays
Top 5 things to do in Costa Teguise
Whether you want to explore the resort’s stunning coastline or venture to attractions further afield, package holidays to Costa Teguise are far from boring.
- Lanzarote is the birthplace of one of the Canary Islands' most famous artists – the late Cesar Manrique. Among his many masterpieces is the Jardin de Cactus, a gorgeous botanical garden bursting with cacti just north of Costa Teguise.
- With the Atlantic Ocean on your doorstep, why not enjoy some water sports on Costa Teguise breaks? There are two great surfing beaches in the town, plus several diving centres.
- For a trip back in time, drive 15 minutes inland to Teguise. The picture-perfect town was once the capital of Lanzarote and now hosts the biggest weekend market on the island.
- A must-see in Costa Teguise is Lanzarote’s world-famous Timanfaya National Park. It takes up a quarter of the island and features active volcanoes and lava fields.
- If you’re keen to fit in a round of golf on your all-inclusive Costa Teguise holiday, you’re in luck! The resort is home to Lanzarote’s only green - Costa Teguise Golf Club.
Art in Costa Teguise
Lanzarote is definitely the most creative island in the Canaries! Discover art museums and quirky landmarks within easy reach of Costa Teguise.
- Tachiche sits less than 10 minutes’ drive away and is the location of the Cesar Manrique Foundation. Set inside an old lava flow, it’s the artist’s former home which now hosts a gallery featuring some of his best pieces.
- Keen to pick up some arty souvenirs? Go to the Friday night Pueblo Marinero craft market. Located a few streets back from the sea in Costa Teguise, its vendors sell all sorts of handmade items.
- Lodged inside a resorted 18th century fort in Arrecife, the International Museum of Contemporary Art is well-worth a visit. Inside you’ll find a fascinating selection of paintings and sculptures, plus a great cafe overlooking the harbour.
- Lanzarote Art Gallery is a great place to browse work by local artists on your Costa Teguise break. You’ll find it on Avenue da Islas Canarias and it consistently hosts brilliant exhibitions.
- Another must-see Cesar Manrique attraction is Museo Lagomar. Situated just outside Teguise, the entire building is set in lava caves and constructed with wood salvaged from local shipwrecks.
What our local experts say
Our top picks for a trip to Costa Teguise
Lanzarote has been a favourite for British holidaymakers for many years thanks to its incredible beaches, outstanding weather and laid-back atmosphere. One of the leading resorts on the island is Costa Teguise, where tourists can take advantage of some of the best attractions available in this beautiful corner of the ...Continue reading
Lanzarote – bringing the beautiful island to life
Fire mountains, cooking on active volcanoes, green lakes and a lunar landscape. Lanzarote – there’s no other place on earth quite like it. Driving across the island can make you feel like you’re in another world with its lunar-like scenery and rugged terrain but really, it is an ...
Most popular Costa Teguise hotels
Costa Teguise weather
Your Costa Teguise questions answered
Lanzarote’s sub-tropical climate means there’s never a bad time to book a beach break. For fewer crowds and better Costa Teguise holiday deals, visit outside the summer season.
Top Costa Teguise hotels
5 Star Hotels
4 Star Hotels
- Beatriz Costa Teguise & Spa Hotel
- Occidental Lanzarote Playa
- Grand Teguise Playa Hotel
- H10 Suites Lanzarote Gardens
- Sands Beach Resort
- Occidental Lanzarote Mar
- Los Zocos Club Resort
- Oasis Lanz Beach Mate
- Be Live Experience Lanzarote Beach
- Vitalclass Lanzarote
- HD Beach Resort
- Blue Sea Costa Bastian
- Barcelo Teguise Beach
3 Star Hotels
2 Star Hotels
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes
Prices last checked at 17:10 19 January 2021