Costa Dorada holidays 2021
Tucked into the northeast corner of Spain, the Costa Dorada is a 216km run of beaches, pretty ports and tantalising towns backed by mountains. Expect fascinating historic sites and ample places to try delicious Catalan cuisine.
Costa Dorada translates as ‘Golden Coast’, and it's no misnomer. The sweeping line of the coast boasts many Blue Flag-winning beaches of all shapes and sizes that ensure it is one of the most popular regions of Spain. Meanwhile cities, towns and resorts such as Tarragona, Salou and Cambrils collectively tick every box when it comes to history, culture, cuisine and memorable experiences.
Natural attractions of Costa Dorada
There’s far more natural beauty than the pristine shoreline. Look inwards to discover trails through pine forests and ascending mountains, routes to old monasteries and through medieval villages. Meanwhile, coastal routes linking the major towns and a trip birdwatching in the region’s largest wetland, Sèquia Major Natural Area, offer further glimpses of the scenic landscape.
Why book Costa Dorada holidays
Discover the best beaches
Calm and shallow waters make beaches popular here
The best theme parks
Don't miss Salou's PortAvenura, the biggest theme park in Europe!
Fun water parks
PortAventura also has an aquatic park, great for all ages
Balcon del Mediterraneo in Tarragona has stunning views
Must-visit historical sites
Visit Roman ruins like the Vila Romana dels Munts
Art? History? Costa Dorada has it all
Top resorts in Costa Dorada
Sunny Salou on the Costa Dorada is spectacular for summer holidays, packed with adventurous activities, brilliant beaches and plenty of …From £108 per person
Sizzling Sitges, sitting just 35km from Barcelona on the coast, is a truly enthralling destination with history, art and gorgeous …From £189 per person
A seaside resort famed for its sun-drenched Mediterranean climate, La Pineda offers powdery golden sands and a bevvy of family-friendly …From £174 per person
Situated at the very heart of the Costa Dorada, Cambrils is acknowledged as the second largest town in this region …From £128 per person
L'Ampolla in Costa Dorada, SpainFrom £208 per person
If you’re looking for a place in the sun, you’ll find what you’re seeking with holidays to Miami Playa. Nestled in …From £115 per person
Join the millions of customers finding better value holidays
Search your way
Enter as much or as little information as you’d like. You don’t have to know where or when you’re going to see our best prices
Compare deals quickly
We search through 1000s of flight and hotel combinations to bring you the best offers within seconds
Instantly see prices for each day
Save money by quickly finding the cheapest days to travel
Your guide to Costa Dorada holidays
Top 5 things to do in Costa Dorada
The Costa Dorada is a region bursting with activities, attractions and things to do for all. Explore old towns, visit amusement parks, discover the wilds of the interior and try watersports, all within this one delicious stretch of Catalunya.
- Lose yourself in enchanting coastal centres. From the historic hub of Tarragona, many beaches of Salou and fishing port of Cambrils to Sitges, the Costa Dorada’s seaside towns are bursting with activities for all.
- Delight old and young at exciting theme parks. From renowned PortAventura World and Ferrari Land to the Calafell Slide, Calafell Aventura and Xtreme Park, there’s an amusement park for all ages.
- Uncover rural Costa Dorada. The region is well placed for hiking in the Serra de Montsant and Prades Mountains Natural Park.
- Make a splash in the region’s famous waterparks. Swoosh down the slides at the likes of PortAventura Caribe Aquatic Park, Aqualeon Park, Secalu Park and Aquopolis Costa Dorada among many others.
- The Golden Coast is heaven for watersports. Let the wind whip up a windsurfing frenzy, take a coastal boat trip or find a sheltered spot for some kayaking and stand-up-paddleboarding.
Historic highlights of Costa Dorada
The Costa Dorada is a treasure trove of historic ruins and remains. You’ll gain great insight into the region by getting to know its past through Roman artefacts, religious relics and the many exceptional museums.
- Explore the whopping UNESCO sites of the Archaeological Ensemble of Tárraco, Tarragona. This collection of Roman ruins includes the Wall of Tarragona, Ferreres Aqueduct, Tarragona Amphitheatre, Villa of Centcelles and much more.
- Head to the foothills of the Prades Mountains to visit the UNESCO Poblet Monastery complex. Dating from the 12th century, it’s the oldest Cistercian monastery in Catalonia.
- Tour the museums of Sitges. Catalan art and history intertwine on a journey through the ages via paintings, ceramics and sculptures at the likes of Maricel Museum and Cau Ferrat Museum.
- Meander around medieval Montblanc. Enveloped in fortified walls, this fascinating old town has a Jewish quarter, Royal Palace, two notable gothic churches and a 13th-century convent.
- Explore the life of Gaudi at the Gaudi Centre. Delve into the interactive and illuminating exhibition, which showcases the story of the famous Reus-born artist.
Most popular Costa Dorada hotels
- Costa Dorada
Costa Dorada weather
Your Costa Dorada questions answered
The best time to visit Costa Dorada is between May and early October. Both July and August are the hottest months while July is the sunniest month and the sea is at its warmest in August.
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes
Prices last checked at 13:12 27 January 2021