Meaning ‘Coast of the Sun’, the Costa del Sol’s great weather attracts visitors from far and wide. For an affordable slice of summer all year round, this southern corner of Spain truly hits the spot.
Basking in 325 days of sunshine a year, of course you’ll want to save time for swimming, snorkelling and sunbathing on holiday to the Costa del Sol. However, with over 150 kilometres of Spanish coastline to explore, don’t forget to factor in the traditional towns, incredible nightlife and natural parks full of wild wonder.
Fantastic resorts on the Costa del Sol
Whether you’re after glitz and glamour or family friendly, the Costa del Sol’s popular towns make holiday dreams come true. From the immaculate beaches of Torremolinos to stylish Marbella, action-packed Benalmadena to family friendly Fuengirola, simply take your pick of top resorts. Then, all that remains is to count down the days until your holiday can begin!
Why book Costa Del Sol holidays
Discover the best beaches
Stunning golden sands and and bright sunny days
Bioparc Fuengirola and Aqualand Torremolinos make for great days out
Sample the local food
Go out for traditional tapas and ice cold sangria
Explore the city
Head into the centre of Malaga for shopping, museums and sights
Hit the nightlife & bar scene
Experience the unforgettable day parties and nights out in Marbella
Rest & relaxation
Sunshine all year round is good cause for relaxation
Top resorts in Costa del Sol
For sunny days, delicious evenings and all-inclusive hotels to lay your head at night, the resort town of Benalmadena has …From £109 per person
The beach resort of Torremolinos is one of the Costa del Sol’s holiday hotspots. Golden stretches of sand, tapas bars …From £143 per person
One of the Costa del Sol’s top resorts, Fuengirola is a haven for holidaymakers yet wears its Spanish heritage with …From £159 per person
As the trendy capital of the Costa del Sol, holidays in Marbella glitter with highlights. Soak up Spanish sunshine, sightseeing …From £163 per person
This 12km stretch of coastline is the perfect place for holidays on the Costa del Sol. With whitewashed towns, glittery …From £127 per person
Famous as a playground for the rich and famous, this port in the Nueva Andalucía area is all glitz and …From £248 per person
Most popular Costa Del Sol hotels
Your guide to Costa Del Sol holidays
Top 5 things to do in Costa del Sol
Cram in the culture on your Costa del Sol holiday. Home to exciting cities, ancient mountain villages and everything in between.
- The city of Malaga is well known for its sightseeing. Castle ruins, Picasso museums, an upmarket harbour and, the historic highlight, a grand Moorish fortress built in the 11th century.
- Traditional Spanish charm can be found in the cobbled streets of Mijas. With beautiful views towards the coast, this little village is a warren of quaint shops selling handmade treasures.
- The picture-perfect delights of Marbella’s Old Town have stood the test of time. The romantic Andalucian squares, tiny chapels, trickling fountains and cosy cafes are a delight to explore.
- See how the other half live at the award-winning Puerto Marina in Benalmadena. Over 1,000 luxurious yachts are moored alongside interesting architecture, upmarket shops and restaurants.
- For something really special, coincide your Costa del Sol holiday with a traditional festival. From Easter processions to powder throwing parties, they’ll add a final flourish to your unforgettable trip.
Natural wonder on the Costa del Sol
Set your sights on the Costa del Sol countryside and discover the likes of dramatic gorges, incredible wildlife and underground caves.
- Hike the trails of El Torcal Natural Reserve and stand in awe at its inspiring geology. A playground of limestone spires, undulating caverns and otherworldly rock formations.
- In Nerja, an underground cave system invites you to step below the surface and uncover thousands of years of history. Incredibly, these cathedral-like caverns lay undiscovered until 1959.
- Pinned against a gorge in the Malaga mountains, El Caminito Del Rey’s narrow walkway teeters 300 feet above the canyon floor. It’s a thrilling day trip, if you can handle the heights.
- With plentiful sunshine, over 70 golf courses and home to big prize tournaments, the Costa del Sol is a golfer’s paradise. Whether you’re a budding enthusiast or a seasoned pro, it’s a hole in one.
- Montes de Malaga Natural Park is a green hideaway just five kilometres outside Malaga city. Climb the rugged mountains, spot eagles and marvel at panoramic views out to sea.
What our local experts say
Top 8 cheap holiday destinations for couples
Want a romantic holiday on a budget? Feel like bask on a stunning beach somewhere hot? Or fancy exploring a new city with your partner? Whatever you’re looking for, we’ve got you covered! You don’t need to break the bank to enjoy an unforgettable holiday for two ...
Our favourite Meliá Hotels and Resorts
Book a holiday at Meliá Hotels and Resorts and you will enjoy supreme comfort, elegant design, outstanding facilities and superb, personalised service. Everything you need for an unforgettable and relaxed holiday! Whether you’re travelling with your partner or the family, heading off on a solo adventure, or want to ...
Costa del Sol weather
Your Costa del Sol questions answered
With 325 days of sunshine a year, the Costa del Sol is beach holiday heaven. However, you’ll also love its natural beauty, popular hotels and renowned nightlife.
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes
Prices last checked at 22:30 11 April 2021