Costa del Silencio holidays 2021
Peaceful by name and peaceful by nature, your relaxing island getaway awaits on holidays in Costa del Silencio.
Live life in the slow lane on holidays in Costa del Silencio. Teetering on Tenerife’s southern coastline, this small resort keeps things irresistibly simple. Close to excellent beaches, volcanic mountains and quaint fishing villages, it’s the ideal cheap holiday destination if you love the great outdoors. Plus, when entertainment calls, popular summer holiday hangouts like Los Cristianos and Playa de las Américas are right around the corner.
Diving in Costa del Silencio
Experience the magic of Tenerife’s crystal clear waters and abundant marine life on a scuba diving excursion. Costa del Silencio’s excellent diving centre plunges you into the underwater wonderland of Montaña Amarilla marine reserve. Don your goggles to explore secret caves, volcanic spires and reef terraces alive with turtles, angelfish and the odd stingray too
Book with confidence
Why book Costa Del Silencio holidays
Rest & relaxation
The 'Silent Coast' is perfect for quiet breaks by Tenerife's stunning shores
Perfect for watersports
Whether it's jet skis or a catamaran trip, diving or surfing, you can enjoy it all on Costa del Silencio
Sample the local food
Enjoy the tasty cuisine in a laid-back atmosphere
Most popular Costa Del Silencio hotels
Your guide to Costa Del Silencio holidays
Fresh sea air and magnificent coastal views are yours for the taking on holidays in Costa del Silencio.
- Stunning rock formations and hiking trails line the coast beside Costa del Silencio. Strike out towards the golden crest of Montaña Amarilla and stand in awe at those views out to sea.
- An easy coastal path connects you with the pretty fishing village of Las Galletas. Its curved marina is home to bars and restaurants from where you can watch fish dart in the clear waters below.
- Pull on your trunks and dive into an array of water sports, from calming catamaran trips to jet skiing jaunts. The cool surfing capital of Tenerife, El Medano, is a 20 minute drive away.
- Two of Tenerife’s best golf courses are within putting distance of Costa del Silencio. Golf del Sur and Amarilla Golf both boast 18-hole championship courses overlooking the seafront.
- Stretch your legs along the lunar landscapes of Montaña Grande. Below the mountain you’ll stumble upon turquoise bays, endless cacti and a picturesque lighthouse to boot.
Day trips from Costa del Silencio
Tenerife may be the largest Canary Island, but holidays to Costa del Silencio put the best of it within arm’s reach.
- As the highest volcano in Spain, Mount Teide has some impressive credentials. Incredibly, there’s a cable car that whizzes you to the top for spellbinding views over Teide National Park.
- Another must-see are the colossal cliffs of Los Gigantes which plunge 800 metres into the ocean. Dotted with fishing villages and secret swimming spots, this is Tenerife at its most dramatic.
- Combine those soaring peaks with thermal currents for an epic paragliding adventure. West Tenerife has many gliding sites, the village of Taucho being particularly popular.
- Less than an hour’s drive from Costa del Silencio is the mountain hideaway of Masca. It’s the prettiest village on the island, flanked by steep ravine walls, lush forest and cascading flowers.
- The sandy beaches of Los Cristianos attract visitors from all over the world. For day trip dynamite, hop on a ferry over to the island of La Gomera and keep an eye out for dolphins!
Costa del Silencio weather
Your Costa del Silencio questions answered
In a prime position on Tenerife’s southeastern tip, holidays in Costa del Silencio deliver year-round sunshine. It’s not unusual for temperatures to reach the 30s during the summer holidays and winters remain comfortably warm.
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes
Prices last checked at 00:30 7 March 2021