Captivating Costa Calma holidays 2021
Find holiday heaven among the sun-soaked beaches and shallow waters of the ‘quiet coast’. Holidays to Costa Calma are the ultimate island getaway.
Your captivating Costa Calma holiday begins here. There’s no denying that life on the south coast of Fuerteventura revolves around soft sandy beaches and world-class water sports. But don’t settle down just yet, because this popular resort is a gateway to some of the best sights on the Canary Islands. Close by, you’ll discover stunning national parks, fishing villages and mountains so high they touch the clouds.
Shopping in Costa Calma
If you like to bag a bargain in between sunbathing sessions, holidays in Costa Calma have all the goodies you could wish for. Numerous shopping centres are crammed with clothing stores, boutiques and gift shops. Alternatively, swing by the traditional market for handmade souvenirs to adorn your mantelpiece for years to come.
Why book Costa Calma holidays
Discover the best beaches
Explore all parts of Costa Calma's whopping 17 mile long beach
Perfect for watersports
From surfing to windsurfing, make good use of the fantastic watersports conditions here
Fab shopping scene
There are 8 shopping centres to check out on Costa Calma, so make sure to pick up all your souvenirs!
Explore the local markets
Catch the market on Wednesdays and Sundays for handmade items and other trinkets
Sample the local food
Tapas is a must when on the Costa Calma, but fussy eaters will have others foods to try too
Lush natural wonders
Enjoy the views and rugged coastline of Fuerteventura
Join the millions of customers finding better value holidays
Search your way
Enter as much or as little information as you’d like. You don’t have to know where or when you’re going to see our best prices
Compare deals quickly
We search through 1000s of flight and hotel combinations to bring you the best offers within seconds
Instantly see prices for each day
Save money by quickly finding the cheapest days to travel
Your guide to Costa Calma holidays
Top 5 things to do in Costa Calma
Whether you prefer to relax close to home or venture further afield, holidays to Costa Calma serve up serious fun in the sun.
- Costa Calma is a world-famous destination for kitesurfing. International competitions are held at nearby Sotavento beach, while excellent courses for beginners help newbies catch their first wave.
- Conditions below the water’s surface are just as spectacular. The best way to experience it? Swimming past delicate reefs, angel sharks and fish of all colours on a scuba diving trip.
- If you prefer dry land, hop on a buggy tour and explore the corners of the island most tourists never see. Let loose on remote mountain paths, with stops to admire the magical sea views.
- When it comes to day trips, Morro Jable is a must. The mountain-backed beaches alone are worth the 20 minute drive, but this fishing village is also home to a turtle conservation centre.
- Gain a unique insight into local history and geology as you roam the surrounding hills by segway. Guided tours set off from Jandia and are accessible for all ages.
Natural beauty in Costa Calma
Immerse yourself in the Canary Islands’ fascinating terrain on holiday in Costa Calma, from volcanic peaks to historic coastal tracks.
- Pico de la Zarza is the highest mountain on the island. If you’re up for a challenge, embark on the five hour hike up to its jagged crests for unforgettable panoramas over the entire south coast.
- Wander into the volcanic wilderness of Jandia Natural Park. The remarkable landscape is strewn with sweeping mountains and great ravines that plunge into white sand beaches.
- On the southernmost tip of the peninsula, Punta Jandia Lighthouse is one of the oldest on the Canary Islands. Keep walking and you’ll find it where the land ends and the crashing Atlantic waves begin.
- For an unrivalled view of Fuerteventura’s famous coastline, nip up the road for a catamaran cruise from Caleta de Fuste. Chill out on the deck and dive into the island’s ultimate snorkelling spots.
- Grab your boots and tackle the tricky hike to the top of Cardón Mountain Natural Monument. Red-tinged rock formations get increasingly steep as the views get ever more rewarding.
Most popular Costa Calma hotels
- Costa Calma
Costa Calma weather
Your Costa Calma questions answered
Warm temperatures and fewer tourists make spring and autumn particularly good times to visit Costa Calma. July and August are the sunniest, while many choose holidays to Costa Calma for a dose of winter sun.
Top Costa Calma hotels
4 Star Hotels
- SBH Monica Beach Hotel - All Inclusive
- SBH Fuerteventura Playa
- H10 Playa Esmeralda - Adults Only
- H10 Tindaya
- Melia Fuerteventura
- Hotel R2 Río Calma Spa Wellness & Conference
- R2 Pájara Beach Hotel & Spa - All Inclusive
- SBH Taro Beach Hotel - All Inclusive
- Hotel Risco del Gato Suites THE Senses Collection
- KN Matas Blancas Hotel (Adults only)
- LABRANDA Golden Beach Hotel
- Hotel Cooee Taimar
- SBH Costa Calma Beach Resort - All Inclusive
3 Star Hotels
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes
Prices last checked at 23:23 24 February 2021