Blending idyllic beaches and luxury resorts with Roman history and rugged coastal paths, the Costa Brava offers a Spanish holiday of exquisite contrast.
Known as the ‘wild coast’, this stunning stretch of northeastern Spain is filled with dramatic cliffs, medieval castles and cosmopolitan city breaks. But it’s not all rough and tumble on holiday on the Costa Brava. Between the adventures a world of relaxation awaits, complete with peaceful Blue Flag beaches, pretty botanical gardens and reliable sunshine all year round.
Stunning scenery on the Costa Brava
Whether you love hiking, cycling, extreme sports or just a great view, holidays to the Costa Brava deliver a serious dose of natural beauty. Roam the foothills of the Pyrenees, explore vast wetland lagoons, marvel at extinct volcanoes or find a hidden beauty spot in Girona’s Cap de Creus Natural Park. The Costa Brava’s diverse terrain is full of scenic surprises.
Why book Costa Brava holidays
Discover the best beaches
We love Calella de Palafrugell and Playa de Aiguablava
Amazing all inclusive resorts
Lloret de Mar boasts some pretty great all inclusive hotels
Perfect for watersports
The Wild Coast is popular for all kinds of watersports
Sample the local food
Sample fresh Catalan food at its best
Cultural hotspot not to miss
Dalí’s seaside home in Portlligat is a must-visit
Costa Brava has shallow-water beaches and a wealth of family-friendly hotels
Top resorts in Costa Brava
Holidays to Catalonia’s colourful capital of Barcelona blend seaside bliss with architectural treasures. With history, culture and world-class cuisine, Barcelona’s …From £114 per person
Lloret de Mar
Some 70 kilometres up the coast from Barcelona, Lloret de Mar is one of the most affordable, lively and colourful …From £117 per person
Malgrat de Mar
Look beneath the terracotta-topped houses of Malgrat de Mar’s old town, interrupted only by the octagonal church tower, to see …From £144 per person
Coastal Calella is a holiday favourite on the sweeping sands of Costa Brava in Catalonia. Located close to both Barcelona …From £143 per person
Sprinkle some unbeatable sightseeing atop your sun, sea and sand on holiday in Santa Susanna. Perched on Spain’s northeastern coast, cheap …From £144 per person
Pineda de Mar
Running on empty? Dreaming of a relaxing break in the sun? Head to Pineda de Mar, on Spain’s beautiful Costa …From £144 per person
Join the millions of customers finding better value holidays
Search your way
Enter as much or as little information as you’d like. You don’t have to know where or when you’re going to see our best prices
Compare deals quickly
We search through 1000s of flight and hotel combinations to bring you the best offers within seconds
Instantly see prices for each day
Save money by quickly finding the cheapest days to travel
Your guide to Costa Brava holidays
Top 5 things to do in Costa Brava
Immaculate beaches often steal the headlines, but the Costa Brava’s fascinating history and unique scenery have much to offer.
- Enter the surrealist world of Salvador Dalí at three museums dedicated to his life. Located in Figueres, Portlligat and Púbol, each are as quirky and colourful as the Spanish artist himself.
- The Botanical Gardens of Santa Clotilde, Marimurtra and Cap Roig are straight out of a film set. A wonderful blend of cascading greenery and exotic plants, set against the turquoise sea.
- The historic town of Roses is pretty in name and nature. Ancient citadels, Renaissance castles and hidden swimming coves tempt beach lovers and culture vultures alike.
- Impressive cities also call the Costa Brava home. Girona’s full of medieval architecture, while Barcelona’s boundless culture makes for a top city break.
- If you’re after a cheap holiday to the Costa Brava, Lloret de Mar’s many resorts have everything you need. All inclusive hotels spill onto golden beaches, backed by bargain bars.
History on the Costa Brava
The Costa Brava’s rich history remains a huge draw for visitors, with medieval castles, Roman forts and ancient treasures scattered along the coast.
- Built around a 12th century castle, Tossa de Mar is pure Mediterranean romance. Preserved fortifications surround this ancient town, a maze of cobbled streets and Moorish architecture.
- The ruins of Empúries are not one, but two ancient Greek and Roman cities side by side. From tiny mosaics to large amphitheatres, grab an audio guide and let history spring to life around you.
- The largest bastion fort in Europe sits high on a hill overlooking Figueres. Sant Ferran Castle is an incredible display of military history; don’t miss boating through the underground canals!
- For years civilisations have flocked to Caldes de Malavella for its thermal springs. View the Roman bath remains, then dip your toes in the luxurious spa resorts’ geothermal pools.
- Filled with medieval architecture, Roman archways and sun kissed squares, Pals is perhaps the most picturesque town on the Costa Brava and dates back to the 9th century.
What our local experts say
Hidden places in the Costa Brava
The Costa Brava, with its plunging ochre cliffs, verdant pine forest and turquoise coves, is easily the most beautiful stretch of coastline on the Spanish Mediterranean. It attracts hundreds of thousands of holiday-makers every year, and its biggest resorts offer gorgeous beaches and non-stop action. But, if you want to ...Continue reading
Our essential guide to Pineda de Mar
Gorgeous beaches and lots of authentic Spanish appeal have made Pineda de Mar a favourite with holiday-makers, particularly with couples and families. It’s a laid-back, low-key resort, which is perfectly located halfway between the Costa Brava and Barcelona, so there’s plenty to see and do right on the ...
Most popular Costa Brava hotels
Costa Brava weather
Your Costa Brava questions answered
Costa Brava enjoys a sunny Mediterranean climate and May to September offer the warmest weather. However, July and August are very popular so best to avoid if you’re looking for a cheap holiday to the Costa Brava.
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes
Prices last checked at 07:30 20 January 2021