As a former fishing village turned lively beach resort, Corralejo holidays strike a wonderful balance between cultural and convenient. Sand dunes and snorkelling complete an idyllic itinerary.
Holidays to Corralejo really do offer the best of everything. Make the most of having endless amenities on your doorstep, from stunning swimming beaches and modern shopping centres to one of the best water parks in the Canaries. The resort is also the ideal jumping off point for day trips to sleepy Lobos Island, plus Corralejo’s sand dunes are a playground for adventure seekers.
Heritage in Corralejo
Despite being one of the most popular beach resorts in Fuerteventura, Corralejo has plenty of old-world charm. Spend a morning wandering around its cobbled old town and picturesque harbour. You could also trek across Lobos Island to the Punta Martiño lighthouse. Dating back to 1865, it’s one of the oldest lighthouses in the Canary Islands.
Why book Corralejo holidays
Perfect for watersports
Corralejo is one of the best places on the island for surfing, so grab your board... surf's up!
Discover the best beaches
There are beaches galore along this coast... from Galera Beach to Flag Beach, pick wisely!
Sample the local food
Seafood is all the rage in Corralejo, so try the catch of the day and be amazed
Fab shopping scene
Have a walk down Main Street or Avenida General Franco for all your shopping needs
Hit the nightlife & bar scene
Don't forget to stop off at one of Corralejo's bars in the evening, drinks will be flowing and the music will be blasting
Lush natural wonders
Whether it's the beaches backed by sand dunes or the lovely secluded island of Los Lobos (where the snorkelling is great!), Corralejo is simply beautiful
Join the millions of customers finding better value holidays
Search your way
Enter as much or as little information as you’d like. You don’t have to know where or when you’re going to see our best prices
Compare deals quickly
We search through 1000s of flight and hotel combinations to bring you the best offers within seconds
Instantly see prices for each day
Save money by quickly finding the cheapest days to travel
Your guide to Corralejo holidays
Beaches in Corralejo
As well as beaches just seconds from top Corralejo hotels, you’ll find several sandy stretches a brief drive along the coastline.
- If you fancy strolling straight from the sand to a beach bar, Playa de la Goleta couldn’t be better positioned. Stretch out on its soft golden sand or hire a sunbed for extra comfort.
- El Burro (or Glass Beach) is a go-to for wind sports. The white sand beach is a 10 minute drive south of Corralejo town and is known for hosting the Fuerteventura Kite Festival every November.
- Playa del Medio is smack-bang in the heart of Corralejo, making it an easy option for families. There’s several cafes and bars nearby, plus it’s just steps from numerous popular hotels.
- One of the first beaches you reach in Corralejo Natural Park is Flag Beach. Sandwiched between Playa del Pozo and Playa del Medano, it’s another epic spot for wind and water sports.
- Planning to visit Lobos Island? Playa de la Concha De Lobos is its prettiest beach. Just 10 minutes by foot from the ferry terminal, it boasts calm, clear waters ideal for snorkelling.
Quiet beaches in Corralejo
Want a break from the crowds? Discover numerous blissful bays in the Corralejo resort itself and just beyond.
- Part of the Corralejo Natural Park, Playa de los Matos is nestled within a sheltered bay. You’ll find no facilities here. Instead, there’s heaps of soft sand and unique stone cairns to help keep you sheltered from the wind.
- Playa Larga is another sandy stretch that’s part of Corralejo Natural Park. Situated about halfway down the coastline and in front of huge dunes, it offers plenty of space to stretch out.
- Despite its proximity to the town, Playa de Corralejo Viejo tends to be one of the resort’s calmer beaches. Its waters are crystal-clear and ideal for a refreshing swim.
- If you’re hiring a car, El Cotillo is a great destination for a day trip. The peaceful village is 20 minutes away on the west coast and home to a string of quiet sandy beaches.
- Willing to venture a little further? Another 15 minutes drive south from El Cotillo takes you to beautiful Playa de Esquinzo. Accessed down a steep cliff path, it’s a paradise for surfers and rarely occupied by more than a few people.
What our local experts say
Best destinations for your first holiday together
Going on holiday for the first time together is a big step! You want it to be romantic, exciting – and hopefully lots of fun! We’ve picked out some of the best destinations for your first holiday together – places that we think ooze romance, but where you can also ...Continue reading
Most popular Corralejo hotels
Your Corralejo questions answered
Fuerteventura has a sub-tropical climate, making beach holidays to Corralejo possible all year round. June to September are the busiest yet hottest months, while October to March is prime surfing season.
Top Corralejo hotels
4 Star Hotels
3 Star Hotels
- Oasis Duna Apartments
- Hesperia Bristol Playa Aparthotel
- LABRANDA Aloe Club Resort
- Las Marismas de Corralejo Apartments
- Maxorata Beach
- Oasis Village Aparthotel
- Hotel Boutique TAO Caleta Mar
- Oasis Papagayo Resort
- Atlantic Garden Beach Mate
- Apartamentos Fuentepark
- Caledonia Dunas Club
- Corralejo Surfing Colors Hotel&Apartments
- Arena Beach
- Bristol Sunset Beach
2 Star Hotels
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes
Prices last checked at 17:05 20 January 2021