The isle of Corfu lies just a stone’s throw off Greece’s northwestern coast. Corfu holidays combine rugged lush mountains with unbelievably golden beaches and towns steeped in historical beauty.
The Ionian island of Corfu has a patchwork history, having previously been under Venetian, British and French rule. Finally, it was reunited with Greece in the early 20th century. You’ll feel the influence of this cultural fusion across an island that makes lifelong fans of all who visit. As for the beaches, get set for white sand, sparkling seas and long, sunny summer seasons.
Historical Highlights in Corfu
Corfu is covered in historic fortresses, palaces and churches. One even featured as the backdrop for a Roger Moore Bond film. They’re all full of stories and rife for exploration. A must-see on holidays in Corfu is the 13th-century monastery in Paleokastritsa, dedicated to the Virgin Mary.
Why book Corfu holidays
Discover the best beaches
We love Porto Timoni, Loggas, Issos and Voutoumi beaches
Must-visit historical sites
Explore the streets of Kerkyra, Corfu Old Town
Sample the local food
From fresh seafood and shellfish to mouthwateringly tender lamb
Cultural hotspot not to miss
Visit the charming little village of Palaiokastritsa
Top attractions to visit
Don't miss out on the Achilles-themed Achilleion palace
Stunning sunsets, secluded beaches & great couples hotels to match
Top resorts in Corfu
A world-famous party destination, Kavos has sun, sea and serious fun in droves. Come for the nightlife, but stay for …From £107 per person
The small town of Sidari sits in a chain of limestone bays on the north coast of Corfu. It’s a …From £103 per person
Located on the north-west coast of Corfu, holidays to Aghios Georgios are ideal for those looking to enjoy a beach …From £99 per person
Kanoni Beach is located on the outskirts of Corfu Town in the popular holiday destination of Corfu in Greece. This …From £177 per person
Step into a real-life postcard when you book cheap holidays to Roda. Perched on Corfu’s north coast and surrounded by …From £128 per person
Barbati holidays are the perfect Corfu resort for families and couples searching for peace and quiet mixed with traditional Greek …From £214 per person
Join the millions of customers finding better value holidays
Search your way
Enter as much or as little information as you’d like. You don’t have to know where or when you’re going to see our best prices
Compare deals quickly
We search through 1000s of flight and hotel combinations to bring you the best offers within seconds
Instantly see prices for each day
Save money by quickly finding the cheapest days to travel
Your guide to Corfu holidays
Beaches in Corfu
As you’d expect for a Greek island surrounded by the sea, Corfu is bordered by a myriad of beaches. Kick off your flip flops, splash about in the sea and sunbathe beneath the glorious rays.
- Pose for a picture at the incredibly picturesque Paleokastritsa. Then head on over to one of the delightful tavernas that overlook the bay.
- Picture paradise in your mind – it probably looks a lot like Kanoni beach. The breathtaking collision of rocks and sapphire waters is unbeatable.
- The party never stops at Kavos beach, where you can go jet skiing during the day and then stay out at the bars until the early hours.
- It’s sand and crystal clear water for as far as the eye can see on Arillas, a two-kilometre stretch of beach that’s a hit with families.
- There’s always something happening at the golden sands of Glyfada, a beach that buzzes with youthful energy. There’s a soft play set-up in the sea to keep the little (and big) kids occupied.
Quiet beaches in Corfu
If you’re looking to escape the masses on your holiday in Corfu, there are some peaceful options far from the main tourist haunts.
- Situated on a long narrow stretch of land, Chalikounas is unique in its option of two different bodies of water to choose from. Enjoy a flamingo-filled lake to the north or the Adriatic Sea to the south.
- Secluded by a barrier formed from a long tuft of olive trees, Prasoudi beach offers a spot of solitude to wade into its clear and shallow waters.
- You need to either hike or take a boat to discover the wonders of pebbly Rovinia. The beach doesn’t have any tavernas, so remember to pack a picnic for when you get peckish.
- Hire out some snorkels and marvel at the aquatic wildlife of Liapades beach in the north of the island.
- As its name suggests, Gardeno is a delightfully green beach, where tufts of vegetation provide natural shade in one of the few places tourists have yet to discover.
What our local experts say
Why we love Corfu
The Greek Islands are known to have it all. Pleasant weather, great beaches and fantastic historical sites. The truth is, there really is something for everyone to enjoy. Making the Greek Islands one of the best destinations for every type of holidaymaker. Whether you’re travelling as a couple, family ...Continue reading
Eat your way around Greece
Mmmmmm. Greek cuisine, part of the famous Mediterranean diet, is among the freshest and most delicious in the world. Expect seafood plucked straight from the sea, locally reared free-range meat from the inland hills, an endless variety of flavour-packed fruit and vegetables, and a huge choice of cheeses and cured ...
Top 10 places for a spring holiday
Winter is on the way out, so why not celebrate by planning your spring holiday? Lower prices, no crowds and plenty of sunshine make spring the perfect time to get away for a break! Whether you want to go hiking in Crete, soak up the sun in Dubai, or chill ...
Most popular Corfu hotels
Your Corfu questions answered
It’s best to visit Corfu between June and September. The sun beats down at a balmy 25-31°C and sunny days are almost guaranteed.
Top Corfu Destinations
Check out some of our most popular Corfu holiday destinations.
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes
Prices last checked at 20:29 25 January 2021