Weekends and Short Breaks 2021
Packed with culture and excitement, discover the world’s best cities over a long weekend, or any duration that suits you.
With short daily flights to vibrant European cultural capitals like Rome, Lisbon, Berlin and Copenhagen, you can find a central bed and breakfast basis hotel, that puts you in the heart of the city. Making it simple and economical to explore your destination.
Why book City Breaks holidays
Sample the cafe culture
Every city has one: pick your spot and do some proper people-watching
Explore the city
That's a no-brainer. A city break is usually packed full with attractions at every turn
Art & culture
If you're after great museums, dining & cultural hotspots, this is the holiday type for you
Top City Breaks Destinations
Struggling to choose from our wide range of city breaks? Get some inspiration from our top city breaks destinations and find the perfect weekend away that you've been looking for.
Cheap City Breaks
When you really need some stimulation, excitement, and a change of scenery but your bank account isn’t looking all that happy, a cheap city break is the perfect solution. With some fantastic metropolitan destinations in Europe, and amazing offers on hotels and flights, an affordable city break will have you exploring exciting destinations at budget prices.
Join the millions of customers finding better value holidays
Search your way
Enter as much or as little information as you’d like. You don’t have to know where or when you’re going to see our best prices
Compare deals quickly
We search through 1000s of flight and hotel combinations to bring you the best offers within seconds
Instantly see prices for each day
Save money by quickly finding the cheapest days to travel
Your guide to City Breaks holidays
Why go on a city break?
Add a dose of adventure and peak your interest by exploring somewhere new. A city break is perhaps the best way you can do that. But, there are many reasons as to why you should go on a city break including the following:
- It’s a practical choice - City breaks often provide a great alternative to longer duration holidays. If you’ve only got a short period off or want to make the most of a long weekend, a city break destination is the best way to make the most of it.
- They can give you a break from the beach - Some of the time, a typical city break destination doesn’t just include the hustle and bustle of the city, but you can enjoy the coast too. Barcelona in particular is a popular destination for an easy blend of city and coast, but why not try Nice and Dubrovnik?
- Treat your partner to a romantic getaway - City breaks have fast become one of the finest romantic gestures for couples. Whether you’re celebrating an anniversary, any other special occasion or just fancy a quick break away from it all with your loved one, there’s no better plan than a weekend break abroad. Take a short trip to one of Europe’s typical romantic cities like Paris, Rome or Venice.
- Discover a new city – When it comes to Europe there are plenty of cities to visit. So, there’s no surprise that European city breaks are one of our most popular choices. Whether your interests lie in architecture, history or culture, there’s no better way to experience these elements than to head to a new city and discover its true character. Explore Berlin, Budapest and Prague. Or for destinations a bit further afield, try Dubai and New York.
- They can be cheap – One of the most important factors for many is cost. Luckily, with short breaks, especially those closer to home, they can be cheap and cost effective. With cheap flights, accommodation and the use of transport around the city, most city breaks can be budget friendly as well as eye-opening.
What to do on a city break
The truth is that there are plenty of things to do on a city break, it just all depends on your own likes and interests. It may also depend on the time of year you’re visiting your chosen city. Some European cities are known for their Christmas markets for instance, so that could be something to put on your itinerary.
- Visit historical sites – Depending on your destination, it may be brimming with loads of reminders from the past. If you’re a history buff and enjoy exploring these kinds of sites, there are plenty of history-filled city breaks to embark on.
- Admire the sights – One of the main activities for a short break has to be sightseeing. There is always something to discover. From architecture to cultural sights, it definitely is a breath-taking experience.
- Explore museums – Part of going on your city break might be learning even more about the place. One of the best ways to do that, is by visiting museums which peak your interest. They might highlight the local art, the city’s history or cultural influences.
- Sample the local cuisine – Some travellers base their holidays on food and that includes city breaks. If you’re open to trying new dishes and local delicacies, then finding top and popular restaurants in your destination is definitely the best way around it. You might also want to check if there are any food fairs or festivals happening during your travel dates.
- Check out the nightlife – You might be shattered once the day comes to an end, but for many, a part of their city break experience is sampling the nightlife. In some locations, the nightlife might be so unique that it is worth having a night out on the town. Choose from bars and nightclubs to make the most of the night!
What our local experts say
The best (and our favourite!) UK staycations
Thinking of staying local this year? Well, we can’t blame you. Travelling abroad may not always be feasible or within budget. Luckily, the UK has a number of fantastic places to keep the holiday blues away. So, treat yourself to fun weekend getaways with the best UK staycation breaks.Continue reading
Barcelona & beyond: the best of Spanish city breaks
Ah, Spain! The perfect all-rounder. Beach holidays, family holidays, romantic couples getaways… you name it. Spain has it all! Oh, we can’t forget to mention city breaks too. Spain has some of the best short breaks in Europe, offering a superb variety. Whether it’s a beach break in ...
How to have the perfect city break
Perfect for a long weekend away, city breaks are the stuff of dreams. Whether you’re after a quick European break or want to head somewhere slightly further away from home, city escapes have loads to offer. You get to experience a different culture in a place packed full of restaurants ...
Most popular City Breaks hotels
Your questions answered
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes
Prices last checked at 11:41 1 March 2021