Cape Verde Holidays 2020
The Cape Verde Islands are located off the coast of West Africa. Popular among those seeking consistent warm weather, you’ll be delighted to discover the climate remains warm and dry throughout the year.
What kind of holiday does Cape Verde offer?
Besides warm weather, crystal blue waters and stretching beaches, these volcanic islands have a unique Portugese and African influenced culture, which make them a fascinating winter sun and beach holiday destination.
Cape Verde is great for:
All inclusive holidays - All inclusive Cape Verde holidays are a great value opportunity to relax on the beach, enjoy an afternoon scuba diving or hike to a volcano. Some of our top places to stay include Aguahotels Sal Vila Verde Resort or VOI Vila do Farol.
Cheap holidays - Mindelo is an ideal destination for beach lovers and holidaymakers looking for a taste of local music, dance and nightlife. There are some great package deals to Cape Verde where food and beverages are included in the price, so you can enjoy the local cuisine and have your fair share of cocktails by the pool!
Cape Verde Islands at a glance
Lush natural wonders
See the impressive volcano rising up from the sea in Fogo
Perfect for watersports
Sal is a world-class surfing destination
Discover the best beaches
The islands have an abundance of fine white-sand beaches
Popular with couples
Explore the islands' vast natural treasures & enjoy sunset coastal walks
Try the local wine
Savour some tasty reds thanks to the dark volcanic soil of Fogo island
Unspoiled landscapes and challenging trails make for great hiking
Top resorts in Cape Verde Islands
Santa Maria (Cape Verde)
On the tiny island archipelago of Cape Verde can be found the island of Sal and the town of Santa …from £482 pp
Dreaming of year-round sunshine, paradise beaches and a laid-back island lifestyle? The Cape Verde Islands, off the coast of West …from £465 pp
Mindelo is located in the north of Sao Vicente in Cape Verde. Known as the culture capital of the Cape Verdean …from £583 pp
Join the millions of customers finding better value holidays
Search your way
Enter as much or as little information as you’d like. You don’t have to know where or when you’re going to see our best prices
Compare deals quickly
We search through 1000s of flight and hotel combinations to bring you the best offers within seconds
Instantly see prices for each day
Save money by quickly finding the cheapest days to travel
Things to do in Cape Verde Islands
Things to do in Cape Verde
Cape Verde deserves a visit purely for its natural beauty, however, if you’re looking for a little more culture and adventure, you won’t be disappointed.
Top things to do in Sal
- Water sports - Sal is great for water sports like surfing and kiteboarding thanks to the abundant Atlantic winds.
- Desert biking - Sal has a mainly desert landscape making it the perfect place to enjoy some quad biking.
- Santa Maria - The coastal town of Santa in southern Sal. Enjoy a range of local restaurants and live music venues.
Top things to do in Boa Vista
The island of Boa Vista offers much of the same in pleasant beaches and water sport activities as Sal, but the capital Sal Rei is a wonderful addition to your to do list. Discover the Cape Verdean history and culture through stunning architecture.
Cape Verde beaches
Cape Verde’s main attraction is without a doubt its silky sands and dreamy waters. There is a cluster of beautiful beaches around the two popular islands of Sal and Boa Vista.
Boa Vista has an abundance of beautiful beaches:
- Santa Monica Beach - Powder white sands and gentle waves make this a hit!
- Praia de Chaves - Perfect for walks along the beach, you can also enjoy lunch at nearby restaurants.
- Praia de Atalanta - An isolated beach best-known for its shipwreck of a Spanish cargo ship. you'll need to take a tour to get there.
Sal is home to some of the most popular beaches that Cape Verde has to offer:
- Santa Maria Beach - Sal's most popular beach and is often considered one of the best in the world.
- Ponta Preta Beach - Great beach which is perfect for water sports like kite surfing, surfing and snorkelling.
- Kite Beach - As the name suggests, this beach is a kite surfers haven. Great if you wish to learn or practise.
Cape Verde Islands weather
Your Cape Verde Islands questions answered
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes