Cannes Holidays & City Breaks 2020
The beautiful city of Cannes lies along the luxurious French Riviera, located in the south of France. Known for its glitz and glamour, Cannes fails to dissatisfy those who choose it as their next holiday destination. Home to the picturesque Boulevard de la Croisette which bends along the coastline, Cannes is full of golden sand beaches and hotels which ooze extravagance. The base of the Cannes International Film Festival, this French city is a huge attraction for the rich and famous and this is easily seen throughout the lifestyle in Cannes. From classy restaurants and contemporary buildings to the Cannes Walk of Fame. A holiday to Cannes won’t disappoint!
Join the millions of customers finding better value holidays
Search your way
Enter as much or as little information as you’d like. You don’t have to know where or when you’re going to see our best prices
Compare deals quickly
We search through 1000s of flight and hotel combinations to bring you the best offers within seconds
Instantly see prices for each day
Save money by quickly finding the cheapest days to travel
Your guide to Cannes holidays
Things to do in Cannes
Cannes has an abundance of islands on its coast as well as museums and old medieval forts and churches. Check out these things to do during your Cannes city break:
- Church of Our Lady of Esperance – This church was completed in the 1600’s, finalised in a Gothic style. Visit here for lovely views of Cannes.
- St. Michael the Archangel Church – This stunning Russian Orthodox church was planned by Louis Nouveau and shows the cultural influences throughout the city.
- Lérins Islands – A group of islands which lie just off the coast of Cannes. Hop on a boat and enjoy the nature and relaxation.
- Ile Saint-Honorat – Based in the Lérins Islands, you’ll find a medieval monastery located here.
- Le Suquet – Cannes’ Old Quarter has a wide selection of winding streets, full of lovely restaurants.
When to go
The best time to visit Cannes would be just after the summer high season. Temperatures wouldn’t have dipped too much, but the crowd levels would have. Of course, if you’d prefer high temperatures to enjoy Cannes’ beaches to the fullest, the summer is a great time to go. Spring is a lovely time to go, however it starts to get busy as tourists begin flooding into the city.
Average high and low temperatures (°C):
- January: 13° / 4°
- February: 14° / 4°
- March: 16° / 6°
- April: 18° / 9°
- May: 21° / 13°
- June: 25° / 16°
- July: 28° / 16°
- August: 28° / 19°
- September: 25° / 15°
- October: 21° / 12°
- November: 17° / 8°
- December: 14° / 5°
Places to eat
As you can imagine, there are a number of places to eat during your weekend break in Cannes. From luxury fine dining restaurants to the more affordable alternatives. Meals range from meat dishes served up with salad sides or delicious pates. Of course, you can’t enjoy this wonderful cuisine without tasting some of France’s fine wines. For dessert, enjoy crepes and pancakes with a variety of toppings to choose from.
Great places to eat include:
- L’Assiette Provençale
- La Creperie
- Le Brouette Des Artisans
The glitzy lifestyle in Cannes is perfect, especially when it comes to its nightlife. Cannes has everything from glamorous wine bars to posh lounges where you can soak up the panoramic views of the waterfront. Whether you’re looking for a laid-back evening with your friends or a more wild night, Cannes will have something to entice you.
Nightlife spots in Cannes include:
- Le Cercle Bar
- Cotton Club
- La Chunga
- Carlton Bar
Beaches in Cannes
One of the reasons you’ve decided to visit Cannes may be due to its fantastic beaches. We don’t blame you! The beaches in Cannes are unique and can even be split up into public beaches and private beaches. Many of the private beaches in Cannes are located near Boulevard de la Croisette, although you will have to pay an extra charge for access. However, the public beaches are just as nice and have some amenities as well as great places to grab a bite to eat.
- Carlton Beach (private)
- Plage de la Bocca (public)
- Plage du Midi (public)
- Palm Beach (public)
- Long Beach (private)
Cannes has many museums which reveal the cities rich culture and history. Not to mention, it is world famous for its International Film Festival, which takes place every year, celebrating movies of various cultures and languages. Art features in many museums in Cannes, flaunting its significance within the city.
- Musée de la Castre – Discover landscape art from the French Riviera as well as various musical instruments.
- Mougins Museum of Classical Art – This museum is full of ancient art from well known civilizations such as Egypt, Greece and Rome.
- La Malmaison – Contemporary art museum featuring exhibitions from 20th and 21st-century artists.
- Villa Rothschild – Huge mansion which is now a public library. Lush grounds surround this amazing piece of architecture.
Most popular Cannes hotels
- Provence Alpes Cote d'Azur
- Provence Alpes Cote d'Azur
All hotels in Cannes
4 Star Hotels in Cannes
3 Star Hotels in Cannes
2 Star Hotels in Cannes
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes