MXN: Mexican peso
Cancun Holidays 2021
Searching for white-sand beaches and never-ending nightlife? Holidays in Cancun offer everything you’ve ever dreamed of in a Caribbean paradise.
Cancun holidays give you access to some of the best and most unspoiled beaches on the north of the Riviera Maya and put you on the doorstep of Mexico’s most fascinating Mayan sights. Add in dips in nearby cenotes (the pristine sinkholes that dot the region’s limestone plateaus), afternoons at world-class spas and sunset paddleboarding sessions, and you’ve got the makings of the trip of a lifetime.
Diving in Cancun
You can dive offshore from Cancun throughout the year. There’s the MUSA Underwater Museum to discover off the coast of Isla Mujeres, while whale sharks cruise by from June to September. Advanced divers can explore nearby shipwreck, or even try cave diving in some of the larger cenotes. For beginners, there’s a range of PADI-certified schools to choose from
Why book Cancun holidays
Discover the best beaches
Enjoy countless white-sand beaches, turquoise waters & large coral reefs to explore
Amazing all inclusive resorts
You'll find some of the best all inclusive resorts here
Top attractions to visit
Do not miss out on a day trip exploring mystical Mayan ruins
Perfect for watersports
Kayaking, kiteboarding, top diving and snorkelling opportunities
Sea Adventure and Ventura Park, plenty of child-friendly resorts
Lush natural wonders
Explore the famous cenotes & take a boat trip to Isla Mujeres
Most popular Cancun hotels
Your guide to Cancun holidays
Beaches in Cancun
There are some 13 miles of beaches fronting the Zona Hotelera, some public and some managed by all-inclusive Cancun resorts.
- The party never stops at Playa Forum, also called Playa Gaviota Azul, right next to the beating heart of Cancun’s nightlife scene. You can start dancing at its beach clubs long before sundown, so don’t come here for peace and relaxation.
- The calm waters of Playa Tortugas at the north of the Zona Hotelera are favourite with families. There’s also great snorkelling just offshore.
- Playa Delfines is a public beach as well as one of Cancun’s largest and most beautiful. It’s sometimes known as El Mirador, thanks to its gorgeous views out over the Caribbean Sea.
- When you’ve sunbathed to your heart’s content, head to the generally quieter Playa Chac-Mool where there’s a surf school and good range of watersports.
- Playa Marlín sits at the centre of the hotel zone, but its powdery white sands are accessible to all. Lifeguards make it safe for young swimmers while grown-ups can book a massage right on the beach.
Beaches near Cancun
It’ll take you at least a few days to explore Cancun and the city’s beautiful beaches. Beyond, these are a few of the best spots to check out on the Riviera Maya.
- A thirty-minute drive from Cancun, Puerto Morelos is one of the Yucatan’s best-kept secrets, a charming seaside town where the Mesoamerican Barrier Reef is just 300 feet offshore.
- For a different vibe, take the ferry across to Isla Cozumel, where life moves at a slower pace without large-scale development or Cancun’s glitzy resorts.
- Isla Blanca isn’t actually an island, but a beautiful promontory to the north of Cancun. With unspoiled beaches, mangroves and a lagoon, it’s a little slice of paradise and the perfect place to escape the crowds.
- Playa del Carmen is the closest big resort to Cancun. There’s a huge number of beaches and beach clubs to choose from here.
- It’s a longer journey to reach Akumal Beach, which lies between Playa del Carmen and Tulum, but seeing sea turtles lay their eggs in the sand from April to October is well worth the trek.
What our local experts say
Top 5 destinations for first time all inclusive travellers
All inclusive holidays are a brilliant way to enjoy a stress-free holiday! You get to keep control of your budget, with flights, accommodation, meals and drinks all included. You might even get some extras, such as kids’ clubs or some sports activities. With the major expenses all covered, you can ...Continue reading
Our top 5 foods on the UNESCO Intangible Cultural Heritage ...
At the end of 2017, UNESCO officially acknowledged what all us pizza fanatics have always known: nothing compares to Neapolitan pizza. The art of ‘pizzaiuoli’ – the traditional practice of pizza-making that originated in Naples – is now inscribed on the Intangible Cultural Heritage List. It’s in good company: other cuisines ...
Your Cancun questions answered
Cancun has a reputation for its party scene, but it can also be a great destination for a family break. Some resorts specialise in low-key luxury, others in kids’ clubs and activities. Take some time to check out the different options before you book.
Top Cancun hotels
5 Star Hotels
- The Grand At Moon Palace
- Hyatt Ziva Cancun
- Seadust Cancun Family Resort All Inclusive
- Hyatt Zilara Cancún
- Hard Rock Hotel Cancun
- Moon Palace Cancun - All Inclusive
- Secrets The Vine Cancun (Adults Only)
- Sun Palace Couples Only All Inclusive
- Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancún - All Inclusive - Adults Only
- Grand Oasis Cancun - All Inclusive
- Grand Park Royal Luxury Resort Cancun
- The Ritz-Carlton, Cancun
- Omni Cancun Hotel & Villas All Inclusive
- Dreams Sands Cancun Resort & Spa
- Grand Sens Cancun
- Secrets Playa Mujeres Golf Spa Resort All Inclusive
- The Pyramid at Grand Oasis
- Atelier Playa Mujeres All Inclusive
- Dreams Vista Cancun Golf & Spa Resort - All Inclusive
- Majestic Elegance Costa Mujeres – All Inclusive
- Iberostar Selection Cancun All Inclusive
- Planet Hollywood Cancun Beach Resort
4 Star Hotels
- Oleo Cancun Playa Boutique Resort
- Panama Jack Resorts Cancun
- Temptation Cancun Resort All Inclusive Adult-Only
- Crown Paradise Club - All Inclusive
- Golden Parnassus Resort and Spa All Inclusive (Adults Only)
- Krystal Cancun
- Sunset Marina Resort & Yacht Club - All Inclusive
- Beachscape Kin Ha Villas & Suites
- Grand Oasis Palm
- Flamingo Cancun Resort
- Cancun Bay Resort
- Aloft Cancun by Marriott
- Hotel NYX Cancun
- Oasis Palm Hotel All Inclusive
- Royal Solaris Cancun All Inclusive
- Emporio Cancun
- Smart Cancun by Oasis
- Aquamarina Beach Resort
- All Ritmo Cancun Resort and Waterpark
- Park Royal Beach Cancun - All Inclusive
3 Star Hotels
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes
Prices last checked at 22:41 12 April 2021