The Canary Islands are famed for their dramatic volcanic scenery and bustling beach resorts. Top that off with world-class surfing, heady Spanish culture and all-year-round sunshine.
With average daily temperatures of 24ºC, it’s no surprise that holidays in the Canary Islands are popular throughout the year. The archipelago off Africa’s Atlantic coastline is made up of seven main volcanic isles, each with its own set of allures. Wannabe surfers will be in their element thanks to incredible swells, while R&R is made simple at ocean-side resorts, sleepy seaside villages and secluded sandy coves.
Outdoor adventures in the Canary Islands
For fans of the great outdoors, Canary Islands holidays offer ample opportunity to enjoy fresh sea air and the great outdoors.
The deep craters and lava flows of Lanzarote’s Timanfaya National Park are otherworldly, while Tenerife’s craggy cliffs provide miles of hiking routes with uninterrupted sea views. There’s also plenty of scope for water sports, from windsurfing adventures in Fuerteventura to snorkelling expeditions off the coast of Gran Canaria.
Why book Canary Islands holidays
Discover the best beaches
From rich golden sands and rolling dunes to impressive black lava beaches
Perfect for watersports
The islands boast world-class surf spots
Lush natural wonders
A mix of volcanic scenery, golden dunes, subtropical greenery & lush mountain tops
Cultural hotspot not to miss
Visit La Laguna’s historic Old Quarter
Great national parks
Climb up Tenerife’s Mount Teide or visit Lanzarote's volcanic Timanfaya National Park
Rest & relaxation
Popular yoga & meditation retreat
Butter-soft sand beaches and backdrops of volcanoes and laurel forests await on holidays to Tenerife. Ideal for adventure-seekers, the island …From £144 per person
Epic volcanic landscapes and artistic landmarks are just some of the highlights of holidays in Lanzarote. The sun-soaked isle is …From £161 per person
Breezy conditions and epic waves make Fuerteventura a hotspot for windsurfing and water sports. Prefer to keep your feet firmly …From £172 per person
Gran Canaria’s incredible diversity has earned its reputation as a continent in miniature. From dazzling beaches to volcanic craters and …From £148 per person
Lose yourself in the Canary Islands’ calmest corner on holidays in La Palma, where sky-high volcanoes and forest-smothered national parks …From £243 per person
La Gomera is one of the quieter Canary Islands. It attracts nature lovers from across the world due to its …From £257 per person
Top resorts in Canary Islands
Playa de las Americas
Safe swimming beaches and the best nightlife scene in the Canary Islands are what you have to look forward to …From £197 per person
Blue Flag beaches, boutique hotels and brilliant day trips make Costa Adeja holidays a cut above your average Canary Islands …From £166 per person
Puerto del Carmen
A thriving resort town on the Spanish island of Lanzarote, holidays in Puerto del Carmen offer an irresistible slice of …From £187 per person
Costa del Silencio
Peaceful by name and peaceful by nature, your relaxing island getaway awaits on holidays in Costa del Silencio. Live life in …From £152 per person
Caleta de Fuste
Beloved by sun worshippers, sea splashers and thrill seekers, holidays in Caleta de Fuste are a Fuerteventura favourite. Searching for …From £172 per person
A relaxed vibe and myriad of beautiful beaches make Costa Teguise holidays perfect for some winter sun. The resort is …From £175 per person
Join the millions of customers finding better value holidays
Search your way
Enter as much or as little information as you’d like. You don’t have to know where or when you’re going to see our best prices
Compare deals quickly
We search through 1000s of flight and hotel combinations to bring you the best offers within seconds
Instantly see prices for each day
Save money by quickly finding the cheapest days to travel
Your guide to Canary Islands holidays
Top 5 things to do in the Canary Islands
Whether you’re visiting with kids or enjoying a romantic couple’s holiday in the Canary Islands, there’s lots to keep you occupied.
- The Canaries are famed for their volcanic activity. Visit the eerie landscapes of Lanzarote’s Timanfaya National Park or venture to Tenerife to awe at Mount Teide - Spain’s highest mountain and one of the largest volcanoes on the planet!
- Wannabe windsurfers will be in their element in Fuerteventura. The second largest of the Canary Islands, it boasts awesome waves and consistently breezy conditions perfect for water sports.
- For a dose of Canarian culture, visit Tenerife in February. The island’s Santa Cruz resort comes alive for three weeks with its world-famous carnival.
- Kids and adults alike will enjoy a day out at Siam Park. The award-winning water park is located on Lanzarote and hosts the largest selection of Thai-inspired buildings outside Thailand!
- Magnificent scenery and picturesque beaches are easy to find on farther-flung La Palma. Its main town, Santa Cruz de la Palma, is also extremely charming. Picture cobbled streets and colourful wooden houses.
Natural highlights of the Canary Islands
From volcanic peaks to UNESCO World Biospheres, Canary Island holidays are perfect for those keen to immerse themselves in nature.
- Pull on some walking boots and head for La Gomera. The second smallest of the Canary Islands, it’s criss-crossed with walking trails which wind their way past rocky beaches and quaint mountain villages.
- Lanzarote is no stranger to dramatic landscapes. El Golfo on the west coast is home to the Green Lagoon - an unusual sea lake turned green due to the unusual algae who live within it.
- If you fancy a break from dramatic volcanic backdrops, La Palma is abundant in more verdant scenery. Los Tilos Forest was declared a UNESCO World Biosphere in 2002 and it’s dripping in giant ferns and ancient laurel trees.
- For an up-close encounter with marine mammals, book an ethical whale and dolphin watching tour off Tenerife’s coastline.
- Gran Canaria’s natural diversity has earned it the nickname the “Continent in Miniature”. Chill out on Maspalomas’s vast sand dunes or drive inland to lofty Pico de Las Nieves for epic vistas.
What our local experts say
A quick and easy guide to Fuerteventura
Ah, the sunny Canary Islands… where the beaches are sandy, the fun never ends and the sun is forever shining. One island in particular is known for making waves. Yep! We’re talking about none other than stunning Fuerteventura (which is a Biosphere and Starlight Reserve declared by UNESCO!). Find ...Continue reading
The Canaries: the ultimate year-round holiday destination
We always say the Canary Islands are the perfect year-round destination. Why? Well, the sun is always shining in these islands! So, whether it’s a summer holiday or a dose of winter sun, the Canaries are always a good choice. But what about the rest of the year? Find ...
5 reasons why a Gran Canaria holiday will make you ...
Family holiday? Couples retreat? A catch up abroad with your mates? It doesn’t matter what the occasion is or who you’re travelling with, Gran Canaria is the place to be! Plus, if you’re looking for a dose of optimism or a spring in your step, a holiday ...
Most popular Canary Islands hotels
- Caleta de Fuste
- La Oliva
Canary Islands weather
Your Canary Islands questions answered
The Canary Islands’ temperate climate makes the region a brilliant year-round destination. Spring and autumn are prime times for a visit as beach resorts are less busy yet temperatures are still high. February is also perfect for soaking up Spanish culture at Tenerife’s carnival.
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes
Prices last checked at 11:53 26 February 2021