USD: United States dollar
California holidays 2021
From the bright lights of Hollywood to sun-kissed beaches and the world’s tallest trees, the Golden State delivers bucket list travel experiences. Dream big when you pack your bags for holidays in California.
A land of movie stars, sweeping coastlines and larger-than-life attractions, California’s breathtaking diversity makes it one of the world’s top holiday destinations. Take dazzling city breaks to Los Angeles or San Francisco. Thrill the kids with a trip to Disneyland Park and soak up the sun in Malibu. Along the way, discover famous landmarks like the Hollywood sign, the Golden Gate Bridge and Hearst Castle.
Explore natural wonders
The glitz and glamour of California is a huge drawcard, but nature puts on a show to match. Discover the Joshua Tree National Park and visit the mighty Yosemite Falls. The Sequoia National Forest is home to the giant Sequoia tree and the Big Sur Coastline is a panoramic road trip treat. With warm, dry summers and mild winters, it’s always a good time to live your very own California dream.
Why book California holidays
Top attractions to visit
Golden Gate Bridge, Disneyland, Universal Studios Hollywood, Big Sur
Discover the best beaches
We love Laguna Beach, Carmel Beach and Venice Beach
Great national parks
Lush Yosemite National Park & the sandy Death Valley National Park are both here
Hit the nightlife & bar scene
Enjoy all-night dancing in California's sizzling nightlife scene
Cultural hotspot not to miss
How about some celeb spotting on the Hollywood Walk of Fame?
Go on a road trip
There's too much to explore in sunny California to stay in just one place
Top resorts in California
If you’re looking at American destinations for your holidays in 2021, take a look at Los Angeles, or ‘La La …From £466 per person
San Francisco is the capital of NorCal tourism. The city has a number of legendary sights to see and its …From £507 per person
Known as the home of the happiest place on Earth, you can't go to Anaheim without bumping into some aspect …From £558 per person
Buena Park in California, USAFrom £552 per person
Inglewood in California, USAFrom £538 per person
Long Beach in California, USAFrom £570 per person
Join the millions of customers finding better value holidays
Search your way
Enter as much or as little information as you’d like. You don’t have to know where or when you’re going to see our best prices
Compare deals quickly
We search through 1000s of flight and hotel combinations to bring you the best offers within seconds
Instantly see prices for each day
Save money by quickly finding the cheapest days to travel
Your guide to California holidays
Top 10 things to do
Whether you’re travelling with the kids, taking a romantic break or embarking on a solo trip, package holidays in California offer non-stop action and adventure.
- Downtown San Diego is home to the USS Midway Museum. Displayed within America’s longest-serving aircraft carrier, audio tours, flight simulators and resorted aircraft offer fascinating insights into the region’s military history.
- Resting high above Brentwood in the Santa Monica Mountains, the Getty Center hosts a renowned collection of paintings, sculptures, fine art exhibitions and lush gardens.
- The iconic Santa Monica Pier was constructed in 1909 and features a postcard-worthy Ferris wheel overlooking the Pacific Ocean. Spend a day enjoying amusement park rides, restaurants and marine exhibits.
- Tour the former cell house of notorious convicts, like Al Capone, on Alcatraz Island. Better known as ‘The Rock’, the prison was open for 29 years and became famous for failed escape attempts.
- Soaring 227 metres high and resplendent in red-orange paint, the Golden Gate Bridge is one of the globe’s most celebrated landmarks. Walk across the bridge and discover history at the Golden Gate Bridge Welcome Center.
- Cypress trees, mansions and golf courses line the coast along 17-Mile Drive. Take a road trip, cycle or walk to explore beaches and spot harbour seals.
- San Diego’s Balboa Park is a lush oasis filled with family-friendly activities. Visit 17 museums and the San Diego Zoo amid stunning gardens.
- The original Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure Park combine at Disneyland Resort in Anaheim. Find all your favourite characters, rides and shows at the fantasy theme park.
- Delve into movie magic at Universal Studios Hollywood. You’ll go behind the scenes at a working studio, ride thrilling roller coasters and discover the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.
- Walk up one of America’s most crooked streets, in San Francisco. Lombard Street features sharp, hilly turns lined with landscaped gardens and majestic mansions.
Beaches in California
Surf, swim, stroll and spot incredible sunsets on a California beach that’s perfect for you.
- Orange County’s Laguna Beach offers no less than 36 stretches of sand for barefoot days in the sun. Main Beach is the star of the show, with grassy lawns, volleyball courts and restaurants overlooking the ocean.
- Cypress trees frame the sparkling blue water and white sand of Carmel Beach. Surf during the day and dine at charming eateries in town, before heading back to the beach for truly romantic sunsets.
- The famous Hotel del Coronado sets the scene at Coronado Beach. It’s a favourite among families in San Diego, with calm water and plenty of space for sandcastles. After taking in the sunset, stay for dinner at charming bistros.
- Enjoy arcade games, a wooden roller coaster and corn dogs on the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk. Beach-hop around this relaxed coastal town to find tidal pools, legendary surf breaks and hiking trails.
- Street performers and eccentric locals add to the colourful atmosphere along the Venice Beach boardwalk. After fun on the beach, discover the charming cottages in the Venice Canal Historic District.
- To get off the beaten path, visit Pfeiffer Beach in the Big Sur area. Crashing waves surround the natural arch of Keyhole Rock, purple sand from garnet rocks and tidal pools.
Most popular California hotels
- Los Angeles
Your California questions answered
If you’re flying into Los Angeles or San Diego from London, the flight time is around 11 hours. Flights to San Francisco take about 10 and a half hours.
Places to go
Looking for somewhere for a holiday in the USA?
- Beverly Hills
- Buena Park
- California Wine Country
- Central Valley
- Garden Grove
- Laguna Beach
- Lancaster (California)
- Long Beach
- Los Angeles
- Mammoth Lakes
- Palm Springs
- Pismo Beach
- Redondo Beach
- Redwood City
- San Bruno
- San Diego
- San Francisco
- San Jose Silicon Valley
- San Luis Obispo
- San Simeon
- Santa Barbara
- Santa Clara (California)
- Santa Monica
- South Lake Tahoe
- South San Francisco
- Venice Beach
- West Hollywood
- Yosemite National Park
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes
Prices last checked at 18:37 27 January 2021