All about Cala d'Or holidays 2021
Summer holidays to Cala d’Or promise glitz and glamour by the sea with ample sunshine. Perched on the southeast coast of Majorca, this bustling resort has everything you need for a fun-filled island escape.
Five different and distinct calas (coves) make up the resort of Cala d’Or, where a craggy coastline has created a series of inlets where the water is calm and gloriously clear. The fabulous climate makes this an ideal place for sweltering summer holidays, and it’s a brilliant base from which to explore the surrounding Majorcan countryside.
Nature in Cala d’Or
Holidays to Cala d’Or offer an opportunity to see some of the Balearics’ most beautiful landscapes, and closest is the Mondrago Natural Park, a protected area to the west of the resort. Here, lovely sheltered coves and white-sand beaches pepper the coastline, but the highlight is the wetlands. Migratory birds can be spotted here during the spring, such as nightingales, stone curlews, crossbills and firecrests.
Why book Cala Dor holidays
Discover the best beaches
We love the charming beaches hiding in the sandy coves here
Try the local wine
Indulge in some wine with a view in the waterfront bars
Top attractions to visit
Head to Santueri Castle for the epic east coast views
Lush natural wonders
Go back to nature and discover the beaches of Mondragó Natural Park
The resort offers plenty of family-friendly watersports
Golf? Head to the 18-hole golf course at Vall d’Or, only a short drive away
Join the millions of customers finding better value holidays
Search your way
Enter as much or as little information as you’d like. You don’t have to know where or when you’re going to see our best prices
Compare deals quickly
We search through 1000s of flight and hotel combinations to bring you the best offers within seconds
Instantly see prices for each day
Save money by quickly finding the cheapest days to travel
Your guide to Cala Dor holidays
Top 5 things to do in Cala d'Or
For a relatively small resort, this place packs in plenty of variety. Holidays to Cala d’Or are bound to leave you with lasting memories.
- Shop til you drop at Avinguda Tagomago, where luxury and high-street shops line the leafy main street. You’ll find one-off items and quality leather goods in its independent boutiques.
- Surrounded by the sea, it’s no surprise that Cala d’Or has some excellent watersports on offer. Windsurfing, paddle boarding and sailing are all thrilling activities here.
- Stroll around the marina, where luxury yachts and gorgeous boats bob about on Cala d’Or’s sparkling waters, and cafes and restaurants serve up good coffee and cocktails.
- Take a sailing trip along the coast of Majorca. Sail boats leave the marina for serene cruises along the gorgeous coastline here, stopping in secret, secluded coves for swimming and snorkelling.
- Majorca is a golfer’s paradise, with good weather year-round offering ample time for putting and pitching on the fairways. Just outside Cala d’Or, Golfschule Robinson Club driving range is great while Vall D'or Golf has a lovely, leafy 18-holes.
Day trips from Cala d'Or
This resort is a brilliant place from which to explore the rest of Majorca. Hire a car or take a taxi to some of the island’s most exciting places.
- Spend a day in Palma. The Majorcan capital is a beautiful, historic city with a gargantuan Gothic cathedral, pretty plazas and enthralling art galleries galore.
- Spend a day out in Colònia de Sant Jordi, just 27km west of Cala d’Or. A vibrant seaside town with a history of salt production. Visit the salt lakes and purchase some different flavours to take home.
- Take a boat to the island of Cabrera, a national marine park where the snorkelling is spectacular in its seriously secluded, remote coves.
- Head out into the countryside to visit the Sanctuary of Sant Salvador, a hilltop church with spectacular views of the surrounding hills.
- Get out into the hills and mountains beyond Cala d’Or by hiring a bike from Marimonte Bikes & Watersports. Road, mountain and even electric bikes are on offer so you can spend a day exploring on two wheels.
Most popular Cala Dor hotels
- Cala d'Or
Cala d'Or weather
Your Cala d'Or questions answered
Top Cala Dor hotels
4 Star Hotels
3 Star Hotels
- Barcelo Ponent Playa Hotel
- Sol Cala D Or Apartments
- Gavimar Cala Gran Costa Del Sur Hotel & Resort
- Hotel Palia Puerto del Sol
- Blue Sea Es Bolero Aparthotel
- Blue Sea Ses Cases d'Or Aparthotel
- Cala Ferrera
- Cala D'Or Gardens Primasol Hotel
- Cala d'Or Playa Apartments
- Gavimar la Mirada Club Resort
- Hotel Palia Dolce Farniente
- Playa Ferrera Aparthotel
- Apartments Parque Mar
- Ses Puntetes
- Gavimar Ariel Chico Club & Resort
- Hotel Club Calimera es Talaial
- Ona Village Cala d'Or
2 Star Hotels
1 Star Hotels
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes
Prices last checked at 00:17 26 January 2021