Cadiz Holidays 2021
Cadiz is one of the most beautiful and historically rich regions in Spain, made up of ornate mansions, picturesque churches, scenic plazas, and exciting streets to explore. Believed to be the oldest continually inhabited settlement in Europe, this ancient region is not only fascinating, but also has great weather!
Cadiz holidays transport you to a world of historic monuments and museums, gorgeous beaches, delicious cuisine, and warm, welcoming Mediterranean hospitality. There’s lots to see and do here, including Catedral de Cadiz, Castillo de San Sebastian, and the Torre Tavira, with great city views.
There’s never a bad time of year to enjoy a luxury self-catering escape, while Cadiz all inclusive holidays can see you staying in some of the most stunning all inclusive Spanish hotels. With temperatures reaching around 30 degrees in the summer, and staying pleasantly warm over winter, Cadiz can be enjoyed at any time.
Book with confidence
Why book Cadiz holidays
Top attractions to visit
Visit stunning Castle of San Sebastián & Cádiz Cathedral
Discover the best beaches
We love the golden sands of Playa La Caleta
Lush natural wonders
Parque Genovés is a lush waterfront park you have to visit
Your guide to Cadiz holidays
There are lots of things to do in Cadiz, with many of the region’s top attractions focused on honouring and celebrating the rich history of the area, which boasts mazes of cobbled alleys and classic architecture.
- The Museo de Cadiz is the region’s most popular museum, featuring an entire floor dedicated to important archaeological discoveries made here, including Roman and Phoenician-era relics. There’s also a floor showcasing local artwork and masterpieces, as well as an entire section dedicated to puppets!
- Another fantastic attraction is the Catedral de Cadiz; a stunning cathedral that stands out for its vibrant yellow-tinted domes. It’s one of the region’s best examples of neoclassical-baroque style architecture, and if you head up to the Torre de Poniente watchtower, you’ll be rewarded with amazing city views.
- No holiday to Cadiz would be complete without a spot of flamenco dancing! Pena Flamenca la Perla is the best place to learn the art, with this charming little venue hosting dance sessions most Fridays at 10pm. It’s a great place, with a great atmosphere, giving you a true insight into Spanish tradition.
- If you’re lucky enough to be visiting Cadiz during Carnival in late February / early March, you’ll see a completely different side to this ancient region. This is when Cadiz really comes to life, with live music in the streets, dancing, and all sorts of food and drink. Carnival is a great time to visit.
Cadiz is home to some of the best beaches in Andalucia, surrounded by quaint coastal towns, hidden coves, and sandy bays. You can even book hotels in Cadiz on the beach, staying close to the action.
- One of the biggest beaches in Cadiz is Bolonia Beach, with nearly 4km of golden sands. Located close to Tarafia, Spain’s southernmost city, the idyllic, untamed beach is a haven for windsurfers, and is famous for its 30m tall sand dune, known as Duna de Bolonia, from where you can see Africa on a clear day.
- Zahara de los Atunes is another popular beach, with Los Alemanes Beach being incorporated into the area to form one giant beach paradise. Situated on the edge of a mountain, this is a top beach for watersports, with the levante wind blowing almost all the time for fantastic surfing conditions.
- For a more postcard-perfect beachfront, head to the manicured beaches of the Canos de Meca district, where you’ll find Cabo de Trafalgar and Faro de Trafalgar. Located in the Costa de la Luz — the coast of light — these beaches are beautiful, sunny havens of relaxation where you can simply chill and unwind.
Your Cadiz questions answered
Cities in Greece and Bulgaria are understood to be slightly older than Cadiz, with Bulgaria’s Plovdiv dating from the 4th century BC. However, it’s believed that Cadiz is the oldest city to be constantly inhabited.
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes
Prices last checked at 13:39 5 March 2021