Cheap Cabarete Holidays
Popular with windsurfers and kitesurfers from around the world, this small village has an international feel, a laidback atmosphere and a reputation as something of a party town.
With its gorgeous beaches, exhilarating waves and friendly crowd, holidays to Cabarete are all about taking some time out to really get into the spirit of island life.
Planning your cheap holiday to Cabarete in the Dominican Republic but need some quick tips? loveholidays.com can give you some inspiration on what to see and do on this beautiful Caribbean island.
- The main beach runs for a few kilometres, lined with palm trees and a sparkling ocean.
- The main street runs along the coastline but the beach remains quiet and hidden from it.
- The water reaches 30 degrees, perfect swimming temperature and the coral reef is beautiful to snorkel around in its shallow waters.
- It is not unusual to see waves of 10-14 feet on the edge of the bay, making it a perfect location for anyone wanting to catch some waves!
Activities in Cabarete
- It was discovered in the '70s that the shape of Cabarete Bay makes it perfect for windsurfing, so if this is your thing then be sure to give it a go!
- If you are feeling a little more adventurous then why not try kiteboarding, a mix of surfing and windsurfing with a kite attached?
- If you fancy a day off from sunbathing or sea-based activities, you can visit the national park right behind the town, to really experience the natural beauty of this area.
Dining out in Cabarete
- There are a few restaurants where you will find local musicians playing all night, giving the place a great atmosphere.
- Visit the Cabarete Coffee Co. for real coffee from local growers to get a quality caffeine fix.
- Be sure to taste some of the local seafood while dining at a beachfront café or restaurant.
Discover Cabarete beaches
Although often named the adventure sports capital of the Dominican Republic, there is much more on offer in Cabarete than just surfing. Explore the surrounding countryside and the peaceful lagoon, ride horses on the beach at sunset or take a boat trip to look for humpback whales out in the bay. Aside from kite and windsurfing, those in search of an adrenaline boost can enjoy canyoning, mountain biking and rock climbing, while the dramatic expanse of Parque Nacional del Este – with its limestone cliffs, mangrove swamps and ancient cave paintings – is a great place for a hike.
Beach holidays in Cabarete are popular with thrill-seekers and sun-seekers alike, with Kite Beach and Bozo Beach the most popular stretches of sand. For something a bit more secluded, you can take a trip out to Playa Caleton, an almost deserted white sand beach by a quiet lagoon. In the evenings, the young crowd of Cabarete comes to life and there are plenty of opportunities to eat, drink and dance into the early hours. There are many restaurants and cafés to choose from serving delicious fresh local cuisine, and you can wash it all down with a Presidente or mojito in one of Cabarete's many relaxed beach bars.
Cheap holidays to Cabarete
Book your cheap Cabarete holiday today!