HUF: Hungarian forint
Budapest weekends & short breaks
Blending tradition, history and entertainment hotspots, holidays in Budapest are a feast for the senses. Marvel at the city’s architecture, enjoy its natural treasures or party at one of its numerous ruin bars.
Straddling the Danube River, Budapest is made up of three separate cities. Buda and Obuda on the west side of the river and Pest on the east. Considered by many to be the most beautiful city in Europe, Budapest has three areas with UNESCO World Heritage status: the Buda Castle district, the banks of the Danube River and the scenic Andrassy Avenue.
Natural thermal baths in Budapest
Often referred to as the City of Spas, Budapest is home to over 115 thermal springs, which supply the city with around 70 million litres of water each day. The most famous of Budapest’s medical baths are the Gellert Baths and the Szechenyi Baths, both of which offer opulent surroundings, thermal pools, as well as steam and massage rooms.
Why book Budapest holidays
Explore the city
Check out the gorgeous Buda Castle, next to the Danube River
Visit the iconic Heroes' Square which commemorates leaders of those who founded the country
Fine dining scene
Sample traditional Hungarian cuisine in the capital's best restaurants
Popular with couples
Walk the Chain Bridge in the evenings for extra added romance
Art & culture
Go to the opera or watch an enthralling ballet show
Cultural hotspot not to miss
The city's thermal baths are a must-try experience
Join the millions of customers finding better value holidays
Search your way
Enter as much or as little information as you’d like. You don’t have to know where or when you’re going to see our best prices
Compare deals quickly
We search through 1000s of flight and hotel combinations to bring you the best offers within seconds
Instantly see prices for each day
Save money by quickly finding the cheapest days to travel
Your guide to Budapest holidays
Top 5 things to do in Budapest
Looking for a mix of breathtaking architecture, rich history and spectacular vistas. You will find them on holidays in Budapest.
- The most iconic landmark of Budapest, the Buda Castle towers over the city from its perch on Castle Hill. Dating back to the 13th century, the UNESCO World Heritage Site houses the Hungarian National Gallery and the Budapest History Museum.
- After a busy afternoon of sightseeing, take a stroll around Budapest’s City Park. The area is home to the opulent Vajdahunyad Castle and one of the world’s biggest sand timers.
- Walk across the Szechenyi Chain Bridge that connects the Buda and Pest banks of the Danube River. Dating back to 1849, the bridge is not only architecturally interesting but offers lovely views of the city.
- The Neo-Classical Stephen’s Basilica is Budapest’s largest and most important church. The highlights here include a 96-meter-high dome and a glass case with the mummified hand of the church’s patron saint and former King of Hungary, St Stephen.
- Take in the stunning panoramas of the city from the Fisherman’s Bastion on Castle Hill. The Neo-Romanesque terraces were constructed between 1895 and 1902 to commemorate 1,000 years of the Hungarian state.
Nature in Budapest
After a busy day of sightseeing, check out Budapest’s pockets of greenery for a well-deserved dose of nature.
- Scattered around the Buda side of the city, the Buda Hills are criss-crossed with numerous hiking trails and biking paths. Take a relaxing stroll in the woods or marvel at the panoramas of the city below.
- Nestled between Buda and Pest on the Danube River, the 1.5-mile Margaret Island provides a tranquil getaway in the middle of Budapest. Explore the rose garden, check out the musical fountain or visit the residents of the island’s small zoo.
- Running along the Pest side of the Danube River, the promenade is a great vantage point from which to admire Europe’s longest river and the major landmarks on the Buda side of the city.
- There are over 200 caves under Budapest, each with fascinating geological formations. The most beautiful and challenging cave to visit is Palvolgyi.
What our local experts say
Why we love Budapest
Budapest city breaks are truly something to fall in love with. This majestic city has so much to offer its visitors from stunning architecture, outdoor thermal baths and a wonderfully unique nightlife. Walk around Budapest, discover its amazing sights and you’ll want to come back again. If you haven ...Continue reading
The cheapest city break destinations for a last minute holiday
A city break is a fantastic way for getting your holiday fix when you’re short of time or just feel like getting away from the daily grind for a few days. And thanks to our great last minute city break deals at loveholidays, a short break doesn’t have ...
Top 8 cheap holiday destinations for couples
Want a romantic holiday on a budget? Feel like bask on a stunning beach somewhere hot? Or fancy exploring a new city with your partner? Whatever you’re looking for, we’ve got you covered! You don’t need to break the bank to enjoy an unforgettable holiday for two ...
Most popular Budapest hotels
Your Budapest questions answered
For the most comfortable weather, visit Budapest in spring from March to May and autumn from September to November.
Top Budapest hotels
5 Star Hotels
4 Star Hotels
- Trendy Deluxe Apartments
- Regnum Residence
- Hotel Palazzo Zichy
- Marmara Hotel Budapest
- Buda Castle Hotel
- Bliss Hotel And Wellness
- Hotel Clark Budapest- Adults Only
- Lions Garden Hotel
- Boutique Hotel Budapest
- Prestige Hotel Budapest
- Green Hotel Budapest
- Soho Boutique Hotel
- Estilo Fashion Hotel
- Arcadia Hotel Budapest
- City Inn
- Expo Congress Hotel
- Continental Hotel Budapest
- Aquaworld Resort Budapest
- K+K Hotel Opera Budapest
- Exe Carlton Budapest
- Hotel Parlament
- Comfort Apartments
- Three corners Bristol Hotel
- Corvin Center Suites
- Hotel Moments Budapest
- Royal Park Boutique Hotel
- Hotel Museum Budapest
- Mercure Budapest City Center Hotel
- Hotel Castle Garden
- Vagabond Broadway
- Vagabond Corvin
- Bo33 Hotel Family & Suites
- Hotel Rum Budapest
- Di Verdi Imperial Hotel
- Mirage Medic Hotel
3 Star Hotels
- Prince Apartments
- Fortuna Boat Hotel and Restaurant
- Star City Hotel
- Bo18 Hotel Superior
- City Hotel Unio Superior
- Nova Apartments
- City Hotel Ring
- Star Inn Hotel Budapest Centrum
- Hotel Charles
- City Hotel Matyas
- ibis Styles Budapest City
- King's Hotel
- Central Hotel 21
- Silver Hotel Budapest City Center
- Hotel Benczur
- City Hotel Budapest - Aparthotel
- OnRiver Hotels - MS Cezanne
- Grand Jules - Boat Hotel
- Corvin Plaza Apartments and Suites
- Triple M Hotel
- D8 Hotel
- Smart Hotel Budapest
2 Star Hotels
1 Star Hotels
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes
Prices last checked at 04:50 19 January 2021