HUF: Hungarian forint
Budapest weekends & short breaks 2020
Budapest is a city rich in history, clad with streets of stunning royal architecture and home to world-famous thermal pools.
Beyond the city’s deep history rests a love of art and music which manifests itself in the crazy ruin bars and street festivals that run throughout the summer.
What type of holiday does Budapest offer?
Some of the most important landmarks in Budapest include the Hungarian Parliament building, a stunning architectural behemoth that sits next to the Danube; the shoes on the Danube, a sobering art piece to commemorate those shot on the river side in WWII; the Szechenyi bridge which connects Buda with Pest, and where you can see some of the best views in town.
Budapest is rich in political history , and you will see remnants of this throughout the city. Not only that, it’s famous for its wealth of thermal pools, which are fed by around 120 hot springs. You can even sit in a thermal bath on the roof top and watch the city go by!
Budapest Ferenc Liszt International Airport is around a 15-minute journey by train into central Budapest or 40 minutes by car.
Budapest is great for:
- City breaks - Budapest is surrounded by some of Europe’s most exciting cities, including Vienna and Prague, making it an ideal short break as you can hire a car and see some spectacular sights.
- Cheap holiday - Budapest is a great city if you are on a budget. You can eat and drink well for a reasonable cost and the metro, buses and trams result in a good public transport network, meaning you can get around for a great price.
Why book Budapest holidays
Explore the city
Check out the gorgeous Buda Castle, next to the Danube River
Visit the iconic Heroes' Square which commemorates leaders of those who founded the country
Fine dining scene
Sample traditional Hungarian cuisine in the capital's best restaurants
Popular with couples
Walk the Chain Bridge in the evenings for extra added romance
Art & culture
Go to the opera or watch an enthralling ballet show
Cultural hotspot not to miss
The city's thermal baths are a must-try experience
Join the millions of customers finding better value holidays
Search your way
Enter as much or as little information as you’d like. You don’t have to know where or when you’re going to see our best prices
Compare deals quickly
We search through 1000s of flight and hotel combinations to bring you the best offers within seconds
Instantly see prices for each day
Save money by quickly finding the cheapest days to travel
Your guide to Budapest holidays
Top places to visit in Budapest
Consistently cited as one of the most beautiful cities in Europe, Budapest weekend breaks offer its visitors reams and reams of cultural attractions on its list of things to do.
- The Museum of Fine Arts - The most visited art gallery in Budapest, home to over 100,000 pieces of work!
- House of Terror - Full of exhibits on communist and fascist regimes in 20th-century Hungary.
- Buda Castle - located on the Buda side of the Danube River and resides in the central area of the city which is classified as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Hungarian Parliament - A typical Gothic style building, it includes a visitors' center.
- Szechenyi Chain Bridge - The most iconic bridge in Budapest, which is lit up at night.
The best time to visit Budapest
The best time to for a Budapest holiday would be during the shoulder seasons of March to May and September to November. During these times, the weather is mild and pleasant and there are less crowds around the city. The summer months of July and August usually enjoy the hottest weather for Budapest, but also the wettest. It’s also the most popular time for tourists to visit.
What our local experts say
Why we love Budapest
Budapest city breaks are truly something to fall in love with. This majestic city has so much to offer its visitors from stunning architecture, outdoor thermal baths and a wonderfully unique nightlife. Walk around Budapest, discover its amazing sights and you’ll want to come back again. If you haven ...Continue reading
The cheapest city break destinations for a last minute holiday
A city break is a fantastic way for getting your holiday fix when you’re short of time or just feel like getting away from the daily grind for a few days. And thanks to our great last minute city break deals at loveholidays, a short break doesn’t have ...
Top 8 cheap holiday destinations for couples
Want a romantic holiday on a budget? Feel like bask on a stunning beach somewhere hot? Or fancy exploring a new city with your partner? Whatever you’re looking for, we’ve got you covered! You don’t need to break the bank to enjoy an unforgettable holiday for two ...
Most popular Budapest hotels
Your Budapest questions answered
Many travellers enjoy their stay in the Hungarian capital. In fact, the city is increasingly popular for short European breaks. Stunning architecture, intriguing history, unique nightlife and the all-important baths make Budapest one of a kind and more than just a good city to visit!
All hotels in Budapest
5 Star Hotels in Budapest
4 Star Hotels in Budapest
- Ensana Grand Margaret Island
- Ensana Thermal Margaret Island
- Trendy Deluxe Apartments
- Regnum Residence
- Hotel Palazzo Zichy
- Marmara Hotel Budapest
- Buda Castle Fashion Hotel
- Bliss Hotel And Wellness
- Hotel Clark Budapest- Adults Only
- Lions Garden Hotel
- Boutique Hotel Budapest
- Prestige Hotel Budapest
- Green Hotel Budapest
- Soho Boutique Hotel
- Estilo Fashion Hotel
- Arcadia Hotel Budapest
- City Inn
- Expo Congress Hotel
- Continental Hotel Budapest
- Aquaworld Resort Budapest
- Lanchid 19 Design Hotel
- K+K Hotel Opera Budapest
- Exe Carlton Budapest
- Hotel Parlament
- Comfort Apartments
- Three corners Bristol Hotel
- Corvin Center Suites
- Hotel Moments Budapest
- Royal Park Boutique Hotel
- Hotel Museum Budapest
- Mercure Budapest City Center Hotel
- Hotel Castle Garden
- Vagabond Broadway
- Vagabond Corvin
- Bo33 Hotel Family & Suites
- Hotel Rum Budapest
- Di Verdi Imperial Hotel
- Mirage Medic Hotel
3 Star Hotels in Budapest
- Prince Apartments
- Fortuna Boat Hotel and Restaurant
- Star City Hotel
- Bo18 Hotel Superior
- City Hotel Unio Superior
- Nova Apartments
- City Hotel Ring
- Star Inn Hotel Budapest Centrum, by Comfort
- Hotel Charles
- City Hotel Matyas
- ibis Styles Budapest City
- King's Hotel
- Central Hotel 21
- Silver Hotel Budapest City Center
- Hotel Benczur
- City Hotel Budapest - Aparthotel
- OnRiver Hotels - MS Cezanne
- Grand Jules - Boat Hotel
- Corvin Plaza Apartments and Suites
- Triple M Hotel
- D8 Hotel
- Smart Hotel Budapest
2 Star Hotels in Budapest
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes