BGN: Bulgarian lev
Borovets holidays 2021
Bulgaria’s oldest ski resort, Borovets sits high up in the beautiful Rila Mountains. It’s famously good-value both on and off the piste, with one of the best apres ski scenes in Europe.
Most people come on a Borovets holiday for fabulous winter sports. The wide slopes are perfect for beginners, and those not keen on skis can snowboard, toboggan and skidoo their way around the snow. Outside ski season, the resort quietens down, but the mountains continue to weave their magic. Think hiking, biking and lashings of wildflowers.
Après ski in Borovets
Borovets is a town that likes to ski hard then party hard. The resort’s main street buzzes from dusk until the small hours. And with prices much cheaper than other European resorts you can afford to stay out late. Looking for a more traditional night out? Try a restaurant offering live folk music and Horo dancing.
Why book Borovets holidays
Popular for skiing
Borovets is one of Bulgaria's top skiing destinations
Hit the nightlife & bar scene
Whether it's apres-ski or not, Borovets knows how to start a party
If you head to Borovets in the summer, you can try activities like hiking, mountain biking and climbing
Join the millions of customers finding better value holidays
Search your way
Enter as much or as little information as you’d like. You don’t have to know where or when you’re going to see our best prices
Compare deals quickly
We search through 1000s of flight and hotel combinations to bring you the best offers within seconds
Instantly see prices for each day
Save money by quickly finding the cheapest days to travel
Your guide to Borovets holidays
Borovets holidays are all about enjoying the open air, whether you’re into skiing, hiking or wine tasting.
- Borovets ski holidays offer something for everyone. The ski resort has 58 kilometres of pistes, with ski runs from beginner to advanced. Downhill not your bag? There are 10 kilometres of cross-country routes, too.
- The Rila Mountains are Bulgaria’s highest peaks. Strewn with glacial lakes and alpine streams they’re fantastic for hiking. And the local forests hide deer, wild goats and falcons.
- Sore limbs from the slopes? Get to the spa centre in Kotvat. There’s a handful of warm pools and an icy one for the brave. Nearby Sapareva Banya has hot springs and the only active geyser on the Balkan Peninsula.
- It’s a little-known fact that Bulgaria produces some excellent wines. Many hotels and bars offer wine tastings. Or you can take a day trip to tour the wineries of the Thracian Valley.
- For insight into Bulgaria's cultural traditions, check out one of the town’s folklore evenings. Or arrange to visit a local family for home cooking and entertainment.
Outdoor activities in Borovets
Borovets holidays are a treat for nature lovers, even outside ski season. There’s everything from mountain biking to rock climbing.
- The Rila Mountains aren’t short of hiking trails. To give your thighs a serious challenge, tackle Musala Peak. It’s the highest mountain around and the views are well worth the pain.
- Yes, you can go horse riding in a ski resort in winter. It’s usually too icy for a full on canter. But gently trotting through the snow-covered forest is pretty special.
- Borovets ups its mountain biking game in spring and summer. Wear yourself out on steep hillside trails or take it easy along dirt roads. Either way the stunning views will keep you motivated.
- Boroverts is emerging as a year-round destination for adventure seekers. Rock climbing and guided mountaineering are available throughout the area, from spring to autumn.
- To see the countryside James Bond style, opt for a skidoo safari. You’ll whizz through the forests at great speed before returning to town for a warming hot chocolate or raki (local spirit).
Your Borovets questions answered
There’s a wide range of hotels and apartments in Borovets to suit every budget. For a quieter time, stay out of the centre. There are some excellent traditional homestays in the surrounding mountain villages.
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes
Prices last checked at 00:04 26 January 2021