Berlin Holidays & City Breaks 2021
Holidays in Berlin are a history lesson, a wild party and an escape amid nature rolled into one. Admire the city’s stunning architecture, let your hair down at a trendy club or lay down a blanket at one of its numerous parks.
Berlin has come into its own since the fall of the Berlin Wall over 30 years ago. Aside its iconic buildings and Museum Island, the German capital features a multitude of art galleries and edgy watering holes bound to keep revellers happy after dusk. Plus, the city is criss-crossed by an ultra-reliable public transport system to let you make the most of your Berlin city break.
Music scene in Berlin
Once home to such huge names as David Bowie and Iggy Pop, Berlin’s gig scene has been a long time in the making. Today, the capital’s venues pump out a variety of music types, so whether you are into soul, jazz or techno, the city is likely to deliver exactly what you are after.
Why book Berlin holidays
Top city attractions
Brandenburg Gate, Reichstag Building and Berlin Cathedral
Unmissable art scene
East Side Gallery is where Berlin's street art scene is unleashed, check out the amazing work along this section of the Berlin Wall
Sample the local food
Doner kebabs, currywurst and schnitzel are all tasty must-try foods
Must-visit historical sites
Make sure to visit the Berlin Wall Memorial, Checkpoint Charlie and the Holocaust Memorial
Museum Island is a complex of 5 top must-see museums covering everything from art to history
Don't miss Alexanderplatz - Berlin's large public square, great for eating out, shopping and recognised by it's tall iconic tower
Join the millions of customers finding better value holidays
Search your way
Enter as much or as little information as you’d like. You don’t have to know where or when you’re going to see our best prices
Compare deals quickly
We search through 1000s of flight and hotel combinations to bring you the best offers within seconds
Instantly see prices for each day
Save money by quickly finding the cheapest days to travel
Your guide to Berlin holidays
Top 5 things to do in Berlin
With plenty of historic architecture, verdant parks and fascinating museums, holidays in Berlin will leave you spoilt for choice.
- The Neo-Baroque design and elaborate glass dome of the Reichstag building are hard to miss. Currently the meeting place of the German parliament, the building stands as a symbol of a unified Germany.
- Home to the now defunct Tempelhof airport, Tempelhofer Feld is a favourite with joggers, cyclists and picnickers. The 368-hectare park also features basketball courts and a baseball field.
- Pay your respects at the open-air Memorial to the Murdered Jews of Europe. The 2,711 abstract blocks of varying heights are located on the former “death strip,” an area between the two sections that made up the Berlin wall.
- The highlight of Berlin’s Museum of Natural History is the massive skeleton of a Giraffatitan dinosaur from the Jurassic period. Some other of the museum’s exhibits include animal and plant fossils, and an unmissable taxidermy section.
- Snap a photo at Checkpoint Charlie, the former gateway between west and east Berlin. Interestingly, the area has been set up to look just like it did throughout the Cold War.
Nature in Berlin
For such a bustling city, Berlin boasts a surprising number of green spaces. Relax in a city park or venture further afield to dip your toes in one of Brandenburg’s numerous lakes.
- Just west of the Brandenburg Gate, the Tiergarten is peppered with scenic spots and monuments. Don’t miss the Victory Column, a towering structure topped by a 8.3-meter golden sculpture of Victoria.
- For a bit of fun amid natural surroundings, visit Mauerpark. Each Sunday, the park is transformed when a flea market and flocks of buskers take over the area.
- Discover 43 hectares of greenery at the Botanic Garden and Botanical Museum. The park is home to more than 22,000 plant species, such as water lilies, bamboo and cacti.
- Take a stroll along the embankment of Berlin’s Landwehr Canal. Alternatively, buy a beer at a spatkauf, a small streetside store, and enjoy the serenity as you sit on the canal’s verdant banks.
- Just over an hour from Berlin, Brandenburg is known for its 3,000 lakes. Some of the highly rated bodies of water in the area include Schleuse Woltersdorf, Liepnitzsee and Flakensee.
What our local experts say
A European city break bucket list
When it comes to city breaks, Europe knows exactly what to offer. Striking cities brilliantly mixing the old with the new? Stunning coastal places combining the sophistication of a city getaway with the sublime comforts of a beach escape? Yes and yes, again! Quickly add all of the below to ...Continue reading
Most popular Berlin hotels
Your Berlin questions answered
For the best weather, visit Berlin between the months of May and September.
Top Berlin hotels
5 Star Hotels
4 Star Hotels
- Hotel Riu Plaza Berlin
- NH Berlin Alexanderplatz
- NH Berlin City West
- nhow Berlin
- Hotel California Am Kurfuerstendamm
- TWO Hotel Berlin by Axel - Adults Only
- Titanic Chaussee Berlin
- Scandic Berlin Kurfürstendamm
- Vienna House Andel's Berlin
- Leonardo Royal Hotel Berlin Alexanderplatz
- Movenpick Hotel Berlin
- Hotel Berlin, Berlin
- Pestana Berlin Tiergarten
- Hecker's Hotel Kurfürstendamm
- Park Inn by Radisson Berlin Alexanderplatz
- Scandic Berlin Potsdamer Platz
- City Hotel Berlin East
- Select Hotel Berlin Checkpoint Charlie
- Select Hotel Berlin The Wall
- Crowne Plaza Berlin - Potsdamer Platz
- SANA Berlin Hotel
3 Star Hotels
- Centro Park Hotel Berlin-Neukölln
- AZIMUT Hotel Kurfürstendamm Berlin
- Comfort Hotel Berlin Lichtenberg
- Hotel AMANO Grand Central
- Best Western Hotel am Spittelmarkt Berlin
- Hotel Europa City
- Concorde Hotel Am Studio
- TITANIC Comfort Berlin Mitte
- Enjoy Hotel Berlin City Messe
- Vienna House Easy Berlin
- Hampton By Hilton Berlin City Centre Alexanderplatz
- Mark Apart Hotel
- the niu Hide
- Quentin Design Hotel Berlin
2 Star Hotels
1 Star Hotels
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes
Prices last checked at 20:29 26 February 2021