Belfast city breaks
City breaks to Belfast have become more and more popular. If you’re wondering why, the city quite simply has something to please everyone’s tastes. From fantastic shopping opportunities to lively nightlife and even a great range of restaurants for foodies. Also, there’s a whole host of family-friendly activities and days out, plus, plenty of sights to see over a long weekend (or even longer!), including the UNESCO World Heritage Site - Giant’s Causeway, just an hour’s drive away from Belfast.
Not forgetting to mention with a trip to Belfast, you’ll be right on the northern Irish coast too, so you can admire the views of the city’s rugged coastline, as well as a variety of beautiful gardens, art galleries and more! No matter your interests and hobbies, you’ll no doubt fall in love with what Belfast city breaks have to offer.
Things to do in Belfast
You could be travelling with the family, as a couple, with a bunch of your closest friends or solo. The size of your party doesn’t matter, because in Belfast, all of you will have fun with these fun things to see and do.
- Visit Titanic Belfast - opened in 2012, this museum pays homage to Belfast’s maritime heritage, it’s also on site of the former shipyard where the RMS Titanic was built. Walk around and explore a range of exhibitions which let you experience the devastating story of the ship.
- Belfast Castle - set in Cavehill Country Park, this stunning castle includes colourful gardens and picturesque views of the northern Irish capital.
- Botanic Gardens - love walking amongst nature? Or maybe you just have a love for flowers and plants? Either way, the Botanic Gardens is a nice day out! Plus, the Ulster Museum is located at the entrance, so you can enjoy a mixture of history, art and archaeology too.
- Belfast Zoo - families will surely love this day out! With more than 1,200 animals on site, Belfast Zoo introduces you to a wide range of species and makes for a fun day out.
- Peace Wall Belfast - if you enjoy discovering street art, Belfast’s Peace Wall is just what you’d want to add to your itinerary.
As much as there is to do in the daytime, there’s plenty more going on once the night time arrives too. The good news? It’s so easy to get around Belfast, that it won’t take you very long to find a bar or pub to spend the evening. Enjoy rooftop bars like Babel and Perch, go for a Caribbean experience at Revolucion de Cuba or grab a drink at a traditional pub like Duke of York or McHugh’s Bar. If you then feel like upping the ante and going for a dance, there are loads of nightclubs to enjoy, including Alibi and The National.
Join the millions of customers finding better value holidays
Search your way
Enter as much or as little information as you’d like. You don’t have to know where or when you’re going to see our best prices
Compare deals quickly
We search through 1000s of flight and hotel combinations to bring you the best offers within seconds
Instantly see prices for each day
Save money by quickly finding the cheapest days to travel
Most popular Belfast hotels
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes