Glimmering white beaches and stunning shorelines – holidays to Bavaro will reveal you to spectacular surroundings you’re unlikely to forget. This laid-back resort in the Dominican Republic has long been a favourite with holidaymakers, whether they’re seeking a romantic retreat with their other half or a fun-filled family getaway. Its beaches stretch on for miles, offering plenty of places to lay back and soak up the sunshine, while many of its hotels are situated just steps away from the beach. If you don’t fancy spending all your time kicking back and relaxing on the sand, take the opportunity to embark on some of the great activities to be found in this part of Punta Cana.
Adventure and Activities
If it is the intoxicating combination of sun, sand and sea that you’re looking for, you’re sure to find it on Bavaro holidays. Sink your toes in the sand, take time to linger over a drink or two or take a leisurely stroll – there is nothing more relaxing than immersing yourself in the laid-back spirit of the Caribbean. If you tire of the beaches, you’ll find a wealth of activity both on land and in the water. Windsurfing, scuba-diving and sailing are favoured activities of holidaymakers visiting Bavaro. If you fancy delving beneath the water, however, embrace your adventurous side and embark on a diving trip – you’ll uncover a menagerie of marine life beneath the ocean. Those with a liking for sports will find both tennis and golf available on holidays in Bavaro – perfect if you’re looking to expend some excess energy!
Most popular hotels in Bavaro
Catalonia Bávaro Beach, Golf & Casino Resort
Bavaro, Punta Cana
At a glance
- Language: Spanish
- Time Zone: GMT +-4
- Average flight time: 9h 15m
When to go
(°C) Avg. High Temp
Bavaro holiday attractions
Planning to get away on a Bavaro holiday but need some inspiration? On the eastern coast of the Dominican Republic, Bavaro has become a popular resort for laidback holidays in the Caribbean. Loveholidays.com can help you plan on what to see and what to visit on this beautiful Caribbean island.
Beaches in Bavaro
- With year-round sunshine, you can enjoy soaking up those rays, relaxing on some of the best beaches the coastline has to offer and the Punta Cana area of the Dominican Republic has many beaches to choose from.
- Bavaro Beach is considered to be one of the finest in the world. White sand, crystal blue warm water and the gentle waves of the Atlantic Ocean make it the ideal place to drift away and forget your worries.
- The long stretch of tropical beach is protected by coral reef forming a natural swimming pool, particularly good for children who love to explore the marine life in the placid blue sea.
Active holidays in Bavaro
- Snorkelling and scuba diving in the clear coastal waters is one of the most popular pastimes in Bavaro.
- Water sports such as jet-skiing, windsurfing, speedboat, sailing, waterskiing and parasailing.
- For the more adventurous types, beach trails, trips through the jungle forest or buggy tours are available that will take you on an off-road journey through little villages, freshwater caves.
- The White Sands Golf Course, a beautiful 18-hole golf course, for those who are looking to improve their handicap.