Brilliant Barcelona holidays 2020
Holidays to Catalonia’s colourful capital of Barcelona blend seaside bliss with architectural treasures. With history, culture and world-class cuisine, Barcelona’s charm truly knows no bounds.
Gothic facades and ancient walls bask in the Mediterranean sun in Barcelona. That’s what you’ll be doing too on your hot Barcelona holiday – on beaches within easy distance of the city’s famous attractions. From the Roman-era to the Middle Ages and Antoni Gaudí’s masterpieces, architecture thrills travellers, photographers, artists and history buffs across the globe. Within the atmospheric streets of the past, flamenco, jazz and trendy bars contribute to a renowned nightlife scene, making Barcelona a popular holiday destination.
A culinary treat
Get ready for delicious temptations, with steaming pots of paella and rows of tapas on display everywhere. Barcelona’s food scene is nothing short of lavish, from candlelit restaurants for romantic dates to fresh food markets offering treats for the kids. With pleasant weather for most of the year, you can look forward to alfresco dining in the company of fresh sea breezes.
Why book Barcelona holidays
Top attractions to visit
La Sagrada Familia, Park Guell and Casa Mila
Fab shopping scene
Head down La Rambla for trendy stores
Discover the best beaches
Mix city hustle and bustle with the beach life
Sample the local food
Try tasty tapas for a true taste of Barcelona
Art and history museums are well worth the visit
Sensational views at Montjuic and walks through Ciutadella Park
Cheap Barcelona Holidays
Cheap holidays to Barcelona are great! Especially with our wide range of flights and hotels... you'll be amazed at our deals!
Join the millions of customers finding better value holidays
Search your way
Enter as much or as little information as you’d like. You don’t have to know where or when you’re going to see our best prices
Compare deals quickly
We search through 1000s of flight and hotel combinations to bring you the best offers within seconds
Instantly see prices for each day
Save money by quickly finding the cheapest days to travel
Your guide to Barcelona holidays
Exciting things to do in Barcelona
It’s hard to put the camera down in a city that boasts an attraction around nearly every corner. Barcelona holidays deliver romance, family activities and enticing traditions for every type of traveller.
- The bucket list shot in Barcelona is Gaudí’s Sagrada Familia. Famously under construction since 1882, the unfinished basilica features lifts and stairs to climb to the top for panoramic views.
- Narrow alleyways lead you on a journey through time in the Gothic Quarter. Along with artsy bars and quirky shops, discover Barcelona Cathedral, Plaça Reial and the Jewish Quarter.
- The whimsical Casa Batlló is a Gaudí masterpiece straight from a fairy tale. The balconies and pillars resemble skulls and bones with marine-inspired shapes and colours throughout.
- A visit to the Palace of Catalan Music offers much more than world-class concerts. The majestic exterior boasts mosaics and sculptures. Inside, tiled pillars, stained glass and a crystalline skylight also wow audiences.
- With its rippling stone facade, Casa Milà is a striking sight. Gaudí’s last work of civic architecture features extraordinary elements like chimney pots shaped as medieval knights.
- Home to the legendary FC Barcelona, Camp Nou stadium is an unmissable attraction for football fans. Watch a match and be prepared for the roar of massive crowds.
- A colourful jumble of fruits, vegetables, cheeses and seafood spills from food stalls at Mercat de la Boqueria. The famous market is the perfect spot for traditional snacks and foodie souvenirs.
- Built between 1329 and 1384, the Basilica Santa Maria del Mar is widely perceived as Barcelona’s best example of Catalonian Gothic architecture. Go inside to admire the soaring ceiling and stained glass windows.
- The romantic street lamps of Gaudí Avenue lead to Recinto Modernista de Sant Pau. The Art Nouveau complex once housed an innovative hospital. Tour the unique pavilions to see mosaics, gargoyles and international knowledge centres.
- Discover a huge collection of Catalan art dating back to the Middle Ages, along with Romanesque frescoes at the Museu Nacional d’Art de Catalunya.
Barcelona Top Attraction: History and Culture
If you’re a history buff or culture vulture, you might develop a lifelong addiction to Barcelona city breaks.
- UNESCO-listed Park Güell is Gaudí’s enchanting ode to landscape gardening. Take your time to admire surreal attractions like the mosaic dragon, the monumental staircase and the Hypostyle Room with 86 sloping columns.
- The Picasso Museum highlights Pablo Picasso’s important relationship with Barcelona. Over 4,000 works contribute to the permanent collection spread across five palaces.
- With 360 degree views over the city below, stunning scenery contradicts the notorious history of Montjuïc Castle. Explore the old military fortress surrounded by lush gardens.
- Built for the 1920 World Exhibition, Poble Espanyol is an open-air museum showcasing a little bit of everything Spanish. See architecture from around the country, local crafts and artisan workshops.
- You simply can’t miss the Columbus Monument at the ocean end of bustling Las Ramblas. The 60-metre high column was constructed in 1888 to pay homage to the famous explorer.
- Located in the Royal Shipyards, the Maritime Museum takes you back in time to Barcelona’s mighty seafaring history. You’ll see a full-scale replica of Don Juan de Austria’s 16th-century flagship and antique navigation charts.
What our local experts say
Barcelona & beyond: the best of Spanish city breaks
Ah, Spain! The perfect all-rounder. Beach holidays, family holidays, romantic couples getaways… you name it. Spain has it all! Oh, we can’t forget to mention city breaks too. Spain has some of the best short breaks in Europe, offering a superb variety. Whether it’s a beach break in ...Continue reading
7 Barcelona hotels making a splash
Stunning sights, bustling promenades, architectural wonders along with a total of 4km of beaches! Yep, we’re talking about none other than Barcelona. The Catalan capital is a top city breaks destination, so as you can imagine, there are tons of hotels to choose from. But the main question you ...
A European city break bucket list
When it comes to city breaks, Europe knows exactly what to offer. Striking cities brilliantly mixing the old with the new? Stunning coastal places combining the sophistication of a city getaway with the sublime comforts of a beach escape? Yes and yes, again! Quickly add all of the below to ...
Most popular Barcelona hotels
Your Barcelona questions answered
Choose from a range of airlines with direct flights to Barcelona from the UK, including British Airways, Ryanair, easyJet, Jet2 and Vueling. The flight time from London is two hours and it’s just under three from Glasgow.
All hotels in Barcelona
5 Star Hotels in Barcelona
4 Star Hotels in Barcelona
- Sallés Hotel Pere IV
- H10 Casanova Hotel
- Expo Hotel Barcelona
- El Avenida Palace Hotel
- Catalonia Barcelona Plaza
- H10 Marina Barcelona
- Hotel Barcelona Princess
- The Mirror Barcelona
- Villa Olimpic@ Suites Hotel and Spa
- Melia Barcelona Sky
- Axel Hotel Barcelona and Urban Spa
- Barcelona Colonial
- Hotel Millenni
- Vincci Bit
- Barcelona Universal
- Hotel Attica 21 Barcelona Mar
- Barcelo Sants
- Hotel Barcelona Center
- Hotel Best Front Maritim
- Hotel SB Diagonal Zero Barcelona
- U232 Hotel
- Occidental Atenea Mar - Adults Only
- The Gates Diagonal Barcelona
- Hotel España Ramblas
- Novotel Barcelona City
- Hotel SB BCN Events
- Rafaelhoteles Badalona
- Sercotel Ciutat de Montcada
- Hotel Barcelona Condal Mar, managed by Melia
- Hotel Concordia
- Hotel Gotico
- Sunotel Club Central
- Catalonia Born
- Hotel Ciutadella Barcelona
- Hotel Madanis
- Aparthotel Mariano Cubi Barcelona
- Hotel 1898
- Senator Barcelona Spa Hotel
- Ayre Hotel Rosellon
- Gran Hotel Rey Don Jaime
- Aparthotel Atenea
- Hotel America Barcelona
- Barcelo Raval
- H10 Montcada-Boutique Hotel
- Catalonia Park Putxet
- Evenia Rossello
- Gran Derby Suite Hotel
- NH Collection Barcelona Pódium
- Hilton Barcelona
- Room Mate Carla
- Sercotel Amister Art Hotel
- Hotel Derby Barcelona
- Hotel Best 4 Barcelona
- Eurohotel Barcelona Gran Via Fira
- Hotel Colón Barcelona
- Eurohotel Diagonal Port
- TWO Hotel Barcelona by Axel - Adults only
- H10 Port Vell
- Negresco Princess
- Midtown Apartments
- The Corner Hotel
- Golden Tulip Barcelona
- Hotel Barcelona 1882
- H10 Madison
- Occidental Diagonal 414
- Seventy Barcelona
3 Star Hotels in Barcelona
- Hotel Best Auto Hogar
- Hotel EuroPark
- Hotel Nouvel
- Oriente Atiram
- Hotel Catalonia Albeniz
- Catalonia Park Güell
- Acta Mimic
- Ciutat de Barcelona
- Hotel Travelodge Barcelona Fira
- Porta de Gallecs
- Sunotel Aston
- Hotel Del Mar
- Hotel Granvia
- Hotel Jazz
- Sixties Ramblas
- Hotel Best Aranea
- Leonardo Boutique Hotel Barcelona Sagrada Familia
- Soho Hotel
- Hotel Barcelona House
- Aparthotel Bertran
- Hotel Internacional Ramblas Atiram
- Aparthotel Atenea Calabria
- Acta Azul
- Ona Hotels Arya
- Hotel Rec Barcelona - Adults only
2 Star Hotels in Barcelona
1 Star Hotels in Barcelona
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes