Bahia Feliz Holidays 2021
Translating to ‘Happy Bay’, Bahia Feliz lives up to its name with a small but perfectly formed beach of dark volcanic sand, a host of bars and restaurants right on the seafront, and a delightfully relaxed atmosphere. However, with Maspalomas and Playa del Ingles nearby, a more lively setting is easy to reach.
Despite its small size, holidays to Bahia Feliz, Gran Canaria are still packed with things to see and do. It’s a popular wind-surfing spot and even has a small aerodrome, providing thrilling aerial sightseeing trips.
Further inland, you’ll find stunning mountains to explore, perfect for adventure-seekers and nature-lovers. Plus, the lively island capital of Las Palmas is just 40 minutes away by car!
Why book Bahia Feliz holidays
Discover the best beaches
We love the black sands of Playa del Aguila
Rest & relaxation
This quaint little resort is ideal for a relaxing holiday in the sun
Think shallow waters, lovely child-friendly hotels & fun watersports – Bahia Feliz is a top family resort!
Join the millions of customers finding better value holidays
Search your way
Enter as much or as little information as you’d like. You don’t have to know where or when you’re going to see our best prices
Compare deals quickly
We search through 1000s of flight and hotel combinations to bring you the best offers within seconds
Instantly see prices for each day
Save money by quickly finding the cheapest days to travel
Your guide to Bahia Feliz holidays
Life in Bahia Feliz is slow and relaxed, making it the perfect destination for people who truly want a tranquil, laid-back holiday.
- Amble down to the beach and enjoy a day soaking up the gorgeous Gran Canaria sunshine. The beach here is a great place for a casual stroll or a spot of lunch. It’s fairly secluded and intimate, so expect plenty of peace and quiet. For a livelier beach experience, head over to Maspalomas or Playa del Ingles.
- Discover the delights of the little town in Bahia Feliz, where you can explore the quaint shops and cafés.
- While there are plenty of things to do in Bahia Feliz, you can also venture further out. Take the kids for a fun-filled day at the water park in Maspalomas, or head inland to Palmitos Park, which has dolphin shows and stunning butterfly houses.
- Catch the sunset at the spectacular golden dunes in Maspalomas, a protected nature reserve and unmissable tourist spot.
- Fancy something thrilling? Take a flying lesson or helicopter tour from the nearby aerodrome.
- If you’re in the mood to sightsee, head to Las Palmas and check out the shops, bars, museums and cultural attractions.
Bahia Feliz beach is volcanic, with a mixture of sand, shingle and pebbles.
- If sunbathing is on your itinerary, you’ll need a decent beach mattress. Thankfully, the gorgeous sunshine makes up for the lack of softer sand.
- The Bahia Feliz beach is ideal for families with children. You’ll find bars and restaurants just a stone’s throw from your beach towel.
- Take advantage of the windsurfing and kite-surfing opportunities available on the island. You can rent equipment or take courses from the surf centre on the beach.
- There are plenty of other beaches near Bahia Feliz, including the huge, sandy stretches at Maspalomas and Playa del Ingles, which both offer a host of water sports.
- A little closer to Bahia Feliz is the smaller beach at San Agustin, which has been awarded a Blue Flag and features lots of amenities, including bodyboarding and surfing.
Most popular Bahia Feliz hotels
Bahia Feliz weather
Your Bahia Feliz questions answered
The easiest way to get to Las Palmas from Bahia Feliz is to drive, which takes approximately 30 minutes. Alternatively, you can hire a taxi or take the bus to the capital city.
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes
Prices last checked at 15:35 24 January 2021