XCD: East Caribbean dollar
Antigua Holidays 2021
If you’re dreaming about a break in the Caribbean, Antigua could be your next perfect travel destination.
So what can you expect from Antigua holidays? Think shimmering blue oceans, long stretches of breathtaking coral reefs, captivating white and pink beaches, outrageously good weather and a welcoming Caribbean ambience. Whether you’re looking to splash about in the warm waters, lounge on the beach or explore the beautiful reefs, Antigua has it all.
Booking cheap holidays to Antigua is easy to do because this island is exceptional value for money. Its sister island, Barbuda, offers paradise-like coves, lively beachside towns and a wide array of water sports for both beginners and seasoned veterans.
With so much to do on both islands, you’ll always find an adventure waiting for you, and with our fantastic selection of packages for Antigua, all inclusive holidays included, you’ll experience island life in top hotels, like Royalton Antigua Resort & Spa.
Why book Antigua holidays
Lush natural wonders
Enjoy the spectacular views from Shirley Heights, hike up the Pillars of Hercules & go to Devil’s Bridge
Top attractions to visit
Hike to Fort Berkeley (and enjoy some more gorgeous views), visit Blockhouse Ruins & the historic English Harbor
Sample the local food
Stop at Turner’s Beach Bar – perfect for savouring a grilled lobster al fresco…with a perfect view to match
Fab shopping scene
Think of Redcliffe Quay as your perfect, colourful shopping district
Discover the best beaches
We love Honeymoon Cove, Sea Grape Beach and Galleon Beach
Perfect for watersports
Antigua’s azure waters are ideal for snorkelling…would be a shame to miss out
Top resorts in Antigua
Five Islands in Antigua, CaribbeanFrom £1,110 per person
With sparkling blue waters and an incredible stretch of beautiful white sand, Jolly Beach is the perfect destination for your …From £893 per person
Dickenson Bay in Antigua, CaribbeanFrom £989 per person
Perched on the southern coast of the gorgeous Leeward Island of Antigua and the eastern corner of its Sherkerley Mountains, …From £775 per person
Long Bay in Antigua, CaribbeanFrom £1,930 per person
Join the millions of customers finding better value holidays
Search your way
Enter as much or as little information as you’d like. You don’t have to know where or when you’re going to see our best prices
Compare deals quickly
We search through 1000s of flight and hotel combinations to bring you the best offers within seconds
Instantly see prices for each day
Save money by quickly finding the cheapest days to travel
Your guide to Antigua holidays
There’s a wide variety of things to do in Antigua, so you’re never far from a fun day out with the family, or as a couple.
- For families with children, a visit to Half Moon Bay is essential. This gorgeous destination is scattered with crystal-clear rock pools for checking out marine life, and a number of little coves, making it an ideal destination for having fun as a family.
- Dickenson Bay is the most secluded of all Antigua beaches. It’s a perfect spot for watersports and family-friendly activities, and offers plenty of beach bars.
- To really immerse yourself in the culture of this beautiful Caribbean island, head to Nelson’s Dockyard in the English Harbour to learn more about British colonial history.
- Other fun excursions include an off-road tour to Devil’s Bridge, a large natural rock formation with holes that shoot water from the sea, and Betty’s Hope, a historic sugar plantation established in 1650.
- If the simple resort life typified by Jolly Beach sounds more appealing to you, Antigua's all-inclusive resorts are the perfect place to relax. While the time away in a tropical paradise, surrounded by white sand and crystal, turquoise waters, perfect for fun in the sun.
Antigua is the ideal holiday destination if you want to learn more about classic Creole culture.
- Although many people around the world associate the word Creole with the Caribbean, it actually refers to French-speaking people, primarily from Europe, who were born in the Caribbean. In Antigua, the term Creole can also be used to describe people of all ethnicities who were born and raised in the region.
- African influences play a huge role in Antiguan culture. A large number of local musical genres feature steel drums, reggae and calypso beats. Calypso holds a special place in the heart of Antiguans as, historically, it was invented by slaves who were forbidden to communicate in other ways.
- Carnival is the cultural highlight of the year in Antigua. It’s celebrated every July and August for 10 days, in commemoration of the 1834 act of emancipation from slavery. Coinciding your trip with Carnival gives you a prime opportunity to hear classic Antiguan music, see plenty of vibrant, intricately decorated costumes, and learn about the island’s history through live music, pageants and parades.
What our local experts say
Best time to go to the Caribbean
White sand beaches, impossibly blue seas, coral reefs… the Caribbean islands truly are the stuff of dreams. They combine everything you need for the perfect beach holiday with a host of wonderful activities, from snorkelling and diving to sailing and turtle-watching. The best time to go to the Caribbean depends ...Continue reading
Your Antigua questions answered
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes
Prices last checked at 14:06 20 January 2021