Discover Amsterdam holidays & city breaks 2021
Amsterdam has everything you need for a dream holiday or city break. It’s beautiful to look at, easy to get around and is full to the brim with museums and galleries. The incredible nightlife is an added bonus.
Amsterdam is the quintessential city break destination but it’s worth much more than a long weekend. Amsterdam holidays offer elegant architecture, world-class museums and plenty of history. But the city also has a modern, creative spirit seen in the hip bars, clubs and boutiques that scatter the city. Adding to its appeal is the ease of getting around. You can walk, cycle or even hop on a public boat.
Outdoor adventures in Amsterdam
Holidays in Amsterdam aren’t just about museums and nightlife. This is an outdoorsy city and locals love to get about on their bikes as much as possible. There are parks all over the city, a couple of urban beaches, and lakes to kitesurf, paddle board and sail on. Not to mention the joy of boating around the city’s canals.
Why book Amsterdam holidays
Top city attractions
The Anne Frank House, Royal Palace of Amsterdam & Dam Square
Hit the nightlife & bar scene
Everything from small jazz cafés to rock gigs and cool underground clubs
Rijksmuseum and the Van Gogh Museum are a total must
Unmissable art scene
From Rembrandt to Van Gogh + a vibrant contemporary art scene
Explore the city
Take a stroll down the picturesque streets of Jordaan
Explore the local markets
Home to amazing food, flowers, books and antique markets!
Join the millions of customers finding better value holidays
Search your way
Enter as much or as little information as you’d like. You don’t have to know where or when you’re going to see our best prices
Compare deals quickly
We search through 1000s of flight and hotel combinations to bring you the best offers within seconds
Instantly see prices for each day
Save money by quickly finding the cheapest days to travel
Your guide to Amsterdam holidays
5 things to do in Amsterdam
Looking for family-friendly fun, outdoor adventures or a dose of culture? You’ll find it on holidays in Amsterdam.
- If you love cycling there are few better cities to be than Amsterdam. There are bike lanes everywhere and rentals are easily available. Be aware that the sheer number and speed of bikes can take a little getting used to.
- An Amsterdam must do is a tour around the city canals. There are a bewildering array of options, from self-drive eco boats to dinner tours.
- Amsterdam’s green spaces make a lovely retreat after heavy sightseeing. Vondelpark has vast open spaces and wooded trails, while Amsterdamse Bos has a farm and a forest. In Flevopark you can go wild swimming.
- Head to the narrow streets of the historic de Jordaan neighbourhood. The quaint buildings house galleries, courtyard gardens and cute cafes. It's perfect for an afternoon of wandering.
- Museumplein is Amsterdam’s cultural heart. It’s home to big name museums including the Rijksmuseum, the Van Gogh Museum and the Stedelijk Museum. In winter there’s a huge outdoor ice rink on the square.
Holidays in Amsterdam deliver plenty of nighttime thrills. Whether you’re looking for a big night out in the Red Light District or an evening in a laid-back bar.
- Bawdy, boisterous and full of stag dos, the Red Light District isn’t everyone’s cup of tea. But it’s a must-see for anyone interested in Amsterdam’s seedy underbelly. It can be a lot of fun, too.
- Rembrandtplein is known for its big name bars and clubs, which attract both tourists and locals. Leading off it is Reguliersdwarsstraat, which is home to Amsterdam’s best gay clubs and bars.
- As every tourist to Amsterdam knows, coffeeshops aren’t about coffee but about legally consuming weed. They are a rite of passage for anyone coming to Amsterdam to party.
- Former shipyard and cool-kid hangout, NSDM Wharf is a refreshing change from touristy Amsterdam. There’s an eclectic selection of bars and restaurants, plus regular arty events.
- Dance music is huge in Amsterdam. The city’s mega clubs regularly host big name DJs from across the world. And they don’t close until the sun comes up.
What our local experts say
Local guide: 48 hours in Amsterdam
A spellbinding city of canals, gabled houses and glorious parks, Amsterdam seems, at first glance, to have changed little since its Golden Age during the 16th and 17th centuries. But this is no museum city preserved in aspic: Amsterdam is one of the most stylish, energetic and innovative capitals in ...Continue reading
Top 10 must-sees on your Amsterdam city break
Our guide to the top 10 must-sees on your Amsterdam city break gives you the ultimate low-down on the highlights of this exciting city. Perfect for a weekend away or a short break, Amsterdam has everything from gorgeous architecture to canals, parks, markets and lots of fabulous shops, bars and ...
Most popular Amsterdam hotels
Your Amsterdam questions answered
Amsterdam Centrum keeps you close to the main sights, shopping and nightlife areas, with options for both budget and luxury travellers. The upscale museum quarter is the best place to stay for Amsterdam's cultural attractions.
Top Amsterdam hotels
5 Star Hotels
4 Star Hotels
- Sir Albert Hotel Amsterdam
- Hotel Roemer
- Sir Adam Hotel
- Catalonia Vondel Amsterdam
- Park Centraal Amsterdam
- Movenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Centre
- Hotel JL No76
- Park Plaza Victoria Amsterdam
- NH Amsterdam Schiphol Airport
- Ozo Hotel
- Hotel Estheréa
- Corendon City Hotel Amsterdam
- NH Amsterdam Schiller
- Eden Hotel Amsterdam
- NH City Centre
- Xo Hotels Couture
- Best Western Plus Amsterdam Airport Hotel
- Hotel V Fizeaustraat
- Room Mate Aitana
- Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport
- Hotel Notting Hill
- Leonardo Hotel Amsterdam Rembrandtpark
- NH Amsterdam Caransa
- Inntel Hotels Amsterdam Centre
- The Manor Amsterdam
- Monet Garden Hotel Amsterdam
- NH Amsterdam Zuid
- NH Amsterdam Museum Quarter
- NH Amsterdam Centre
- Fletcher Hotel Amsterdam
- Xo Hotels Park West
- Xo Hotels Blue Tower
- Westcord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam
- Van Der Valk Hotel A4 Schiphol
- Albus Hotel Amsterdam City Centre
- Dutch Design Hotel Artemis
- Hard Rock Hotel Amsterdam American
- Kimpton De Witt Amsterdam
- Inntel Hotels Amsterdam-Zaandam
- Grand Hotel Amstelveen
- Hotel van de Vijsel
- Amadi Park Hotel
- Urban Lodge Hotel
- Corendon Village Hotel Amsterdam
- Hotel Mercier
- Van der Valk Hotel Amsterdam-Amstel
- Hotel Pontsteiger
- Olympic Hotel
- Mai Amsterdam
- Best Western Plus Hotel Amstelveen
3 Star Hotels
- Leonardo Boutique Museumhotel
- Gr8 Hotel Amsterdam Riverside
- Amsterdam ID Aparthotel
- Quentin Amsterdam Hotel
- The Lancaster Hotel Amsterdam
- Hotel Library Amsterdam
- WestCord City Centre Hotel Amsterdam
- Central Park Hotel
- Hotel Avenue
- Hotel Nova
- Xo Hotels Blue Square
- Delta Hotel City Center
- Tropen Hotel Amsterdam
- Hotel The Neighbour's Magnolia
- Hotel Beethoven Amsterdam
- Xo Hotels City Centre
- Hotel Cornelisz
- Hotel CC
- Xo Hotel Inner
- Hotel V Frederiksplein
- Hotel Casa Amsterdam
- The Alfred Hotel
- Hotel City Garden Amsterdam
- The Bank Hotel
- Hotel Campanile Amsterdam Zuidoost
- Leonardo Hotel Amsterdam City Center
- France Hotel
- Hotel De Looier
- Best Western Zaan Inn
- The ED Amsterdam
- Best Western Amsterdam
- New West Inn Amsterdam
- Hotel Atlas Vondelpark
- Melrose Hotel
- The Arcade Hotel
- Apple Inn Hotel
- Atlantis Hotel Amsterdam
- Hotel Espresso City Centre
- Xo Hotels Infinity
2 Star Hotels
1 Star Hotels
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes
Prices last checked at 20:30 3 March 2021