Amalfi Coast Holidays 2020
Amalfi Coast holidays are the quintessential romantic Mediterranean getaway, with ancient pastel-coloured fishing villages dotted along the rugged coastline, commanding excellent views of the azure blue seas below. Also home to the finest Italian food and drink, what more could you ask for?
Why not visit the towns of Amalfi and Positano, with their historic piazzas, beautiful churches, and fantastic craft shops hidden along the winding alleys? How about driving through the local vineyards and lemon groves, or taking a coastal sightseeing boat trip to the breathtaking island of Capri?
It may well be a playground for the rich and famous, but you don’t need an A-lister’s bank balance to enjoy the delights of this 30 mile stretch of dramatic coastline. Whether you’re looking for a cheap holiday, or a more luxurious all inclusive getaway, there's something for you on the Amalfi Coast.
Amalfi Coast at a glance
Cultural hotspot not to miss
Explore the colourful towns of Sorrento and Positano for breathtaking views you won’t be able to forget
Sample the local food
Traditionally made from those bright yellow Amalfi lemons, limoccelo is a must-try when here
Top attractions to visit
Piazza del Duomo in Amalfi, the cathedral of Sorrento, Ravello Art Gallery
Savour some of the finest fish cuisine you’ve ever come across & hop on a boat trip for romantic views
Lush natural wonders
Apart from the emerald mountains, see some emerald caves – Grotta dello Smeraldo is the most beautiful cave in Italy
Discover the best beaches
We love the large, sandy stretch of beach in Maiori
Top resorts in Amalfi Coast
Located on the Gulf of Salerno in southern Italy, Amalfi is blessed with gorgeous mountains, dramatic cliffs and a beautiful …from £213 pp
The picture-postcard seaside town of Maiori sits on the gorgeous Amalfi Coast in Italy. Set at the mouth of a …from £386 pp
Located on the sumptuous Amalfi Coast, Positano is a rustic village in Campania, Italy. Positano holidays are always unforgettable. And, …from £316 pp
Join the millions of customers finding better value holidays
Search your way
Enter as much or as little information as you’d like. You don’t have to know where or when you’re going to see our best prices
Compare deals quickly
We search through 1000s of flight and hotel combinations to bring you the best offers within seconds
Instantly see prices for each day
Save money by quickly finding the cheapest days to travel
Things to do in Amalfi Coast
Taking a holiday to this part of the world is like taking a step back in time. As such, many of the best things to do in the Amalfi Coast area are centered on the region’s fascinating history and rich heritage.
- No trip to Amalfi would be complete without a journey to the town’s Cattedrale di Sant’Andrea. It’s a somewhat imposing, almost otherworldly structure which showcases the Italian, Arabic, and Norman influences of the local architecture. You can spend hours strolling through the ancient corridors.
- How about taking a short boat ride from Amalfi Harbour to Grotta dello Smeraldo; the Emerald Cave. A small cave system which earns its name from the luminous green glow inside, this fascinating underground passage measures 45m x 32m, with a 24m high chamber, and really does have to be seen to be believed.
- If a day spent on dry land is more your thing, take some time to explore Villa Rufolo in Ravello; a villa built exclusively for popes and kings on beautifully sculpted and colourful cascading gardens. Ravello is the perfect place to escape the beach crowds and experience another side to this popular coastal region.
- One of the top places to visit on the Amalfi Coast is Sorrento, located at the base of the Neapolitan Riviera which stretches up towards the Bay of Naples. Planning your holiday to include this destination is a great idea, with the Neapolitan Riviera and Amalfi Coast both offering amazing beaches.
The Amalfi Coast beaches are some of the most stunning in all of Italy. They're mosly pebble, with a few sandy options tucked away.
- One of the best beaches in the Amalfi Coast region is at Marina Grande in Positano. You’ll enjoy incredible views of the town and cliffs behind you, and of the calm blue Mediterranean waters in front. Positano is also home to some of the best hotels on the Amalfi Coast, but there’s strong competition from Sorrento!
- Vietri sul Mare is home to one of the region’s few sandy beaches, hidden away in a bay and often overlooked by visitors. As such, it’s a much quieter beachfront, and it’s perfect for experiencing the more peaceful side of an Amalfi Coast holiday. It’s widely considered to be one of the area’s best hidden gems.
- For an opportunity to witness a truly wonderful Italian sunset, Gavitella Beach at Praiano faces out towards the island of Capri in the west and offers picture-perfect views at the end of each day. Even if you visit in the morning, you’ll find this to be one of the finest Amalfi Coast beaches.
What our local experts say
Where is hot in June?
Hoping to head off on a sunny break before the crowds start pouring in? Then take a look at our essential guide to where is hot in June! From the sun-kissed beaches of the Canaries to the fun-filled resorts of Orlando, we’ve picked out our top 10 favourite hotspots ...Continue reading
Where to go in Italy
Soak up the dolce vita with our essential guide to where to go in Italy. From the glamorous capital of Rome to medieval time capsules in Tuscany, we’ve picked out the best destinations in Italy for your holiday. Food, beaches, history, culture…we’ve got all the Italian highlights ...
Amalfi Coast: top dishes and best restaurants
The jewel of southern Italy, the Amalfi Coast is one of the most beautiful places on the planet. The serene landscape of cliffs, lush hills and glittering water is where some of the country’s finest produce is grown – and, in fact, it’s one of the best places to eat ...
Most popular hotels in Amalfi Coast
- Amalfi Coast
Amalfi Coast weather
Your Amalfi Coast questions answered
April to October are the warmest months of the year on the Amalfi Coast, and temperatures can reach as much as 30 degrees in the peak of summer. However, even winter temperatures can be very pleasant.
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes