Amalfi Coast Holidays 2021
A beguilingly beautiful region of cliff-clinging towns, colourful houses and verdant mountains, the Amalfi Coast is an unforgettable holiday destination.
This 50-kilometre stretch of precipitous cliffs sits on a small peninsula in southwest Italy and has long been a summer playground for the rich and famous. With south-facing bays and azure ocean beyond, it’s a picture-perfect destination with balmy weather from April through October. Whether you want to simply sit in glitzy piazzas drinking coffee and cocktails, or would rather a more active, adventurous trip, Amalfi Coast holidays offer it all.
Hiking on the Amalfi Coast
Sometimes there’s no better way to see the world than with two feet and a heartbeat, and the Amalfi Coast is a stunning place for a walking holiday. Numerous trails criss-cross the coastline here, passing through its prettiest towns and fishing villages and scaling some of its tallest cliffs for incredible views. Short 3km walks and more challenging 16km hikes mean there’s something for everyone when you visit the Amalfi Coast.
Why book Amalfi Coast holidays
Cultural hotspot not to miss
Explore the colourful towns of Sorrento and Positano for breathtaking views you won’t be able to forget
Sample the local food
Traditionally made from those bright yellow Amalfi lemons, limoccelo is a must-try when here
Top attractions to visit
Piazza del Duomo in Amalfi, the cathedral of Sorrento, Ravello Art Gallery
Savour some of the finest fish cuisine you’ve ever come across & hop on a boat trip for romantic views
Lush natural wonders
Apart from the emerald mountains, see some emerald caves – Grotta dello Smeraldo is the most beautiful cave in Italy
Discover the best beaches
We love the large, sandy stretch of beach in Maiori
Top resorts in Amalfi Coast
Sitting on the alluring Amalfi Coast overlooking the Gulf of Salerno, the town of Amalfi is a romantic getaway for …From £267 per person
Located on the sumptuous Amalfi Coast, Positano is a rustic village in Campania, Italy. Positano holidays are always unforgettable. And, …From £382 per person
Situated high in the hilltops above the glorious Amalfi coast, Ravello offers a dose of quiet sophistication for your 2021 …From £663 per person
The picture-postcard seaside town of Maiori sits on the gorgeous Amalfi Coast in Italy. Set at the mouth of a …From £423 per person
Join the millions of customers finding better value holidays
Search your way
Enter as much or as little information as you’d like. You don’t have to know where or when you’re going to see our best prices
Compare deals quickly
We search through 1000s of flight and hotel combinations to bring you the best offers within seconds
Instantly see prices for each day
Save money by quickly finding the cheapest days to travel
Your guide to Amalfi Coast holidays
Nightlife on the Amalfi Coast
Add a bit of glitz and glamour to your Amalfi Coast holidays with a night out on the town among celebrities and royals.
- Party in a cave with the Amalfi Coast’s chicest visitors. Africana is a nightlife institution here, open since 1962 and set inside a natural cave on the coast of Praiano.
- Brush shoulders with the stars of the big screen in Positano, where Piazzetta on the seafront serves up cocktails at dusk for the perfect aperitivo hour.
- Wherever you are on the Amalfi Coast, don’t miss the opportunity to sip Italian wines or a Campari spritz on a terrace as the sun sets over the cliffs to the west.
- Serving up quintessential Italian charm in Positano since 1950, La Zagara is a must-visit for post-dinner drinks. DJs spin on the decks until the early hours at weekends.
- If you’re looking for a more relaxed evening, head to one of the many beach bars that have colonised the coves along the Amalfi Coast, where waiters will bring cocktails to your sun lounger even after dark.
Luxury on the Amalfi Coast
Spas, exclusive restaurants and luxury hotels on the Amalfi Coast make this an ideal destination for an extra-special break.
- Make pampering the centre of your Amalfi Coast break and book a day at the Otium Spa Costa d'Amalfi. Created in the style of a Roman bath, the spa has hydrotherapy facilities and massage treatments on offer.
- Feel like you’re famous for a day and book a private yacht to cruise along the coast and out to swish islands like Capri.
- Want to live like royalty? Check into the Monastero Santa Rosa in Amalfi, where Prince Albert II of Monaco and Princess Charlene are known to have stayed.
- Il San Pietro di Positano is another favourite with celebrities and royalty, with the likes of Sting, Barbara Streisand and George Clooney gracing its ultra-lux suites.
- Fine-dining on the Amalfi Coast isn’t hard to come by, but two restaurants have Michelin stars: Glicine and La Caravella dal 1959.
What our local experts say
Where is hot in June?
Hoping to head off on a sunny break before the crowds start pouring in? Then take a look at our essential guide to where is hot in June! From the sun-kissed beaches of the Canaries to the fun-filled resorts of Orlando, we’ve picked out our top 10 favourite hotspots ...Continue reading
Where to go in Italy
Soak up the dolce vita with our essential guide to where to go in Italy. From the glamorous capital of Rome to medieval time capsules in Tuscany, we’ve picked out the best destinations in Italy for your holiday. Food, beaches, history, culture…we’ve got all the Italian highlights ...
Most popular Amalfi Coast hotels
Amalfi Coast weather
Your Amalfi Coast questions answered
The best conditions on the Amalfi Coast are from Easter through to September. This is when the weather is driest and hottest, with temperatures reaching up to 30 degrees.
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes
Prices last checked at 23:17 24 January 2021