Alicante holidays 2021
Set on the sunny tip of Spain’s southeastern coast, a holiday in Alicante never disappoints. Pack your bags for an exciting city break, where action-packed culture meets seaside serenity.
A region famed for its white sandy coastline, you can be sure Alicante’s beaches are top notch. But there’s far more to this Spanish city than sunbathing alone. Majestic castles, tranquil islands, excellent hotels and fascinating museums, it’s got everything you need for the holiday of a lifetime.
Natural beauty in Alicante
The stunning Mediterranean coast may be hard to resist but just a few miles inland, Alicante’s jagged mountain ranges are a world of natural wonder. Home to aquamarine lakes, ancient rock formations, secret caves and colourful wildflower meadows, they beg to be explored by car, foot or bicycle. Can’t bear to leave the beach? Simply admire the impressive peaks from your sun lounger. Win win!
Why book Alicante holidays
Cultural hotspot not to miss
Castillo de Santa Barbara is the perfect spot for beautiful panoramic views
Hit the nightlife & bar scene
Barrio de la Santa Cruz is where your evenings should be spent with a range of bars on offer
Discover the best beaches
We love Platja del Postiguet and San Juan Playa for clear waters and golden sands
The Archaeological Museum of Alicante has interesting interactive exhibits
Lush natural wonders
The Canelobre Caves are well-worth a visit, book yourself in for a guided tour and be amazed
Sample the local food
Try traditional Spanish tapas and seafood specials along Alicante's coast
Join the millions of customers finding better value holidays
Search your way
Enter as much or as little information as you’d like. You don’t have to know where or when you’re going to see our best prices
Compare deals quickly
We search through 1000s of flight and hotel combinations to bring you the best offers within seconds
Instantly see prices for each day
Save money by quickly finding the cheapest days to travel
Your guide to Alicante holidays
Beaches in Alicante
As the capital of the famous Costa Blanca coastline, Alicante is a true beach-lover’s paradise.
- Postiguet beach is an Alicante favourite. This 1 kilometre stretch of sand gently leads into turquoise water and is the ideal spot to take a dip, grab a cocktail or catch the lift up to Santa Bárbara castle.
- When the main beach on Tabarca island gets busy, explore the nearby coves! The crystal clear waters around the island are a designated Mediterranean Marine Reserve, so don’t forget your snorkel.
- If you like to sunbathe in peace, Playa del Saladar to the south of Alicante is less well known but just as beautiful. Laidback vibes and pristine golden sand combine to make this a secret worth saving.
- Playa de la Albufereta on Alicante’s northern outskirts was once the harbour for the Roman settlement of Lucentum. The Romans may be gone but the sense of history remains, along with swaying palm trees and calm waters.
- A short bus ride from the city and backed by a lovely market town, Playa de Guardamar offers miles of unspoilt coastline. A place to swim, relax and lose yourself in the wild sand dunes.
Family-friendly beaches in Alicante
Basking in a warm, Mediterranean climate, beach holidays in Alicante are ideal for young swimmers.
- Playa de San Juan is a magnet for families thanks to its soft sands, shallow waters and great bars. With 7 kilometre of beach to discover, there’s always a quiet spot to throw down your towel.
- Playa del Portet boasts exceptionally calm and safe swimming thanks to its sheltered cove position. Cafes, water sports and handy car parking, what’s not to love?
- Playa Lisa in Santa Pola not only offers fine sands and gentle waters, but it’s an excellent spot for windsurfer-spotting too!
- Close to town, Playa del Carrer La Mar is the perfect blend of popular and peaceful. Hire a parasol and enjoy a lazy day building sandcastles.
- Wave goodbye to big waves at La Almadraba beach. Situated in a small cove and sheltered from north winds, it’s one of few beaches in Alicante with sunset views towards the west.
What our local experts say
Top 10 beaches on the Costa Blanca
The Costa Blanca (‘White Coast’) is famous for its beautiful beaches of white sand, but also boasts some very pretty little coves and bays that are less well known. We’ve picked out our favourites along this fabulous coastline in this list of the top 10 beaches on the Costa ...Continue reading
Top destinations for February
January is a tough month. After the festivities of Christmas and the New Year, we’re all thrown back into reality with a bang and it can be a difficult transition. Now that February is here, we’re (hopefully) back to reality and holidaymakers can start planning for their next ...
Most popular Alicante hotels
Your Alicante questions answered
With hot summer days and mild winters, Alicante is a great holiday destination all year round. May to October are the sunniest months, with the hottest temperatures and biggest crowds in July and August.
Top Alicante hotels
4 Star Hotels
3 Star Hotels
2 Star Hotels
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes
Prices last checked at 14:05 25 February 2021