Algarve Holidays 2021
The sparkling Atlantic surrounds this renowned beach destination on two sides. Holidays in the Algarve put you in the heart of natural wonders, historic towns and buzzing nightlife.
If you’re dreaming of golden beaches, whitewashed villages and thrilling adventures, the southern coastline of Portugal is the paradise you’re looking for. Algarve holidays appeal to every traveller, with dynamic beach resorts for fun in the sun and serene wilderness for peaceful escapes. History buffs can delve into castles, cathedrals and fascinating museums.
Algarve adventure activities
Out on the water, the Algarve is a hot spot for surfing, sailing and diving with abundant marine life. Inland, challenge yourself to mountain climbing and hike through dazzling wildflowers. For the kids, water slides, zoos and theme parks bring a different thrill every day. As one of Europe’s sunniest places, you can look forward to fantastic holiday weather, year-round.
Why book Algarve holidays
Discover the best beaches
From Praia da Falesia to Praia da Rocha
Sample the local food
Delicious piri piri is a must try in the Algarve
Lush natural wonders
Dramatic cliffs and sandy coves are Algarve highlights
Aside from beaches, there are water parks, adventure activities and dolphin watching
Perfect for watersports
Thrillseekers love getting the action started in the Algarve
Popular with couples
Have it all with romantic Algarve breaks
Top resorts in Algarve
Forget moderation, because Albufeira is a holiday destination that has it all. Pack your bags for one of Portugal’s most …From £107 per person
One of the most prestigious resorts on the Algarve coast, Vilamoura is home to luxury hotels, championship golf courses and …From £119 per person
Portimao is an Algarve destination with a difference. Its chilled-out city vibe, traditional restaurants and dreamy waterfront make for a …From £93 per person
Praia da Rocha
You’ll be swept up by the feel-good vibes of Praia da Rocha. The lively Algarve resort is all about kicking …From £95 per person
Holidays in Alvor are the ultimate in relaxation. Its sandy beaches, quaint seafood spots and fascinating historic core make for …From £128 per person
Carvoeiro has all you need for the ultimate sun, sea and sand escape. Its incredible shores team with natural beauty …From £149 per person
Join the millions of customers finding better value holidays
Search your way
Enter as much or as little information as you’d like. You don’t have to know where or when you’re going to see our best prices
Compare deals quickly
We search through 1000s of flight and hotel combinations to bring you the best offers within seconds
Instantly see prices for each day
Save money by quickly finding the cheapest days to travel
Your guide to Algarve holidays
Top 5 things to do in the Algarve
The real question is, what can’t you do on holidays in the Algarve? Get set to pack your itinerary full of fun for all ages.
- The stunning rock formations of Praia Sao Rafael make it one of the Algarve’s most iconic beaches. Orange-tinged cliffs surround golden sand dotted with sunbeds and water sports vendors.
- Museu de Portimao is located in a 19th-century fish cannery. Learn about the fishing industry with former production lines, conservation practices and fascinating exhibits.
- Give the kids a thrill at one of Portugal’s biggest water parks. Aqualand features the heart- stopping Kamikaze slide, the Banzai Boggan and the Crazy Race speed slide. The Rainbow Park offers shower buckets and mini slides for the little ones.
- Discover remnants of the Roman Empire at the Cerro da Vila Museum. Ruins of the villa complex include sunken baths, a burial tower, salt tanks and lovely mosaics.
- Take a short ferry ride to Tavira Island for a slice of the Caribbean. Bask on soft sands and go wildlife-spotting among dunes and pine forests.
Algarve natural wonders
Along with beautiful beaches, the Algarve is home to an array of wonders that attract nature lovers from across the globe.
- Parque Natural do Sudoeste Alentejano e Costa Vicentina features the longest stretch of protected coastline in the country. Wetlands, salt marshes and soaring cliffs host birds, otters and wildcats.
- Named among the best hiking trails in Europe, the Seven Valleys Trail links Praia de Vale Centeanes to Praia da Marinha. The return coastal trip takes around five hours and highlights some of Portugal’s most incredible seascapes.
- Uninhabited Ilha Deserta is one of the pristine barrier islands in the Ria Formosa Natural Park. It’s a shelter for thousands of birds, with remote stretches of golden sand and azure water. Take a boat tour to visit.
- Praia de Benagil is set within a small fishing village and features the spectacular Benagil Sea Cave. Explore via a boat trip and check out the incredible rock formations along this stretch of wild coast.
- The rolling mountains of the Serra de Monchique feature the highest peak on the Algarve. Hike among oak and eucalyptus forests with sweeping views of the Atlantic.
What our local experts say
A quick and easy guide to the Algarve
Have you decided on the sunny Portuguese region for your next adventure? Well, we’re telling you now, you’ve made a great choice! And, if you’re still undecided… hopefully we can convince you a little bit more! Find out our top favourites in beaches, sights and more when ...Continue reading
Discover the Algarve’s best holiday resorts – where will you ...
Portugal’s sunny southern region is always welcoming travellers from near and far. The Algarve is large, beautiful and a solid holiday destination for those who love a well-rounded experience. But if you’re wondering where in the Algarve you should stay, we’re here to help you out!
Top 5 destinations for first time all inclusive travellers
All inclusive holidays are a brilliant way to enjoy a stress-free holiday! You get to keep control of your budget, with flights, accommodation, meals and drinks all included. You might even get some extras, such as kids’ clubs or some sports activities. With the major expenses all covered, you can ...
Most popular Algarve hotels
Your Algarve questions answered
To splash out on upmarket luxury for couples holidays, book holiday packages in Vilamoura. For relaxation on the beach with plenty of pubs and restaurants, try Carvoeiro, Lagos or Alvor. For dramatic landscapes, adventure activities and secluded beaches, stay in Sagres.
Top Algarve Holiday Destinations
Looking to catch some sun in the Algarve but not sure where to go? Check out some of our top Algarve holiday destinations:
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes
Prices last checked at 14:04 25 February 2021