Algarve Holidays 2020
The sparkling Atlantic surrounds this renowned beach destination on two sides. Holidays in the Algarve put you in the heart of natural wonders, historic towns and buzzing nightlife.
If you’re dreaming of golden beaches, whitewashed villages and thrilling adventures, the southern coastline of Portugal is the paradise you’re looking for. Algarve holidays appeal to every traveller, with dynamic beach resorts for fun in the sun and serene wilderness for peaceful escapes. History buffs can delve into castles, cathedrals and fascinating museums.
Algarve adventure activities
Out on the water, the Algarve is a hot spot for surfing, sailing and diving with abundant marine life. Inland, challenge yourself to mountain climbing and hike through dazzling wildflowers. For the kids, water slides, zoos and theme parks bring a different thrill every day. As one of Europe’s sunniest places, you can look forward to fantastic holiday weather, year-round.
Why book Algarve holidays
Discover the best beaches
From Praia da Falesia to Praia da Rocha
Sample the local food
Delicious piri piri is a must try in the Algarve
Lush natural wonders
Dramatic cliffs and sandy coves are Algarve highlights
Aside from beaches, there are water parks, adventure activities and dolphin watching
Perfect for watersports
Thrillseekers love getting the action started in the Algarve
Popular with couples
Have it all with romantic Algarve breaks
Top resorts in Algarve
Southern Portugal. The Algarve. White houses glimmer on the town hillside as residents and visitors alike lay on the glorious …From £79 per person
Praia da Rocha
Nestled just five minutes away from central Portimao, Praia da Rocha enjoys a well-earned reputation for having one of the …From £86 per person
The biggest luxury resort in Europe, Vilamoura, is a delightful destination for those seeking pure, unadulterated refinement. People come from …From £104 per person
Rest assured, there’s a whole lot more to the Algarve than just amazing surf spots, historically-fascinating Roman artefacts/remains, countless stunning …From £85 per person
Armacao De Pera
Looking for that perfect getaway in the sun? Make it a holiday to Armacao and enjoy this stunning resort. The …From £109 per person
Soak up Portugal at its best with a holiday to Alvor. It's an excellent cheap holiday destination. Showcasing a gorgeous stretch …From £109 per person
Join the millions of customers finding better value holidays
Search your way
Enter as much or as little information as you’d like. You don’t have to know where or when you’re going to see our best prices
Compare deals quickly
We search through 1000s of flight and hotel combinations to bring you the best offers within seconds
Instantly see prices for each day
Save money by quickly finding the cheapest days to travel
Your guide to Algarve holidays
Top 5 things to do in the Algarve
The real question is, what can’t you do on holidays in the Algarve? Get set to pack your itinerary full of fun for all ages.
- The stunning rock formations of Praia Sao Rafael make it one of the Algarve’s most iconic beaches. Orange-tinged cliffs surround golden sand dotted with sunbeds and water sports vendors.
- Museu de Portimao is located in a 19th-century fish cannery. Learn about the fishing industry with former production lines, conservation practices and fascinating exhibits.
- Give the kids a thrill at one of Portugal’s biggest water parks. Aqualand features the heart- stopping Kamikaze slide, the Banzai Boggan and the Crazy Race speed slide. The Rainbow Park offers shower buckets and mini slides for the little ones.
- Discover remnants of the Roman Empire at the Cerro da Vila Museum. Ruins of the villa complex include sunken baths, a burial tower, salt tanks and lovely mosaics.
- Take a short ferry ride to Tavira Island for a slice of the Caribbean. Bask on soft sands and go wildlife-spotting among dunes and pine forests.
Algarve natural wonders
Along with beautiful beaches, the Algarve is home to an array of wonders that attract nature lovers from across the globe.
- Parque Natural do Sudoeste Alentejano e Costa Vicentina features the longest stretch of protected coastline in the country. Wetlands, salt marshes and soaring cliffs host birds, otters and wildcats.
- Named among the best hiking trails in Europe, the Seven Valleys Trail links Praia de Vale Centeanes to Praia da Marinha. The return coastal trip takes around five hours and highlights some of Portugal’s most incredible seascapes.
- Uninhabited Ilha Deserta is one of the pristine barrier islands in the Ria Formosa Natural Park. It’s a shelter for thousands of birds, with remote stretches of golden sand and azure water. Take a boat tour to visit.
- Praia de Benagil is set within a small fishing village and features the spectacular Benagil Sea Cave. Explore via a boat trip and check out the incredible rock formations along this stretch of wild coast.
- The rolling mountains of the Serra de Monchique feature the highest peak on the Algarve. Hike among oak and eucalyptus forests with sweeping views of the Atlantic.
What our local experts say
Discover the Algarve’s best holiday resorts – where will you ...
Portugal’s sunny southern region is always welcoming travellers from near and far. The Algarve is large, beautiful and a solid holiday destination for those who love a well-rounded experience. But if you’re wondering where in the Algarve you should stay, we’re here to help you out!Continue reading
Winter sun escapes: Discovering the Algarve
As summer comes to an end and the winter sneaks up on us, it’s perfectly normal that we start to think about exotic destinations and dream about laying on sunny shorelines. Plus, as holidays start to become cheaper after the summer break, there’s no excuse not to book ...
Exploring foodie heaven in the Algarve
The Algarve is often renowned for its golden beaches, luxurious resorts and fantastic golf courses. However, another aspect which shouldn’t be missed in Portugal’s southernmost region is without a doubt its cuisine. Various delicious dishes are on offer coming from both land and sea, thanks to the region ...
Most popular Algarve hotels
Your Algarve questions answered
To splash out on upmarket luxury for couples holidays, book holiday packages in Vilamoura. For relaxation on the beach with plenty of pubs and restaurants, try Carvoeiro, Lagos or Alvor. For dramatic landscapes, adventure activities and secluded beaches, stay in Sagres.
Top Algarve Holiday Destinations
Looking to catch some sun in the Algarve but not sure where to go? Check out some of our top Algarve holiday destinations:
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes