Albir Holidays 2021
Sink into Mediterranean bliss on holiday in Albir, the Spanish resort where scenic surrounds and top notch nightlife are always on your doorstep.
It’s easy to see why sun-seekers can’t get enough of Albir holidays. Gracing the shores of Spain’s popular Costa Blanca, the town’s enviable weather and pristine sandy beaches are made for lazy days. However, Albir’s allure stretches far beyond its palm-tree lined streets. With wild nature parks, historic highlights and the bright lights of Benidorm just down the road, you couldn’t be better placed for a trip to remember.
History in Albir
Step back in time among the crumbling baths and excavated burial grounds of Albir’s very own Roman villa. Not only are the ruins free to visit, but the accompanying museum showcases shorts films and ancient artefacts. Dating back to the 4th century. it’s a fascinating insight into this little-known archaeological gem.
Why book Albir holidays
Discover the best beaches
Expect pristine, Blue Flag beaches. We love the main beach, Playa de Racó de l’Albir
You can take a long stroll along the seafront promenade all the way down to the town of Altea
Sample the cafe culture
Feel like a local! Sip on your coffee of choice in a traditional Spanish cafe (bonus points if you grab a sidewalk table!)
Cultural hotspot not to miss
Albir’s Paseo de las Estrellas or Stars Promenade is the Spanish answer to the Hollywood Walk of Fame
Explore the local markets
In summer, discover the lively small markets by the upper end of the seafront promenade
Must-visit historical sites
The historic Roman villas and mausoleum are a must
Most popular Albir hotels
Your guide to Albir holidays
Top 5 things to do in Albir
In addition to the beautiful beaches, Albir holidays are a celebration of local sights and cultural delights.
- Right next door, Serra Gelada Natural Park satisfies any appetite for adventure. Stretch your legs upon coastal mountains scattered with hiking trails and cliffs that plunge into hidden coves.
- Albir Lighthouse wins the crown for the prettiest view in town. Perched high on rocks overlooking the sea, the gentle walk to reach it leads you right past the park’s most stunning scenery.
- Market day creates a bit of a buzz in Albir. Jam-packed with bargains, local produce and handmade souvenirs, make sure Sunday’s circled in your diary!
- The Costa Blanca’s glorious greens are a magnet for golfers. There’s a driving range at Albir cricket club, plus Benidorm’s immaculate golf courses are a must for great rounds with magnificent views.
- Whether you’re in the mood for dining, dancing or simply a dawdle through the quaint streets of Old Town, Benidorm delivers the goods with a legendary buzz that’s hard to ignore.
Outdoor activities around Albir
Get your fresh air fix on a cheap holiday to Albir, home to awe-inspiring landscapes and waterside walks.
- The cascading waterfalls of Las Fuentes del Algar are straight out of a storybook. A natural oasis born from the mountain rivers, this series of sapphire swimming pools are pure paradise.
- Got a head for heights? The sheer rock face of Albir’s 30 metre Via Ferrata is a perfect climb for beginners. Once you’ve conquered the top, get ready for the fun of abseiling back down again!
- Whether you fancy a peaceful pedal around town or an adrenaline-fuelled mountain excursion, Albir’s bike hire facilities put the best of the region in the palm of your hand.
- Romance abounds in pretty Altea. Known as the ‘Santorini of Spain’, its white-washed Old Town lies just an hour’s jaunt along the pleasant seaside promenade from Albir.
- If you have a hire car, don’t miss the remarkable hilltop castles and cobbled lanes of Guadalest. This mountain village perches high above undulating green valleys with views that knock your socks off.
Your Albir questions answered
If you’re a total beach bum, the summer is the best time for a holiday to Albir. Spring and autumn are still comfortably warm, while the winter months tend to be milder, quieter and cheaper.
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes
Prices last checked at 08:54 12 April 2021