Aghia Marina holidays 2021
Lazy days on the sand and evenings indulging in delicious Greek grub are what’s on offer on Aghia Marina holidays.
Quiet sandy stretches and an authentic Greek village vibe are all up for grabs on holidays to Aghia Marina. The resort sits on Crete’s northern coast and is a slice of paradise for those after R&R. Sunbathe on the town’s massive sandy beach, eat your way around traditional tavernas, set sail on blissful boat trips or drive to nearby Chania for a dose of Cretan culture.
Relaxation in Aghia Marina
Aghia Marina getaways are all about R&R. Spend your days hopping between beautiful beaches, soaking up ocean views and strolling around the resort’s old town. You’ll also have a choice of Aghia Marina hotels featuring luxe suites and swimming pools.
Book with confidence
Most popular Aghia Marina hotels
Your guide to Aghia Marina holidays
Top 5 things to do in Aghia Marina
Whether you want to totally switch off or you’re keen to discover more about the local culture, there’s plenty to pique your interest on Aghia Marina breaks.
- If plunging into the balmy Aegean Sea sounds idyllic, you’re in luck! Aghia Marina holidays give you access to some brilliant Blue Flag beaches where you can swim, sunbathe and snorkel.
- Head away from the sea and you’ll discover pretty Pano Aghia Marina. The village is the oldest part of the resort and features pretty buildings and squares dotted with sleepy tavernas.
- Venture down to the waterfront and hire a boat for the day. As well as exploring the coast, you’ll be able to enjoy guided trips across to blissful Theodorou Island.
- The Folklore Museum of Agia Marina is essential viewing. Small yet fascinating, it features exhibitions which showcase how life in the town has changed over the centuries.
- With just 10 kilometres separating Aghia Marina from Chania, it’d be a shame not to fit in a day trip! The second largest city in Crete is brimming with history and fantastic museums.
Day trips from Aghia Marina
While Aghia Marina is the perfect place to base yourself for lazier holidays, you might want to explore further afield...
- Chania is 20 minutes away by road and a fantastic destination for history lovers. Stroll around its Venetian harbour, shop at Old Chania Market or swot up on your naval history at the Maritime Museum.
- Agii Theodorou is the tiny island just offshore from Aghia Marina. While uninhabited, the waters around it are perfect for swimming and snorkelling.
- Enjoy a little peace and quiet with a trip to serene Gonia Odigitria Monastery. Located 15 kilometres up the coast, it dates back to the Renaissance era and hosts a museum packed with amazing Byzantine relics.
- If you fancy a break from the beach, head inland for a wander around the Botanical Park & Gardens Of Crete. They’re bursting with colourful flora and fauna from across the globe.
- Another wonderful location for a walk is Agia Lake. Only 15 minutes from Aghia Marina, it’s the habitat of various local wildlife. Stroll around the shore and then tuck into lunch at one of several cafes overlooking the water.
Aghia Marina weather
Your Aghia Marina questions answered
Crete benefits from hot summers and mild winters. For all-day sunshine and warm sea temperatures, book package holidays to Aghia Marina in July or August.
What our customers say
95% Customer satisfaction with over 17,000 feefo reviews
Hannah Stokes Angelie Macapagal John Rhodes
Prices last checked at 20:23 4 March 2021