Don’t feel guilty about not wanting to be surrounded by children on your holiday.
Be it noisy youngsters or moody teenagers, your own or other people’s, there’s no shame in just wanting to be surrounded by people your own age.
Imagine a calm and quiet pool with nobody doing cannonballs (unless that’s your style?), and more civilised evening dining without worrying about fussy eaters.
There are a world of hotels that cater to the above, in destinations worldwide, where you can find great prices for 2019 on all inclusive resorts, beach breaks, romantic getaways for Valentine's Day or more.
Most popular Couples hotels
Grande Real Santa Eulalia Resort
BH Mallorca Hotel (Adults only)
Blue Sea Montevista-Hawai
Lloret de Mar, Costa Brava
Nashira Resort Hotel & SPA
Jasmine Palace Resort
Hurghada, Red Sea
Mitsis Rodos Maris
Daios Cove Luxury Resort and Villas
Aghios Nikolaos, Crete
Adult-only beach holidays
If you live in fear of an errant beach ball to the face, then we recommend a hotel for grown-ups that has its own private stretch of beach.
Top picks that fit this description include:
- The Heaven Beach Resort & Spa in Antalya, Turkey. This hotel has it all, a mix of private pebble and sandy beach, a large outdoor pool and a sun terrace. There are also several onsite restaurants available, meaning you never need leave the hotel grounds.
- The TRS Turquesa comes with all the benefits of any holiday in the Dominican Republic, with the fantastic addition of its own private stretch of beach. So, you can get a massage to the sound of the waves hitting the shore,with absolute certainty nobody will be crying about their sandcastle being washed away (we hope).
Activity ideas for adult holidays
- If you’re staying in Torremolinos, it is well worth an excursion to nearby Malaga. There’s plenty to see and do in this Andalusian jewel, including the Alcazba, an incredibly well-preserved coastal fortress built in the 11th century when Spain was ruled by the Moors. An architectural marvel, it also offers fantastic sea views.
- Reef and ship-wreck snorkelling in Cancun – with plenty of options and types of excursion available to suit everyone, find one to suit you for an amazing opportunity to see some amazing marine life and intriguing shipwrecks.
Luxury adult only hotels
If you’re looking for a more sophisticated stay with a high level of service, then we recommend these 5-star options:
- Labranda Sandy Villas in Corfu features a choice between swim-up rooms or furnished private sun terraces, with tastefully decorated and spacious villas.
- The Excellence Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic lives up to its name and guests here will be able to choose between eight restaurants and ten bars, including dedicated lobster and steak houses.
Adult-only all inclusive holidays
- The BH Mallorca Hotel in Magaluf is all about pool parties, water slides and its very own open air festival stage that plays host to great live music and DJs. Making it ideal for groups of friends who want to party.
- Head to Cyprus and the Leonardo Plaza Cypria Maris Beach for something a little more chilled. With, an indoor and outdoor pool, as well as a beachfront location, this hotel is great for thos who love the water. A swim-up bar means you never even have to leave the pool.