Frequently Asked Questions

I haven't travelled yet

How will Brexit affect my holiday?

We understand that some of our customers might be anxious to know how Brexit could affect their future holidays in Europe. This is why we wanted to help you understand this process as clearly as possible.

Currently not much will change with your next holiday within the EU. Both the European Commission and the UK government have said that even in the events of a no-deal Brexit, UK travellers will still be able to visit EU countries. So, you can still book a holiday and travel after 29th March 2019.

The main guidance published by the government to date covers the following areas in relation to travel:

What are the passport requirements for travelling to the EU after 29th March 2019?

The UK government recommends that travellers going to the EU after 29 March 2019 have a minimum of six months left on their passport, and is also advising that any extra months which have been added to a 10-year passport will not be valid.

The Passport Office has released a toolkit and customer Q&A to help make customers aware about passport validity changes in the event that the UK leaves the EU without a deal on 29 March 2019, passport checker tool.

This applies to adult and child passports travelling to countries in the Schengen area (find a full list here). For other European countries, please do check their specific requirements.

Will I need a visa to travel to the EU after Brexit?

The European Commission has announced that even in a no-deal scenario you won’t need a visa to travel to any EU countries, UK travellers will still be able to visit the EU without a visa, providing the same is offered to European citizens visiting the UK.

Will there be any increase in roaming charges after Brexit?

Currently, there are no extra roaming charges with the EU, so travellers would pay the same using their mobile within the EU that they already pay in the UK.

These arrangements could change after 29th March. However, some mobile operators might choose to offer the same or similar deals to their customers, so it would be best to check with your own mobile provider before you travel to get the most up to date information on roaming charges.

What happens if I’ve booked to travel after 29th March 2019?

Your holiday plans should not be affected after 29th March. Both the European Commission and the UK government have said that even in a no-deal scenario, flights to and from the UK will continue to operate as normal.

If you are travelling to a country within the Schengen area after 29th March, we suggest you check both the issue and expiration dates on your passport. The passport must be no older than 9 years and 6 months on the day of travel – ensuring it will be valid for at least 6 months after the date of arrival.

For countries that are in the EU but not in the Schengen area (Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus and Romania are not in the Schengen area), you’ll need to check the entry requirements for the country you’re travelling to before you travel.

Will Brexit mean the cost of my holiday will increase?

There is nothing to suggest that the cost of your holiday to the EU will be affected by Brexit. With our Price Match Guarantee, you can also enjoy some peace of mind when booking your next holiday to Europe (online bookings only)