"From the white sands and sapphire blue waters around the Algarve coast to the thriving cities of Porto and Lisbon, there’s plenty to fall in love with"
Find fantastic deals with Monarch and Norwegian flights in July and August and take advantage of our £30 discount EXC30*
Captivating cities, medieval architecture and glorious sand-swept beaches – holidays to Portugal are jam-packed with cultural diversity and spectacular beauty. An eclectic mix of dramatic scenery and beautiful seaside spots have been attracting holidaymakers to Portugal for decades. Boasting year-round sunshine, this is the ideal destination to take your next holiday – whether you’re embarking on a romantic trip away or a fun-filled family break. Discover the Algarve’s best kept secrets in the form of idyllic fishing villages offering quiet retreats or stroll along the promenade of picturesque towns – whatever adventures you choose to follow on your Portugal holidays, you’ll discover new experiences and a wealth of things to do.
Looking for great ways to spend your time in Portugal? Then look no further, with the loveholidays guide to the best attractions in Portugal to keep everyone entertained.
- For guaranteed sunshine on the beaches head to the Algarve. The lively resorts of Albufeira, Vilamoura and Praia da Rocha also provide plenty of beaches where you can laze in the sun all day.
- Many of the beaches in the Algarve are lined with bars and cafés so you are never far away from a refreshing drink or bite to eat in the sun.
- The capital city of Portugal Lisbon has many beaches scattered along the coastline, here you can try plenty of water sports. Have guaranteed fun by trying windsurfing, canoeing and kite surfing!
- There are plenty of water parks located in and around the coastal resorts; head to the Aqualand water park near Lagos and let the kids run wild.
- Portugal is well known for its fantastic golf courses, especially the Algarve. What better way to improve your handicap than playing in stunning surroundings and glorious weather?
- The cultural capital of Lisbon is the perfect destination for a fun night on your Portugal holiday, with plenty of bars and clubs lining the cobbled roads you are sure to have a great night out.
- Kadok near Vilamoura and Locomia near Albufeira provide great nights out with regular themes such as foam parties and glow parties running through the summer.
- For a quieter night out with family and friends head to the beautiful town of Alvor, walk along the beach promenade and take your pick from the seafood restaurants and tuck into some delicious food.
Other attractions to see and do in Portugal:
- Take the kids to the Zoomarine in Albufeira where they can take in a dolphin show and a sea lion show as well.
- Why not take a river cruise in Porto, a city steeped in history here you will be able to visit a Port wine lodge and the beautiful churches set in stunning scenery.
- Why not head to the Loule Market in Faro and hunt for some souvenirs and crafts. The market is a tourist hot bed due to its lively atmosphere and market stalls.
A European Hotspot
With a myriad of places to see and explore, you’ll be spoilt for choice for accommodation choices on your holidays. You’ll find something at the lively resort of Albufeira no matter what age you are, with its various sandy beaches and sizzling nightlife. If you’d like to sample a slice of island life, head straight to Porto Santo. This small island boasts a spectacular view of the Atlantic Ocean and miles of sandy beaches to explore. If you’d rather a dose of adventure on your holidays to Portugal, you’ll find a wealth of water sports on Portugal’s shoreline. Whether you fancy a spot of surfing or hopping on a jet-ski, you’ll find some great high-octane adventures in vibrant Praia de Rocha.
Holidays to Portugal welcome you to some of the most beautiful scenery in the world. Revel in its glorious beaches, explore its crystal clear waters or explore its vast landscapes. The island of Madeira is a holiday hotspot for many, and boasts a unique blend of vibrant flora and fauna and dainty cobbled streets leading to elegant mansions and striking architecture. Of course, with all this spectacular scenery on display, it would be a shame not to explore this picturesque country. Whether you want to wander the well-worn paths of Portugal by foot or discover its rocky trails on a mountain bike, you’ll find plenty of opportunity to traverse the area. With its clear waters and vast marine life, it is no surprise that Portugal is a favourite among divers. Zip yourself into your wetsuit and head deep beneath the sea for an underwater adventure crammed full of colourful fish and stunning reefs. Inject a dose of culture into your Portugal holidays by staying in the beautiful cosmopolitan city of Lisbon. Discover numerous historic sites and old districts harbouring a wealth of history or explore the ruins of the Royal Palace and enjoy fabulous views of the city. Portugal itself is packed full of UNESCO heritage sites – from grand gothic-style monasteries to stunning natural beauty spots. For a cultural trip with a twist, head to the Alto Douro Wine Region, the traditional home of port wine –an ideal souvenir for any budding wine connoisseur.
Terms and Conditions:
Book by midnight 31st August, £30 discount per booking, 7/8 nights departing in July and August, booking must include Monarch or Norwegian flights from London Gatwick and Manchester to selected airports only: Alicante/Corfu/Faro/Fuerteventura/Gran Canaria/Lanzarote/Larnaca/Malaga/Palma/Paphos/Tenerife South
EXC30 Booking dates: 1st June – 31st August 2016 Travel dates: 1st June – 31st August 2016 Duration: 7 & 8nts only £30 discount per booking
Must include a Norwegian or Monarch flight from London Gatwick or Manchester into the following airports only: Alicante/Corfu/Faro (Algarve)/Fuerteventura/Gran Canaria/Lanzarote/Larnaca/Malaga/Palma (Majorca)/Paphos/Tenerife South