Poiana Brasov at a Glance
As the most popular ski resort in Romania, Poiana Brasov boasts an impressive selection of pistes suitable for all abilities. Its close location to Bucharest and Brasov also means there’s a wealth of things to explore in and around the area, so you can make your holiday just about as active as you fancy.
You'll Love Poiana Brasov if...
- Your looking for a budget ski holiday.
- The family fancy an alternative European ski resort but with all the modern facilities.
- Your group has a mix of abilities and needs a location with good beginner slopes.
Discover Poiana Brasov
As one of the best value for money ski resorts in Europe with an impressive selection of amenities and lively après ski activities, a holiday to Poiana Brasov is ideal for keen skiers or borders at all levels and ages.
- The nursery slopes are wide and gentle with a handy plateau at the top of the mountain. Highlights include the enjoyable blue run, Christianu Mare which takes you all the way from the top of the mountain to the village centre, and most beginners will find they are capable of this by the end of a weeks skiing.
- For families and beginners, ski lessons are available with English speaking instructors at very reasonable prices compared to that in other European resorts.
- For intermediates and advanced skiers or boarders, the resort offers a few black and red runs that take you over the varied terrain, and normally remain very quiet.
- The resorts modern sports infrastructure also boasts a very good selection of lifts, including its gondola system with can take up to 2000 skiers per hour up to the snowy peaks of the Postavarul mountain. The total number of runs comes to 13, and the resort also includes an artificial skating rink, Olympic ski track, two 80m jumps and a range of slalom runs. It is also a great cheap ski holiday destination as the use of artificial snow prolongs ski time from Autumn until the Spring.
- A late lift closure of 9pm also means that you can get the most out of your lift pass, with runs being lit up by floodlights to guide you down after a refreshing drink in one of the piste bars.
- The village centre itself also offers a wide selection of restaurants, bars and discos for dancing in your ski boots until the early hours of the morning.
Book With Confidence
Don’t be tied to package holidays, let loveholidays.com help you organise your perfect Poiana Brasov trip today. Or for more information on Romania Holidays Click Here