Located just a short distance from the coastline of Crete, the sleepy town of Milatos represents a relaxed and peaceful beach resort. This former fishing village makes a great destination for anyone who likes to take life slowly, and it’s a far cry from Crete’s busier resorts.
Ideal for ...
- Milatos has both pebble and sand beaches, which offer great conditions for swimming.
- Being a former fishing village, Milatos excels when it comes to seafood. No trip to the village is complete until you’ve tried the mouthwatering fish dishes on offer at the local restaurants.
- Thanks to its slow pace of life and welcoming atmosphere, a holiday to Milatos is ideal for those planning to travel with the whole family.
Milatos is reached by a small road leading south from Neapoli, and due to the remote location it is one of Crete’s less-frequented resorts. If you’re looking for peace and quiet in a breathtaking location of rugged cliffs, pebble beaches and forests, then it doesn’t come much better than this. Holidays to Milatos are perfectly suited to those looking for a holiday based on simplicity and relaxation.
- Milatos has a strong reputation for its fish restaurants. The town started off as a fishing settlement, and this tradition has blossomed over the years, to make Milatos a fine centre for local cuisine. Be sure to try some of the local flavours during your visit.
- The pebble beach situated just east of the town’s harbour makes a great spot for walking, and the water here is both warm and clear, providing excellent conditions for swimming. Alternatively, if you are looking to sunbathe then perhaps you’d rather pay a visit to the picturesque sand beach closer to the town. This is also a great spot for beach games.
- Anyone hoping to enjoy an excursion or two during their stay on Crete will find that Milatos is ideally placed for visits to some of the island’s culture capitals. Agios Nikolaos lies 30 kilometres to the east, while to the west you’ll be able to visit Heraklion, with its wealth of Greek ruins.
Book with confidence
You can trust us we're Fully Licensed!
- Luxury Hotels in Milatos
So, forget everything you heard about package holidays in Milatos. When you book your holiday with loveholidays, you’ll be able to design your very own dream break – expertly tailored to suit both your taste and your budget. Talk to us now, and start planning the holiday of a lifetime.